XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO IM A Supervisor yea ok. I was told a week before Christmas my run will be eliminated cause it’s slow just to have contractors haul it. Road Boss I don’t have anything to hide man. Every thing I’m saying is true. The Union is dead. If it makes you upset then I don’t know what else to tell you. DOG EAT DOG Mentality. We the top paid in the industry. The fastest trucks in the LTL industry. Supposed to be paid a pension or maybe flip into a 401k plan in the near future industry. But do me one HUGE favor for me if it’s not to much to ask. One day sit on the side of a interstate and count how Many XPO,FedEx Freight,OLD Dominion,Saia,AAA Cooper,Southeastern,doubles you see going both ways. Then see how many YELLOW, ABF AND UPSF Doubles you see passing both ways. I’ll wait. But in the mean time I’ll go ahead and drop the Mic. I’m Done. Again y’all STAY BLESSED.

LMAO IM A Supervisor yea ok. I was told a week before Christmas my run will be eliminated cause it’s slow just to have contractors haul it. Road Boss I don’t have anything to hide man. Every thing I’m saying is true. The Union is dead. If it makes you upset then I don’t know what else to tell you. DOG EAT DOG Mentality. We the top paid in the industry. The fastest trucks in the LTL industry. Supposed to be paid a pension or maybe flip into a 401k plan in the near future industry. But do me one HUGE favor for me if it’s not to much to ask. One day sit on the side of a interstate and count how Many XPO,FedEx Freight,OLD Dominion,Saia,AAA Cooper,Southeastern,doubles you see going both ways. Then see how many YELLOW, ABF AND UPSF Doubles you see passing both ways. I’ll wait. But in the mean time I’ll go ahead and drop the Mic. I’m Done. Again y’all STAY BLESSED.
Almost forgot and highest paid. But look who’s taking all the loads. Contractors/O/O-Truckload. Lol ok now I’m done. They too smart for that. XPO YALL AND THE Other LTL CARRIERS ARE DOING JUST FINE. Lol smh don’t think we got it made cause we don’t. We are a Tax write off. That’s about it.

Work rules and lack of subcontractor protection is you guys killer. UPS threw money at contract and guys bit on it. Subcontractor issue was grieved and took the San Antonio national panel by Ken Hall and lost due to way language is written. Don’t combine UPS freight contractual woes with NMFA and make it seem as we all are losing work to subcontractors. Not say YRC hasn’t tried to loophole subcontractors in but they just recently caught and had cough up $750,000 in backpay to ran around Road drivers.

Work rules and lack of subcontractor protection is you guys killer. UPS threw money at contract and guys bit on it. Subcontractor issue was grieved and took the San Antonio national panel by Ken Hall and lost due to way language is written. Don’t combine UPS freight contractual woes with NMFA and make it seem as we all are losing work to subcontractors. Not say YRC hasn’t tried to loophole subcontractors in but they just recently caught and had cough up $750,000 in backpay to ran around Road drivers.
So you work for YRC? I wasn’t trying to combine carriers sorry if I came off that way. Can you see YRC being in business a year or two from now? Can you see YRC, or the other sister companies getting a pension after retirement? Of getting y’all five percent and vacation back? I’ll wait. But wasn’t taking shots. Wake up man. Are y’all going to vote no this time or will the senior guys vote yes to keep a steady pay check coming in.

You are absolutely right. They threw money at these clowns and they took it and guess what it’s going to happen again In this contract lol. All I’m saying is stop telling these guys they need a union.I work at a union carrier and all you see are cry babies and back stabbers. Smh. Go ahead and bash me now. I’m done.

So you work for YRC? I wasn’t trying to combine carriers sorry if I came off that way. Can you see YRC being in business a year or two from now? Can you see YRC, or the other sister companies getting a pension after retirement? Of getting y’all five percent and vacation back? I’ll wait. But wasn’t taking shots. Wake up man. Are y’all going to vote no this time or will the senior guys vote yes to keep a steady pay check coming in.
#1 yes
#2 if we bargain for it yes just like we bargained to concession
#3 How do I know we haven’t started contract negotiations. Your best interest is to pay attention to what is going on on your negotiations start that in the middle of January. Gotta kill the overnite mentality.

