XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now I'll wait to see what you've changed for the better of your co-worker. And please make sure you post some pic's so everone can see the changes.

QUOTE="Stand4afuture, post: 1207574, member: 38823"]Damn right it is.
But most of this guy's in here will tell you it's because the company cares and love's it's employees. The company doesn't need or feel pressure.[/QUOTE]

O9uL4ED.jpg

Spontaneous Sudden single terminal pay increases do not happen coincidentally at terminals with union activity. Anyone tells you different is fooling themselves and needs to back away from the koolaid.

Last edited:
QUOTE="Stand4afuture, post: 1207574, member: 38823"]Damn right it is.
But most of this guy's in here will tell you it's because the company cares and love's it's employees. The company doesn't need or feel pressure.

O9uL4ED.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Hey you got it all wrong. The company care but us. it only take's them 30 or 40 year's to show the love. Just give them a chance.
By the way that's some good bologne.. And i love Kool-Aid.

For years we asked about this they told us that the company was not going to change the way business was done we petition to Union and out of the blue they give us more I would call that a brive. To keep the union out. So my question stance have you ever gotten anything like this have you ever changed anything like this?
No I haven’t. Quite honestly, since I’ve been with the company, I’ve been quite happy with what we get paid in our region. I understand not everyone gets paid the same, and that’s a big source of animosity.

Look, your a mechanic. Your issues may well be justified. They are different than drivers issues. Obviously you felt the union was the way to go. That’s your choice.

Oh im so glad you found tha pathetic. Since it took him so many years to do it. And they only did it after we petition. But since that's pathetic how about this. And make sure you read it carefully because i was the one to have change everyone's compensation.
rUmLD8s.jpg

That letter is dated more than 6 months BEFORE you filed your petition, and well over a year after they made similar adjustments to driver pay scales across the country. I don't think you get to take credit for that.

No matter who sits in the big chair, it still won't be 1979. Most members of the IBT don't care enough about who's in charge to even vote- they are members because it came with the job, not because they want to carry the flag.
It’s not just a problem solely exclusive to the Teamsters.
Not to unlike are government elections.. people complain and point fingers but when it comes time to vote they leave it for the other guy to do.

Last edited:
How about the fact that mechanics get a $400.00 in quarterly tool allowance.
Tools that aren’t owned by the company but are the mechanics.

The mechanics make the same pay as we do as well as get the other so called benefits.

Do they also get the bonus on Valentine’s Day?

I’d like to get a nice quarterly allowance for gloves, a nice flashlight, and some boots.

This company should have us all in a pool for some kind of group discount for us all buying boots.

I ask for some gloves and they never have any and haven’t for months. When I got some a year or more ago they were the cheap ass thick ones with big fingertips that you can’t even unlatch/latch straps with.

It’s not just a problem solely exclusive to the Teamsters.
Not to unlike are government elections.. people complain and point fingers but when it comes time to vote they leave it for the other guy to do.

Yeah, or even worse they vote for someone who is as ignorant and angry as they are. I hate it when that happens.

That letter is dated more than 6 months BEFORE you filed your petition, and well over a year after they made similar adjustments to driver pay scales across the country. I don't think you get to take credit for that.
Organizing isn't an over night thing.It takes time.
But please Serene post what you"ve done to help the rest of your co-worker.
Like i said please post some pic's so we can all see it.
Oh yeah also keep in mind that most of the stuff on the letter is standard in a union shop. If you like i can post some union contracts so you can compare. And again it only took 30 year's + for them to make a change. On their own..
:biglaugh:

Last edited:
So who think's me resposting the letter will make the company change thing's for the shop's again???
Now you guy's know what we get over here. Why don't you guy's check with your shop's and ask what the mechanic's are getting? Is it the same or is it different?

I forgot to ask the most important Question.
Who think the stuff listed on the letter was a benefit for the mechanic's? And Not just for stand4afuture??

Organizing isn't an over night thing.It takes time.

And all that time invested just to quit two days before the vote. Ouch.

But please Serene post what you"ve done to help the rest of your co-worker. Like i said please post some pic's so we can all see it.

I have nothing to prove to you, but I suppose I could post some stuff in our break room and claim I was responsible for it, too.

So who think's me resposting the letter will make the company change thing's for the shop's again???

The company that sent you that letter doesn't exist any more. I don't think XPO cares what you do with it.

And all that time invested just to quit two days before the vote. Ouch.

I have nothing to prove to you, but I suppose I could post some stuff in our break room and claim I was responsible for it, too.

The company that sent you that letter doesn't exist any more. I don't think XPO cares what you do with it.
Please do. I like to see what you have in your lunch room. Maybe some flavored Kool-Aid.
Your right you have nothing to prove to me. But how about the rest of your co-worker's?
Just keep doing your job. That should be enough to up grade everyone's benefit.
By the way did the old company ever give you a letter like that? How long have you been working for this company?

A Billionaire Destroyed His Newsrooms Out of Spite

"Not to lecture these free-enterprise experts on economics, but the idea that employees like those at DNAinfo-Gothamist ( online newspapers ) have any incentive to bankrupt their own employer is ridiculous. They work there. They have a robust incentive to make the workplace better. Their success is tied to the success of the company." -
By HAMILTON NOLAN
NOVEMBER 3, 2017

This is an op-ed piece from the New York Times. In short it covers the shutdown of some online newspapers by the owner after they unionized.

I think unionization efforts should focus on what is stated here: The idea that the workers want to hurt the company they work for is ridiculous. They have a robust incentive to make the workplace better. Their success is tied to the success of the company.

A Billionaire Destroyed His Newsrooms Out of Spite

"Not to lecture these free-enterprise experts on economics, but the idea that employees like those at DNAinfo-Gothamist ( online newspapers ) have any incentive to bankrupt their own employer is ridiculous. They work there. They have a robust incentive to make the workplace better. Their success is tied to the success of the company." -
By HAMILTON NOLAN
NOVEMBER 3, 2017

This is an op-ed piece from the New York Times. In short it covers the shutdown of some online newspapers by the owner after they unionized.

I think unionization efforts should focus on what is stated here: The idea that the workers want to hurt the company they work for is ridiculous. They have a robust incentive to make the workplace better. Their success is tied to the success of the company.
Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.