XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ther

UPS ,Not out of central states at all .They just paid there withdraw liability .There employees won't be affected by any cuts .

If there is only enough money to pay the UPS employees 100% of what they are owed, then no one else gets any money.

The best answer is yes they have to abide by the contract, in certain asset only sales that can be avoided, but from what I have read ( and it's not a lot ) it's a very costly complex ordeal.

With the work around being the same as the current situation. You all vote yes for this whatever we demand that you vote yes for, or else we are closing the doors.

If there is only enough money to pay the UPS employees 100% of what they are owed, then no one else gets any money.
Who said when and where that there's only enough for only UPS.The employer paid out at that time there withdraw liability,Like every other could.I does go up as every year goes by.UPS had the money.And I do believe Kroger did also.In CSPF.And as far as everyone else is conserned .Unless you have time in that fund or any other one take your money when you can .There's no guarantees with retirement.Your 401k or social security.

This is the biggest problem with a pension. It' NOT YOUR MONEY!!! It's just a promise. Unlike say a 401k which is your money and you can take it with you.
I'm also pretty sure most of the companies in the CSPF did not promised a pension. The union promised the pension. Last I know someone retired from a union company doesn't get there retirement check from the company do they.
And if your 401
WTF are you talking about?
:duh::guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie:He had one too many:guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie:

Who said when and where that there's only enough for only UPS.The employer paid out at that time there withdraw liability,Like every other could.It does go up as every year goes by.UPS had the money,And I do believe Kroger did also,In CSPF.And as far as everyone else is conserned .Unless you have time in that fund or any other one take your money when you can .There's no guarantees with retirement.Your 401k or social security.

schadenfreude
Being in a campaign in South Boston I can see how “men” were turned and pressured with changing convictions, their job, livelihood, uncertainty. I heard the company’s stance, I believe the company and I say company because that’s all it is. We will have a different name on our truck in the next year or so with the rules and direction that they choose. Shame on the union for calling for a vote that was far from close. We deserve better than what we are being compensated period.

schadenfreude
Being in a campaign in South Boston I can see how “men” were turned and pressured with changing convictions, their job, livelihood, uncertainty. I heard the company’s stance, I believe the company and I say company because that’s all it is. We will have a different name on our truck in the next year or so with the rules and direction that they choose. Shame on the union for calling for a vote that was far from close. We deserve better than what we are being compensated period.
I never have and I never will work for a company that doesn't properly compensate me for my labor. To do so would be to cheapen one's own self. I hate it for you that you have agreed to work for what you believe to be unfair wages. It must suck to be you. There are plenty of truck driving jobs out there. Go find one that will compensate you according to your expectations. Otherwise STFU.

schadenfreude
500 miles a night. 2.5 hrs a night on DOCK.plus drop, hook ,fuel time/ i feel i am blessed to have the opportunity to generate this kind of income for my family.
If i dont run, i can work the dock at my terminals NIGHT TIME FAC. DARK TERMINAL DRIVERS DON'T HAVE THAT OPPORTUNITY. THANKS!!

16KLgkW.jpg

Posted In Miami . When your on the right side. Things have a way of happening. The company withholding pay to terminals who organized and offering pay increases to terminals who are voting is over. The law has spoken. Xpo is a labor law violator as per the courts.
A bunch more coming soon.

Last edited:
I never have and I never will work for a company that doesn't properly compensate me for my labor. To do so would be to cheapen one's own self. I hate it for you that you have agreed to work for what you believe to be unfair wages. It must suck to be you. There are plenty of truck driving jobs out there. Go find one that will compensate you according to your expectations. Otherwise STFU.
I would like to add a company that willfully will violate 49 CFR or any other laws just to make a buck and the expense of my CDL record

The complete finding by the court can be found at the NLRB web site by entering case 12-ca -179859 in the case search. This ruling was handed down on 1/19/2018. I suggest that this ruling be read in its entirety.

The complete finding by the court can be found at the NLRB web site by entering case 12-ca -179859 in the case search. This ruling was handed down on 1/19/2018. I suggest that this ruling be read in its entirety.

Tried to access and read but the NLRB site is showing inactive due to the government shut down. Any other site that you suggest where it can be read in it's entirety? Thanks

Tried to access and read but the NLRB site is showing inactive due to the government shut down. Any other site that you suggest where it can be read in it's entirety? Thanks
I will try to post the decision in it’s entirety . What I posted here all ready is the notice that Xpo must post at the Miami terminal for 60 days . The decision is 13 pages long.

Posted In Miami .

Was that posted in Miami? Do you have a picture of it with a signature? The company can probably appeal that ruling, so it may not be.

The company withholding pay to terminals who organized and offering pay increases to terminals who are voting is over.

That is a misrepresentation of the case. The complaint is that Miami should have gotten raises while they were negotiating. Are you sure you read it?

I suggest that this ruling be read in its entirety.

I read it. The union is arguing that since we got raises almost every year since the recession that counts as a "scheduled raise" and should not have stopped in status quo. I don't know how you could argue that, since if you go back on these boards there was a lot of "if we get a raise", not "when we get our annual raise".

The ruling also acknowledged that it was not retaliatory- that the company had a reasonable belief that they were not obligated to give those raises. The opinion of the judge flat out stated that it simply made it hard for the union to keep XPO employees motivated after so long, to which I would say that's your problem. It also said that XPO offered to negotiate pay, but the union refused.

Not nearly as straightforward as Sucker666 makes it sound. That judge is trying to give the union a late Christmas present. Not that it changes the strength of Miami's bargaining position at all.

Was that posted in Miami? Do you have a picture of it with a signature? The company can probably appeal that ruling, so it may not be.

That is a misrepresentation of the case. The complaint is that Miami should have gotten raises while they were negotiating. Are you sure you read it?
The finding is that they were withheld their pay raises while negotiating. The company is ordered to reinstate and reimburse them for the withheld raises.
The company used the threat of withheld raises to influence organizing attempts openly in other locations. Now it’s coming back to haunt them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.