You are absolutely right. They threw money at these clowns and they took it and guess what it’s going to happen again In this contract lol. All I’m saying is stop telling these guys they need a union.I work at a union carrier and all you see are cry babies and back stabbers. Smh. Go ahead and bash me now. I’m done.
Not gonna bash you that would make most guys on here happy you handle shop differences behind closed doors not for members you hope to see join to watch. UPS Freight is a totally different type of union shop NMFA barn. Just cause one shop contract sucks doesn’t make it bad for all shops.

He's not going to stop his proselytizing for the union as he prattles on endlessly about the glorious Teamsters, he cannot help himself because he's a trouble maker, hence his handle, "Troubleman84."

Not true,troubleman just speaks what's on his mind, what you see is what you get,we should all be so lucky to work wit someone ,who stands by their beliefs,just because you disagree with him,doesn't give you the right to personally attack him,just disagree and be done with it,and furthermore,you should do your homework on teamster issues before you comment,ill take my work environment over the non union environment any day,...keep drinking that tea.when corporate xpo is done with the freight side,you just might find yourself at a yrc company,who by the way are all doing very well financially.stay safe everyone

He's not going to stop his proselytizing for the union as he prattles on endlessly about the glorious Teamsters, he cannot help himself because he's a trouble maker, hence his handle, "Troubleman84."
Never said they were glorious they have issues that needs attention but overall I wouldn’t trade it for a non union shop. Your right my terminal manager, regional manger, and president of company has felt my rath. Not billy bad ass but I just go by contract and work rules and I hold the company accountable as well. You learn a lot going from the truck to union official back to truck I know too much for the company to handle.

Last edited:
,...keep drinking that tea.
I’ve asked this a dozen times and as the playbook says it’s never been answered. Why are people that don’t want the union considered brainwashed tea drinking fools? The union guys are drinking the union kool aid just as you guys accuse us. (some prefer kook aid) Why is it impossible for someone to be a free thinking non brainwashed anti union individual? How can someone be against something and be drinking the kool aid or tea?

For the union guys that always miss them. THERE’S A QUESTION IN THIS POST!!!!!!

Last edited:
I’ve asked this a dozen times and as the playbook says it’s never been answered. Why are people that don’t want the union considered brainwashed tea drinking fools? The union guys are drinking the union kool aid just as you guys accuse us. (some prefer kook aid) Why is it impossible for someone to be a free thinking non brainwashed anti union individual? How can someone be against something and be drinking the kool aid or tea?

IMO most guys who work at a union carrier has started non union so they have seen both sides of the and for a man to see that there is problems with the carrier they work and needs change but out of fear or don’t wanna get outside of what their accustomed to. The company has you drinking their kool aid. Now you say union drink the same I beg to differ. We’ve seen the no job protection good ole boy system protections that we have is a better fit.

IMO most guys who work at a union carrier has started non union so they have seen both sides of the and for a man to see that there is problems with the carrier they work and needs change but out of fear or don’t wanna get outside of what their accustomed to. The company has you drinking their kool aid. Now you say union drink the same I beg to differ. We’ve seen the no job protection good ole boy system protections that we have is a better fit.
Thanks for answering. That’s more than most guys here have done. I’ve been on both sides. The union didn’t do squat for me. We’ll have to agree to disagree about kool aid drinking. I know myself and a lot of other guys I work with don’t want the union and it has nothing to do with what the company tells us.

I cannot speak for others, but I have drank no koolaid. I decided Con-way was the best fit for my work style and work ethic. I've worked in a union shop before and one of the many things I didn't like, is that individual employees don't want to work up to their potential for fear of making a slower employee look bad and the consequences that go along with that. I think individuals should strive to always do their best work and for those who do it better than others, the company should recognize their accomplishments in front of their piers. You don't see individual employees in a unions shop being singled out for positive recognition because it is not compatible with the sameness and conformity that must, by design, exist between union employees.

I hear there signing cards in South bend Indiana.
I know they having a vote in a couple weeks in Albany

Last edited:
Anyone work out of Detroit, Indianapolis or Tampa confirm what’s going on at these locations . I have been hearing a lot of talk.

I'll add a question (or two) to your post. Why is the majority of union rhetoric positive on the non U forums, yet negative on their own? Why are we slaves for accepting the terms of our employment but they're FREE for voting on concessions? In '08 my company (yes I'm a troll) reduced pay to keep us working. We've got it all back plus annual raises. And my healthcare premiums and plan has remained the same for as long as I can remember. The value of my 401(k) match increases every year due to earning more every year. Hard to be sold on the Union if you ever visit ABF or YRC forums. Or, in my case, was (mis)represented for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.