XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4EdqkGT.jpg

I’ve received two calls from the police union looking for money. They need money because their job is hard and dangerous. Not much different than trucking. Why doesn’t the Teamsters start doing fund raisers for the pension?

They took control because the teamsters leaders were stealing it. But let’s blame the politicians.....

He wants you to find fault in the government for being forced into dealing with some ::shit:: that wasn't theirs to start with. But not hold the union at fault for the theft. And he probably wants your tax money to pay for the whole thing and compensate him for his loss too.

He wants you to find fault in the government for being forced into dealing with some :::shit::: that wasn't theirs to start with. But not hold the union at fault for the theft. And he probably wants your tax money to pay for the whole thing and compensate him for his loss too.
That’s a of assuming.

Troubleman , I take what you say for being the truth for what it's worth. However , I stand by the general view that the working man and woman who make up the Teamsters hold the leadership at fault for the position the union is in now.

Now I can only go by the small sample size of the drivers I've talked to and the info I take in on the internet. But , it seems to be consistent among the union membership that the union leadership has screwed the freight division. This combined with bad leadership and timing of business decisions from the largest members of the national master freight agreement have given Freight Teamsters zero leverage.

Anything the union may want to do to put pressure on a freight company now would probably hurt the union more than the company. A horrible position to try and negotiate from.

Apologies for the rant.

Troubleman , I take what you say for being the truth for what it's worth. However , I stand by the general view that the working man and woman who make up the Teamsters hold the leadership at fault for the position the union is in now.

Now I can only go by the small sample size of the drivers I've talked to and the info I take in on the internet. But , it seems to be consistent among the union membership that the union leadership has screwed the freight division. This combined with bad leadership and timing of business decisions from the largest members of the national master freight agreement have given Freight Teamsters zero leverage.

Anything the union may want to do to put pressure on a freight company now would probably hurt the union more than the company. A horrible position to try and negotiate from.

Apologies for the rant.

That’s some good ::shit:: right there.

So you change course and claim the union is completely innocent and the government oversite is the guilty party ?

Why do I need educated ? You are talking out both sides of your mouth.

Do you hold the union accountable for their errors or not ?

It’s a simple question. Can you give a straight answer ?
Government didn’t take over fund due it being underfunded. It went under while they had control over it. Never changed course

Apologies for the rant.
I understand but the union membership controls the vote when by overwhelming majority. I’ve been in office as a business agent and has seen both sides of the fence. A lot of things I’ve dealt has me seeing things different now.

Government didn’t take over fund due it being underfunded. It went under while they had control over it. Never changed course
Correct. They took it over because the Teamsters were stealing it. In the last link you provided, the first paragraph says as much. Had the Teamsters done their job and looked out for the best interest of the members instead of lining their own greedy pockets, the government never would have had the chance to bankrupt it. I blame the Teamsters first.

Status
Not open for further replies.