XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add a question (or two) to your post. Why is the majority of union rhetoric positive on the non U forums, yet negative on their own? Why are we slaves for accepting the terms of our employment but they're FREE for voting on concessions? In '08 my company (yes I'm a troll) reduced pay to keep us working. We've got it all back plus annual raises. And my healthcare premiums and plan has remained the same for as long as I can remember. The value of my 401(k) match increases every year due to earning more every year. Hard to be sold on the Union if you ever visit ABF or YRC forums. Or, in my case, was (mis)represented for 20 years.

And your company SAIA isn’t XPO. After what 10 years you don’t have to pay any more premiums anyway right? No wonder they haven’t gone up lol.. You did fail to mention that your company had a layoff and let people go with compete disregard to seniority too....just saying. Your speaking to people that have had a lot taken away like a defined pension right? Your own experience with the union doesn’t represent everyone’s across the country either. Sounds like you just have a bone to pick with them. I worked for CSE back in ‘94 and they certainly needed a union as far as I’m concerned. You loved to troll our union section over at FXF during our union campaign too.... Like XPO we have seen our premiums drastically increase along with out of pocket costs while coverage has actually decreased. Meanwhile profit levels have gone through the roof while executives feast the workers watch their benefits continually decline. Whether they need a union or not is their decision, but honestly what do they have to lose? You anti’s always make reference to YRC but you fail to mention UPS or UPSF. Their pay, benefits and retirement are the BEST in the industry. Being union doesn’t hurt them.

And your company SAIA isn’t XPO. After what 10 years you don’t have to pay any more premiums anyway right? No wonder they haven’t gone up lol.. You did fail to mention that your company had a layoff and let people go with compete disregard to seniority too....just saying. Your speaking to people that have had a lot taken away like a defined pension right? Your own experience with the union doesn’t represent everyone’s across the country either. Sounds like you just have a bone to pick with them. I worked for CSE back in ‘94 and they certainly needed a union as far as I’m concerned. You loved to troll our union section over at FXF during our union campaign too.... Like XPO we have seen our premiums drastically increase along with out of pocket costs while coverage has actually decreased. Meanwhile profit levels have gone through the roof while executives feast the workers watch their benefits continually decline. Whether they need a union or not is their decision, but honestly what do they have to lose? You anti’s always make reference to YRC but you fail to mention UPS or UPSF. Their pay, benefits and retirement are the BEST in the industry. Being union doesn’t hurt them.
As far as the UPS's go, if you can afford to be a 10%'er, deal with cartage & take 4 years to get to top pay; I'm happy for you. Hell, I'm happy for anyone who is "content" with where they work Union or not. There are positives and negatives to both work environments. Point was, it's always "Yeah Teamsters" on non boards & "**** the Teamsters" on the U boards.

Most of us are not anti-union... we’re anti teamsters. I have a friend that’s with a company here represented by the CAW. He’s very happy with the work they do, and have a positive relationship with the employer. If you had a union that wasn’t so corrupt trying to organize, the outcome might be different.

Most of us are not anti-union... we’re anti teamsters.

Some of us are not anti-union, we just don't want a union at XPO. I don't talk about unions with my friends at UPS, YRC, or ABF, and I don't go trolling their boards here. That's their business.

I am anti-whiner. The people driving this campaign can't see past their own petty grudges and gripes. They ignore the futility and the isolation of their position to serve their own ends while weakly pretending they care about all of us. But give them a union and they wouldn't be any more content than they are now- the constant drama and campaigning is a drug they can't shake.

The culture of XPO LTL is not just going to flip union because half the drivers at 1, 5, 10 or 20 barns vote yes.

Some of us are not anti-union, we just don't want a union at XPO. I don't talk about unions with my friends at UPS, YRC, or ABF, and I don't go trolling their boards here. That's their business.

I am anti-whiner. The people driving this campaign can't see past their own petty grudges and gripes. They ignore the futility and the isolation of their position to serve their own ends while weakly pretending they care about all of us. But give them a union and they wouldn't be any more content than they are now- the constant drama and campaigning is a drug they can't shake.

The culture of XPO LTL is not just going to flip union because half the drivers at 1, 5, 10 or 20 barns vote yes.
The drug they can’t shake...... it sounds like they’re the ones drinking the kook aid. Of course that doesn’t fit their agenda.

LMAO IM A Supervisor yea ok. I was told a week before Christmas my run will be eliminated cause it’s slow just to have contractors haul it. Road Boss I don’t have anything to hide man. Every thing I’m saying is true. The Union is dead. If it makes you upset then I don’t know what else to tell you. DOG EAT DOG Mentality. We the top paid in the industry. The fastest trucks in the LTL industry. Supposed to be paid a pension or maybe flip into a 401k plan in the near future industry. But do me one HUGE favor for me if it’s not to much to ask. One day sit on the side of a interstate and count how Many XPO,FedEx Freight,OLD Dominion,Saia,AAA Cooper,Southeastern,doubles you see going both ways. Then see how many YELLOW, ABF AND UPSF Doubles you see passing both ways. I’ll wait. But in the mean time I’ll go ahead and drop the Mic. I’m Done. Again y’all STAY BLESSED.
There's no guarantees on road.As long as you are working.If you had a bid ,then grieve it .Until then you work before they do .Period

Bravo:bowdown::bgroovy::clapping:

Most of us are not anti-union... we’re anti teamsters. I have a friend that’s with a company here represented by the CAW. He’s very happy with the work they do, and have a positive relationship with the employer. If you had a union that wasn’t so corrupt trying to organize, the outcome might be different.
There's politics in every facet of life ,where there's money.Especially government.,Labor unions are not immune.Not all of us are crooks.We just want our fair share ,Don't You.!!!

