XPO union thread.

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by upnorth, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Stand4afuture

Stand4afuture Well-Known Member

So now I'll wait to see what you've changed for the better of your co-worker. And please make sure you post some pic's so everone can see the changes.

2. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

QUOTE="Stand4afuture, post: 1207574, member: 38823"]Damn right it is.
    But most of this guy's in here will tell you it's because the company cares and love's it's employees. The company doesn't need or feel pressure.[/QUOTE]

[​IMG]

3. sucker666

Spontaneous Sudden single terminal pay increases do not happen coincidentally at terminals with union activity. Anyone tells you different is fooling themselves and needs to back away from the koolaid.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. Stand4afuture

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Hey you got it all wrong. The company care but us. it only take's them 30 or 40 year's to show the love. Just give them a chance.
    By the way that's some good bologne.. And i love Kool-Aid.

5. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

No I haven’t. Quite honestly, since I’ve been with the company, I’ve been quite happy with what we get paid in our region. I understand not everyone gets paid the same, and that’s a big source of animosity.

Look, your a mechanic. Your issues may well be justified. They are different than drivers issues. Obviously you felt the union was the way to go. That’s your choice.

6. Serene Gene

Serene Gene Well-Known Member

That letter is dated more than 6 months BEFORE you filed your petition, and well over a year after they made similar adjustments to driver pay scales across the country. I don't think you get to take credit for that.

highspeeds and Fly-by-night like this.
  7. Serene Gene

highspeeds likes this.
  8. sucker666

It’s not just a problem solely exclusive to the Teamsters.
    Not to unlike are government elections.. people complain and point fingers but when it comes time to vote they leave it for the other guy to do.

Serene Gene likes this.
  9. ConwayDSR

ConwayDSR Well-Known Member

How about the fact that mechanics get a $400.00 in quarterly tool allowance.
    Tools that aren’t owned by the company but are the mechanics.

The mechanics make the same pay as we do as well as get the other so called benefits.

Do they also get the bonus on Valentine’s Day?

I’d like to get a nice quarterly allowance for gloves, a nice flashlight, and some boots.

This company should have us all in a pool for some kind of group discount for us all buying boots.

I ask for some gloves and they never have any and haven’t for months. When I got some a year or more ago they were the cheap ass thick ones with big fingertips that you can’t even unlatch/latch straps with.

10. Serene Gene

Yeah, or even worse they vote for someone who is as ignorant and angry as they are. I hate it when that happens.

11. sucker666

I guess they thought he had their best interests. Their finding out now who he is really for and the one sitting in the wings waiting is worse.

icuicp likes this.
  12. Serene Gene

Do they? I'd be very surprised if that was true.

Quarterly? You're really hard on flashlights and shoes.

13. Stand4afuture

Organizing isn't an over night thing.It takes time.
    But please Serene post what you"ve done to help the rest of your co-worker.
    Like i said please post some pic's so we can all see it.
    Oh yeah also keep in mind that most of the stuff on the letter is standard in a union shop. If you like i can post some union contracts so you can compare. And again it only took 30 year's + for them to make a change. On their own..
    :biglaugh:

Hoot Owl likes this.
  14. Stand4afuture

So who think's me resposting the letter will make the company change thing's for the shop's again???
    Now you guy's know what we get over here. Why don't you guy's check with your shop's and ask what the mechanic's are getting? Is it the same or is it different?

15. Stand4afuture

I forgot to ask the most important Question.
    Who think the stuff listed on the letter was a benefit for the mechanic's? And Not just for stand4afuture??

16. Serene Gene

And all that time invested just to quit two days before the vote. Ouch.

I have nothing to prove to you, but I suppose I could post some stuff in our break room and claim I was responsible for it, too.

The company that sent you that letter doesn't exist any more. I don't think XPO cares what you do with it.

17. Stand4afuture

Please do. I like to see what you have in your lunch room. Maybe some flavored Kool-Aid.
    Your right you have nothing to prove to me. But how about the rest of your co-worker's?
    Just keep doing your job. That should be enough to up grade everyone's benefit.
    By the way did the old company ever give you a letter like that? How long have you been working for this company?

18. Stand4afuture

Here is my hourly wage. It's the same as the driver's in our location.
    [​IMG]
    Here is what i make. The same as the driver's in this location.

19. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

A Billionaire Destroyed His Newsrooms Out of Spite

"Not to lecture these free-enterprise experts on economics, but the idea that employees like those at DNAinfo-Gothamist ( online newspapers ) have any incentive to bankrupt their own employer is ridiculous. They work there. They have a robust incentive to make the workplace better. Their success is tied to the success of the company." -
    By HAMILTON NOLAN
    NOVEMBER 3, 2017

This is an op-ed piece from the New York Times. In short it covers the shutdown of some online newspapers by the owner after they unionized.

I think unionization efforts should focus on what is stated here: The idea that the workers want to hurt the company they work for is ridiculous. They have a robust incentive to make the workplace better. Their success is tied to the success of the company.

sucker666 likes this.
  20. sucker666

Bravo