XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But like OD, R&L doesn't get time and a half after 8 or fourty.
Doesn't that have a bearing on drawing a proper comparison?

Doesn't OD make more than us on the hour and by the mile ? One of our guys left to go there and started out making more than he makes here. And since he is a line haul driver he never got OT after anything anyway. So when you talk about R&L not getting OT, don't you think you should consider many drivers here don't get OT ?

Maybe they should set the bar with us and bump us to around $33.00.:lmao:

That's just it. They are clearly waiting for everyone else to do something. Can't tell if they are actually in the merger and acquisition market or if they are in the taking bids and about to sell this company market. But they are very obviously waiting on something.

Getting pretty funny around here. Every time we get notice of a townhall meeting, drivers start guessing what they will be taking away from us now. It is increasing the whole union debate out here. I blame the union barns for letting their union and company bend them over with no reach around.

It is not looking good for them XAU boys either. Rumors of XLA getting an extra hundred doors, means there will be no more use of the Aurora FAC. I don't see the company letting them transfer with seniority, because they don't want to let the union germs spread. Looks like all of Chicago will be running Lasalle. The good times are just around the corner.

Last edited:
The point remains : compared to a lot of competitors XPO Logistics is behind in general compensation. Also , upper management has been boasting about outstanding yearly results.

My reason for showing the math for the given hourly pay was to make it an apples to apples comparison.

Down the road , a lot of people will have to make a decision to stay or go - what will they base it on? Union or non-union? Healthcare? Benefits? Pay? Hours worked? Work environment?

For those making the choice , leaving is not the end , it's the beginning. Maybe of something better.

The point remains : compared to a lot of competitors XPO Logistics is behind in general compensation. Also , upper management has been boasting about outstanding yearly results.

My reason for showing the math for the given hourly pay was to make it an apples to apples comparison.

Down the road , a lot of people will have to make a decision to stay or go - what will they base it on? Union or non-union? Healthcare? Benefits? Pay? Hours worked? Work environment?

For those making the choice , leaving is not the end , it's the beginning. Maybe of something better.
That remark wasn't meant for you and has since been deleted. I can see the writing on the wall as clear as anyone else.

Getting pretty funny around here. Every time we get notice of a townhall meeting, drivers start guessing what they will be taking away from us now. It is increasing the whole union debate out here. I blame the union barns for letting their union and company bend them over with no reach around.

It is not looking good for them XAU boys either. Rumors of XLA getting an extra hundred doors, means there will be no more use of the Aurora FAC. I don't see the company letting them transfer with seniority, because they don't want to let the union germs spread. Looks like all of Chicago will be running Lasalle. The good times are just around the corner.

XAU wanted to get XGO's attention. They got it. Congrats to them.

So many options here in Cowtown. People are pulling parts for Honda suppliers. $80K a year. All drop and hook. Going to other LTLs and working way fewer hours and getting paid the same or more at the end of the week. Social media has made it incredibly easy to remain in touch with guys and trade information. And we ain't just losing new guys. Senior drivers. Guys with nearly 20 years. And there are a bunch with their apps out right now. It's spring. Freight is up. Everyone is hiring. EVERYONE. All day long my customers are asking me if I want a job or know anyone who does. They got signs posted on the doors we walk in and out of. Signing bonuses and pay rates. Some companies are begging for drivers. Just happens to be XPO isn't. Jacobs has his cart hitched to automated trucks or something. Clearly he has no need for us. We aren't good business. To expensive. Drivers aren't good for the bottom line. And we all know..... RESULTS MATTER

I don't want to hijack this thread as I don't work for XPO have family and friends that do, any ways used to be one of the first things that happened in contract talks was to take a authoriziation for a strike vote, now this has been awhile ago does it mean they will or won't thats the unknown, i have been locked out / and on strike/ and even hate to say it worked thru 1 strike as our company was not picketed. Going on strike doesn't help anybody company or membership but some times it's the nature of the beast. I feel ABF is a long way from an impasse on the talks yet, will it be done before it expires probably not. Any ways everybody stay safe warmer weather is coming some day
The first thing is a strike vote? That's new. I went through a few contract negotiation in my career and we never did a strike vote first.

50hrs at $31.30 is $1565

50hrs at $26.61 ( with O/T after 40 ) is $1463.60
TM tried that one a few years ago when someone said that another carrier next door was making more per hour. The TM use the 52hr example and said we would make more with the OT after 8 on a 52hr week. I asked show me the guarantee that I will get a min of 52hr per week he had no answer

I saying a strike vote before you even see a offer from the company. That what I'm talking about
Most people involved with negotiations have been doing it for awhile. My guess is , since a strike vote is a matter of fact step in the process , the union leadership does it to get it out of the way.

The union will still see what the other side has to offer in most cases , and if they need to use the threat of a strike the option is there ( barring a yes on the strike vote )

The first thing is a strike vote? That's new. I went through a few contract negotiation in my career and we never did a strike vote first.

No, the first thing is not a strike vote. It's a vote to authorize strike as an option. They still have to negotiate. Vote on the contract. And then renegotiate. Over and over. Until there is an impasse. And then they bring in an arbitrator. And then more renegotiating. And then a vote on the contract. Over and over. And then there we be a vote on an actual strike.

TM tried that one a few years ago when someone said that another carrier next door was making more per hour. The TM use the 52hr example and said we would make more with the OT after 8 on a 52hr week. I asked show me the guarantee that I will get a min of 52hr per week he had no answer

Exactly, every here is saying that they will give us a token raise and then double the dock hands to eliminate OT and take away more benefits and the drivers will be making much less than before.

Exactly, every here is saying that they will give us a token raise and then double the dock hands to eliminate OT and take away more benefits and the drivers will be making much less than before.
The likelihood of getting a decent raise is very good. It’s what will give to negate it or soften the cost for the company that’s in question. Less overtime, cuts in benefits ect. They generally will not be initiated at the same time for appearance. True unteathered raises are or have been a thing of the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.