Petty grudges and gripes? How is better medical insurance petty? How is having a say about your work conditions and the basic right to representation petty? It’s rather petty to use a rubber stamp and say they are in it for themselves when more than likely you don’t know anything about them... It they succeed in their endevours they could absolutely benefit as can all of their co-workers. Since the majority at their center clearly thinks there is merit to the formation of their union why do you poor mouth it so? If you don’t have a union at your center why should it really matter? They took a stand against a corporation which is no easy task I can assure you, my hats of to them for having the courage to try for better and standing for what they believe in. It’s rather petty and frankly asinine to marginalize, judge and put down those who aspire for better for themselves and their families and had the bravery to do something about it. That much I do know.

Last edited:
It’s rather petty and frankly asinine to marginalize, judge and put down those who aspire for better for themselves and their families and had the bravery to do something about it. That much I do know.
But when those that don’t want the union speak up, we’re called kook aid drinkers, tea drinkers, brainwashed idiots and other petty asinine and judgemental names. But that’s different.

It they succeed in their endevours they could absolutely benefit as can all of their co-workers.

Succeed?? What is their path to success? Support is a trickle. They've got no leverage to get any of the things they want. How are they going to do it? Enough of the fairy tale pep talk- give me a scenario where XPO does anything but laugh at them.

Since the majority at their center clearly thinks there is merit to the formation of their union why do you poor mouth it so?

If you're so into majorities, you should be on my side. A majority of the centers that have petitioned at XPO have voted no or had the petitions withdrawn for lack of support, by a 2-1 margin. So why are they still trying? Where's the respect for the will of the employees?

They took a stand against a corporation which is no easy task I can assure you, my hats of to them for having the courage...

Yes, so very courageous. Secret cards, secret votes, secret meetings. Constantly being told how brave they are and how strong they are, while protected from retaliation by labor laws.

It’s rather petty and frankly asinine to marginalize, judge and put down those who aspire for better for themselves and their families...

It's not marginalizing when it really is a tiny, inconsequential group. And how far back in this thread do you think I would have to go to find people stooping to personal attacks against those who believe they're getting a fair shake from the company? Would I find the same sanctimony from you there?

There's politics in every facet of life ,where there's money.Especially government.,Labor unions are not immune.Not all of us are crooks.We just want our fair share ,Don't You.!!!
"Fair" is an extremely subjective word. If you and I were to discuss the word, "fair" and what means, we would find little common ground as to it's objective meaning.

Yes, so very courageous. Secret cards, secret votes, secret meetings. Constantly being told how brave they are and how strong they are, while protected from retaliation by labor laws.

It's not marginalizing when it really is a tiny, inconsequential group. And how far back in this thread do you think I would have to go to find people stooping to personal attacks against those who believe they're getting a fair shake from the company? Would I find the same sanctimony from you there?

At their terminal they are obviously not a tiny, inconsequential group as you say, they are indeed the majority. So you believe they should be persecuted for using their federal rights to form a union? THAT says a lot lol... So instead of a secret ballot how about card check then? Would you have a problem with that since you are so against secrecy? Again, if your particular terminal doesn’t have union activity then what does it matter to you? Again, what is petty about better medical insurance and representation? I’m sure people have said disparaging things about both sides in the campaign, I have seen it firsthand, but then again I was addressing YOUR comments to begin with which were quite disparaging and without merit. You don’t sound so serene Gene...

Also people would have quit trying or never would have in the first place had they thought they were getting the proper treatment from the company in the first place. The fact that it continues speaks volumes....

Last edited:
After 10 years, no premiums without a union. I have encountered more than a few that survived the "cuts" and makes me wonder just where the line was. Not to make light of their unfortunate situation. I would prefer to lose my job now than a good portion of my pension at 65+. As a teamster I watched my benefits do the same as yours. They were NEVER specifically spelled out in our contracts. Old hourly boys on the bargaining committee were "increase our hourly and our pension". I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm an "Anti", there just doesn't seem to more pros than cons. Perhaps if you supporters could wrangle more than 50% of members votes, you could make some headway & bring back the glory days. Then, my friend, you might have a product to push. In the meantime, it resembles snake oil. My apologies to you all XPO'ers, I made it clear I've no skin in the game. But I've every right to comment. Be safe, I'm butting out(for now:emoticon digging:

After 10 years, no premiums without a union. I have encountered more than a few that survived the "cuts" and makes me wonder just where the line was. Not to make light of their unfortunate situation. I would prefer to lose my job now than a good portion of my pension at 65+. As a teamster I watched my benefits do the same as yours. They were NEVER specifically spelled out in our contracts. Old hourly boys on the bargaining committee were "increase our hourly and our pension". I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm an "Anti", there just doesn't seem to more pros than cons. Perhaps if you supporters could wrangle more than 50% of members votes, you could make some headway & bring back the glory days. Then, my friend, you might have a product to push. In the meantime, it resembles snake oil. My apologies to you all XPO'ers, I made it clear I've no skin in the game. But I've every right to comment. Be safe, I'm butting out(for now:emoticon digging:

10 years and no premiums and no more premiums is the exception and not the rule at non-union companies. Name another non-union LTL that does that..... well.... So you worked at a Teamster represented LTL that had its medical insurance costs skyrocket to the employees huh? Where was that?

They use YRC as a scapegoat, but the demise of YRC wasn’t due to the union all blame goes towards the executive action of previous CEO.

Agree some officials are corrupt and have been removed. Do some more need to go yes and it’s a process. Your contract won’t be corrupted if you read the details of the language before you vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.