XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of becoming an Ayurveda Healer... go head and laugh but it's a growing profession.
My first choice was to be a back up vocalist for an Abba cover band but that's only a dream.

Last edited:
You should really monitor better. Because that's what I've been say's since i started posting. But you company (ani-union) people keep bring it up. It's like that's the only thing you guy's talk about. Union pension this union pension was stolen union pension that.
Should we just ignore the fact that the greedy union stole our pension? That would certainly help your narrative.
Why do I have a feeling you won't answer......

Should we just ignore the fact that the greedy union stole our pension? That would certainly help your narrative.
Can you explain exactly how the union stole your pension ? Please in detail because I'm trying to understand where your coming from. I take it if you mean union your talking about the leadership? Please don't take this wrong it not a loaded question.

How did feel Con-way freezing ours ? Do you think they were being greedy to do that?

How about a growing profitable company that only offers its new employees a sub standard measly 401 k match ? Is that greedy?

Can you explain exactly how the union stole your pension ? Please in detail because I'm trying to understand where your coming from. I take it if you mean union your talking about the leadership? Please don't take this wrong it not a loaded question.
Teamsters top level corruption was so bad in the 70s the government had to take control of the pension. Google teamsters corruption and read away.

Look at that. He asked a question, and I answered it. Hopefully some of the union guys will start answering my questions. Sadly, we know they won't.

How about a growing profitable company that only offers its new employees a sub standard measly 401 k match ? Is that greedy?
It's not as greedy as stealing something that was promised to hard working people.

I've answered your questions. I'm betting money I won't get the same courtesy.

It's not as greedy as stealing something that was promised to hard working people.

I've answered your questions. I'm betting money I won't get the same courtesy.
I'm sorry but I missed your question in there.
I have already acknowledged corruption in the teamsters in the past. There current pension problems that exist in some regions is not related to stuff that happened back in the 70's. I wholly agree with you if someone is not getting the promised pension or only part of it I think that's horrible. I was promised a good pension here if I kept my nose clean and stayed out of trouble but it was pulled and to make it worse it was fully funded. I know that hurt.

Arguing over a multi employer pension fund is really a mute point since its highly unlikely anyone is going to enter one of those . Which leaves us corruption and I think holding the Teamsters's out alone on that is a little skewed seeing that our own Jacobs got caught doing that same thing. Where's there's money there's always going to be the unacceptable. We have to be guarded against it.
Also is it that your opposed to unions in general or is it solely the Teamsters's due to your past experience? There's a big difference.

Last edited:
You should really monitor better. Because that's what I've been say's since i started posting. But you company (ani-union) people keep bring it up. It's like that's the only thing you guy's talk about. Union pension this union pension was stolen union pension that.
I've said and ill say it again. Having some kind of representation might help us get a better 401.
By the way. I think you said .You guy's in Canada didn't loose ypur pension. So you guy's don't have to worry about. Specially since you guy's have a 3rd party representation.
i monitor just fine, thanks. You said fed ex is the only company that offers a good pension. That's what my comment was directed at. We lost the exact same things pension wise that you did. We did not loose our vacation like you did. I'm not sure what 3rd party representation you think we have?

I'm sorry but I missed your question in there.
I have already acknowledged corruption in the teamsters in the past. There current pension problems that exist in some regions is not related to stuff that happened back in the 70's. I wholly agree with you if someone is not getting the promised pension or only part of it I think that's horrible. I was promised a good pension here if I kept my nose clean and stayed out of trouble but it was pulled and to make it worse it was fully funded. I know that hurt.

Arguing over a multi employer pension fund is really a mute point since its highly unlikely anyone is going to enter one of those . Which leaves us corruption and I think holding the Teamsters's out alone on that is a little skewed seeing that our own Jacobs got caught doing that same thing. Where's there's money there's always going to be the unacceptable. We have to be guarded against it.
Also is it that your opposed to unions in general or is it solely the Teamsters's due to your past experience? There's a big difference.
How can you say the actions of the past don't have anything to do with the Teamsters of today, when that's the exact logic you use on Jacobs? Corruption is alive and well in the teamsters right now. What's to prevent them from stealing again?
I'm not the one holding only one party accountable. I'm not the one saying the unions past is in the past. I've said they're both greedy. One of the questions you "missed" was how will I be better by having two corrupt companies getting rich on my back?
I'm mostly anti teamster since that's the corruption I've experienced first hand. If there's an honest union out there, I'd listen.

I said you dance around the answer, you usually answer by saying answer my question first or something completely off topic
In case you missed it, I've answered every question asked to me. Sucker "missed"/danced around mine and Sit4afuture has simply ignored mine. In his defense, he has attacked my character since he's unable to answer the questions.

Teamsters top level corruption was so bad in the 70s the government had to take control of the pension. Google teamsters corruption and read away.

Look at that. He asked a question, and I answered it. Hopefully some of the union guys will start answering my questions. Sadly, we know they won't.
And when the government took the pension over it was still fully funded (just not over funded) when the fund became over funded again the government made the fund give every retiree a raise. Under government foresight the fund managers have managed to break it all while collecting fat salaries and bonuses.

In case you missed it, I've answered every question asked to me. Sucker "missed"/danced around mine and Sit4afuture has simply ignored mine. In his defense, he has attacked my character since he's unable to answer the questions.
I didn't miss anything, you couldn't give a direct answer if you wanted to, as far as him attacking your character you need to grow thicker skin.

And when the government took the pension over it was still fully funded (just not over funded) when the fund became over funded again the government made the fund give every retiree a raise. Under government foresight the fund managers have managed to break it all while collecting fat salaries and bonuses.
Had the teamsters not stole it, it wouldn't have been under government control. But that's none of my business.

I didn't miss anything, you couldn't give a direct answer if you wanted to, as far as him attacking your character you need to grow thicker skin.
Yet I've given direct answers and many still aren't happy. Instead of me getting thicker skin, he could be a grown up and discuss the topic instead of attacking me. I guess that's too much to ask? If he represents how the union works, count me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.