XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't work for XPO, I have no idea what their policy is or isn't, last job I had you got lunch every 5 hrs.
In the city with Xpo you are only entitled to one half hour lunch irregaurdless of how long you work . Something I think needs to change . You can work 14 hours and only get a half hour break.

I read that article months ago and it does not state they were decertified by the Nlrb . It merely states the company no longer recognizes the union if I read it right . It’s an important technically. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Just reposted the link just in case anyone missed it. I never said anything about the decertified part

That is some deep conspiracy theory stuff right there. Do you have any personal theories on Bigfoot or the grassy knoll, but I guess as with everything else we will all see in time, right? As for the other guy who does not work here but is being so helpful in educating us on the benefits of being Brothers by calling us jackasses, I never said it was a decertification. I said you were arguing semantics and linguistics. If those words have too many syllables for you I'm sorry. The end result is; the IBT is no longer recognized as the representative for the employee's at the New Haven facility. (Of course under protest by the IBT). Furthermore the petition if conducted legally is sufficient to unrecognize the union if 50% plus one signed it. But I'm sure all the employees were forced to sign or be fed to Godzilla or some other cryptozoological creature you would find in science fiction conspiracy thrillers.

P.S. I can provide definitions for any of the words longer than 3 syllables if needed for any of the helpful Teamsters.

Quit calling people names and grow up. You're pathetic and so is your union Roadboss
:lmao::burn::fingure:

Is what you quoted from the Anti union site the national right to work sight the law or their opinion.

The law, of course. I had it verified by a real labor lawyer. You think someone just made that up?

My understanding is that the Nlrb still recognizes them a bargaining unit until it is decertified by a vote.

That is incorrect. Think about it- if a majority of the employees are willing to put their names on a petition to remove the union, what do you need a secret ballot election for?

The NLRB is just a referee- they are not required to install or remove a representative. Did they require elections when all those old Overnite terminals used card check with UPS? Of course not. Same thing.

Also, if you read the Transport Topics article, the Teamsters are not challenging the petition method- just the alleged involvement of XPO. You know that if the petition was illegal the IBT would be screaming it from the mountaintops.

Is that why the Democrat infested Goldman Sachs is paying and extra $5 BILLION in taxes in Q4???

Lost of companies handed out bonus $$$ with the new tax $$$$

Guess you miss the Obama days of 1.2% GDP, no new full time jobs, record student debt, record suicides, record Veteran deaths due to poor healthcare, record Veteran suicides, record debt, record student debt, record on welfare, record on food stamps, record on disability, records illegal immigration, ISIS creation.. etc...

Guess you enjoyed that Hope & Change.. good for you...
I am certainly not defending Obama's policy's especially when it comes to Trucking. But most forget that Bush policy's about took this country down. The little Tax rebate you got probably cost you a hundred times that in higher fuel and energy costs during his tenure. This is not the place for political debate, I am simply pointing that out.

The law, of course. I had it verified by a real labor lawyer. You think someone just made that up?

That is incorrect. Think about it- if a majority of the employees are willing to put their names on a petition to remove the union, what do you need a secret ballot election for?

The NLRB is just a referee- they are not required to install or remove a representative. Did they require elections when all those old Overnite terminals used card check with UPS? Of course not. Same thing.

Also, if you read the Transport Topics article, the Teamsters are not challenging the petition method- just the alleged involvement of XPO. You know that if the petition was illegal the IBT would be screaming it from the mountaintops.
I think they have filed charges against according to the Nlrb site

Is the bargaining unit still recognized by the Nlrb? Yes or no?

Because it’s not a secret ballot like the election and who no who signed the petition vs checking off a ballot card under the presence of an Nlrb election official. I do not see the filing to decert on the Nlrb site.

Not necessarily. If you take your lunch before your 6th hour you may have to take a 2nd lunch if you're still driving 8hrs after the first.
Yeah tell your city dispatcher your going to take a 2nd lunch. That works for line because their time is driving time . In the city you do not accumulate that many driving hours

You have connection at hand to a labor lawyer to ask questions. Geeze !

I think they have filed charges against according to the Nlrb site

Of course they have. So what? Anyone can file those for just about anything.

Is the bargaining unit still recognized by the Nlrb? Yes or no?

I don't know, but I also don't think it matters either way. Since there won't be an election and there will be no more collective bargaining, I'll go with "no". I assume they'll investigate the charges, the company will produce the petition and the NLRB will walk away.

Of course they have. So what? Anyone can file those for just about anything.

I don't know, but I also don't think it matters either way. Since there won't be an election and there will be no more collective bargaining, I'll go with "no". I assume they'll investigate the charges, the company will produce the petition and the NLRB will walk away.
Yeah , I guess will find out eventuality. Gray area. Effective for now for the company thanks for you honesty

Because it’s not a secret ballot like the election and who no who signed the petition vs checking off a ballot card under the presence of an Nlrb election official.

"Who knows who signed the petition"?? Did the NLRB commission a forensic handwriting analysis of your petition for election in Philly to make sure the signatures were valid? I bet not. It's not a conspiracy- don't get kooky.

I do not see the filing to decert on the Nlrb site.

Because they only have to file for a decertification election. There won't be one. Honestly, sometimes I think you're not even listening to me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.