XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a national movement,Were have you been,Maybe not in Canada where over 1/3 of all Canadians are union.and take out the white collar workers and it's even higher.Well as far as organizing that takes time and money. we start small and work from there.Didn't at one ever tell don't put all your eggs in one basket..The movement grows a little at a time .All's we have is time and patience.Do You.
Probably the most unknown national movement, but whatever. You have 51 different sets of state and federal laws, so no we’re no where even close to the same. Will you admit that the terminals that voted and declined to unionize had that right and made the right decision for them?

So we can agree that 1/3 of all Canadian workers are represented by collective bargaining agreements.But the US is not ,Why are Canadians smarter or misled.Are Americans the same.Ask yourself that question.Why cops firemen university profressors teachers municipal workers ,state and provincial workers, electricians steel workers are all union.Why is it because there just stupid.Or is it about money and rights,seniority job opportunities...We just ask all workers at XPO ,Look at the big picture and your future.Your company Conway sold you out to a holding company XPO ,He'll sell you just like he did United Rentals,Who are coincidently operating engineers.Big business makes money off the sweat of your brow and your back.
You make a fair argument. You must remember the teamster did this all to themselves. The teamster had no interest in any of these non-union companies back in the day. They said they were no threat until union company after union company closed it doors. I remember I was told by a Teamster that CF was to big to fail. I sure that was one hell of a surprise on that Tuesday morning after labor day when they showed up to locked gates. I know because my non-union company was buried in freight for about a month. Day after day with the news of failing pension funds, retiree's have there retirement pay cut, and corruption within the ranks have stain any reputation the Teamster's had. There are lot of former union driver that got the shaft from the union working at ltl carries like this one, and want nothing to do with the teamster.

You make a fair argument. You must remember the teamster did this all to themselves. The teamster had no interest in any of these non-union companies back in the day. They said they were no threat until union company after union company closed it doors. I remember I was told by a Teamster that CF was to big to fail. I sure that was one hell of a surprise on that Tuesday morning after labor day when they showed up to locked gates. I know because my non-union company was buried in freight for about a month. Day after day with the news of failing pension funds, retiree's have there retirement pay cut, and corruption within the ranks have stain any reputation the Teamster's had. There are lot of former union driver that got the shaft from the union working at ltl carries like this one, and want nothing to do with the teamster.
CF did not fail, it was dismantled.

CF did not fail, it was dismantled.
Normal operation on Friday including picking up freight, then a 3 day holiday weekend, then locked gates on Tuesday. How was it dismantling? I sure there were a lot of customers that wish they would have dismantled because there freight was locked up in there system for weeks if not months.
I just quoted what a Teamster told me back in the days and I never forgot it

In 1976 there were 2 million Teamsters members. The population has increased and there’s only 1.2 million members at last count.
Do you want your kid driving a truck or lounging so
Probably the most unknown national movement, but whatever. You have 51 different sets of state and federal laws, so no we’re no where even close to the same. Will you admit that the terminals that voted and declined to unionize had that right and made the right decision for them?
It's a trade family secret,we don't share our business with you and visa versa.

Normal operation on Friday including picking up freight, then a 3 day holiday weekend, then locked gates on Tuesday. How was it dismantling? I sure there were a lot of customers that wish they would have dismantled because there freight was locked up in there system for weeks if not months.
It happened.These companies only care about profits not people or customers.If they did care about you. You have the pension that they took away from you guys and you would be making more money than ups freight.

What guys got the shaft like whom and where.Find me a former CF guy that claims,We did nothing for him and his family after the closure .He can Pm me I want his local unions number ,He can remain anonymous.

CCX took the good freight and left the garbage, CF paid CCX fuel bills for over a year, all billing was integrated.

What guys got the shaft like whom and where.Find me a former CF guy that claims,We did nothing for him and his family after the closure .He can Pm me I want his local unions number ,He can remain anonymous.
No were did I say guys got screwed by the union as you claim.

It happened.These companies only care about profits not people or customers.If they did care about you. You have the pension that they took away from you guys and you would be making more money than ups freight.
In your theory then why isn't YRC and ABF making more then UPS?
Also never had a pension that was taken from me in the first place.

Right here you said,I quote :you A lot of former union drivers got the shaft ,You said this Whom and where.and when ,what local.

Status
Not open for further replies.