XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing it out there, but do you even work for XPO?

Also, none of us live in steel houses. You never know what tomorrow or even the future holds. I’d love the protection of the union in this regard.

None of us XPO drivers, dockworkers, fos’s, fom’s, or probably even terminal managers know what XPO is going to do. We don’t know. Would the union bring wanted protection in some areas? Yes. Would it bring unwanted things in other? Yes.

I believe the argument sucker and stand argues is that is having the union better than not in these unknown times. I personally believe, yes.
SO how well has that worked out in the past????? Cornflake

If you are referring to progressive discipline explain how that is different than a company policy? The fact that it is written and must be followed makes sure everybody is treated equally and the good ole boys get the same as everybody else.

Oh, sure, it's written down, but there's no "must be followed", union company or not. Every company has discretionary discipline. It doesn't matter what's on the contract/company policy if no one is willing to write you a letter for breaking it.

Simply having a contract, or a company policy, doesn't make sure everyone is treated equally and it sure as hell doesn't make the good ol' boys honest.

The difference is when union guys are fired and then get their job back with back pay. I saw it twice when I was in the union. Both were bums and should have been fired.
If fired unjustly you should get back pay, as far as them being "bums" that's your opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.

Interesting.

Very. I hadn't heard of that option until today. The threshold is 30% to get a new election, but if you get more than 50% on the petition it's all over- the company has to stop recognizing the union, no election necessary.

You know you've got nothing to offer when the 15 dollar an hour warehouse folks don't even want you.

Interesting.
Very. I hadn't heard of that option until today. The threshold is 30% to get a new election, but if you get more than 50% on the petition it's all over- the company has to stop recognizing the union, no election necessary.

You know you've got nothing to offer when the 15 dollar an hour warehouse folks don't even want you.

If you go back to page 2 of this thread post #21 on 12 Oct 2016 it was post that the teamster won there election with 72 to 49 vote. In the article it states that 73 petitioned the company out of 124 that are employed there. At some point in the last year 24 employees changed their minds. I guess 24 of them stop drinking the union kool-aid

I spoke to a Holland driver this week, and he told me that the company is going to be asking for another 5% cut in pay and that the workers start paying for health care. Is this what we could expect if we joined the Teamsters?

I spoke to a Holland driver this week, and he told me that the company is going to be asking for another 5% cut in pay and that the workers start paying for health care. Is this what we could expect if we joined the Teamsters?
What a load of crap! How exactly would this driver know anything about the next contract? They are not in negotiations! ABF hasn’t even started negotiating and ours expires April 2018.

What a load of crap! How exactly would this driver know anything about the next contract? They are not in negotiations! ABF hasn’t even started negotiating and ours expires April 2018.
When I see him, I'll let him know what you said.

I think health benefits are going to be the big think in all these contract talks and the company will be asking for the union members to start paying into the healthcare plan

Status
Not open for further replies.