XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what? That decision still gets appealed to the board. Then it can go to an appeals court. Then it can go to the supreme court. The whole process is spelled out on the NLRB website, but what do I know, right?

That's a lot of perfectly legal steps and time remaining for something that wouldn't get them any closer to real leverage at the table.
So one way to look at this is to say that the current crop of union guys may be screwed for some time to come and it will be the drivers in the future, who might benefit from whatever contract finally comes out of all the back and forth. Very thoughtful of those Miami drivers to be looking out for their future replacements.

So what? That decision still gets appealed to the board. Then it can go to an appeals court. Then it can go to the supreme court. The whole process is spelled out on the NLRB website, but what do I know, right?

That's a lot of perfectly legal steps and time remaining for something that wouldn't get them any closer to real leverage at the table.
Leverage will be if they have patience due to so many appeal process on pay and the right to organize. The company feeds on guys of your nature telling them who want better at their current terminal that you won’t get anywhere time is on the company side you have no leverage give up before the find reasons to terminate you.

A little strength in unity to disrupt the company operations makes them change their views real quick. Congrats I still think they will fight more on contract but it’s a start to a long battle.
We can only go on what they have committed to do in the agreement as part of the settlement. If they choose to not move forward then they will be in violation of the settlement. I congratulate both sides for their progress in resolving the matter.

A settlement has been reach with the workers in Miami, there has not been any appeal and there will not be concerning this matter.
Congratulations to the workers in Miami for standing together.

Good for them. All this time and something. It's probably not at all what they wanted. But hey, they got somewhere past where they were.

We can only go on what they have committed to do in the agreement as part of the settlement. If they choose to not move forward then they will be in violation of the settlement. I congratulate both sides for their progress in resolving the matter.
Any specifics? This could mean walkouts at other locations.

The company fear of disruption in operations makes them change outlook of their fight. They can only run so much freight around them well you can’t in Miami, other terminals meaning. Customer still need services in that service area and surely they wouldn’t try and bring a whole temporary crew to do it. Investors get worried and will sell off shares. Some will still work but you just need enough to send the message.

The company fear of disruption in operations makes them change outlook of their fight. They can only run so much freight around them well you can’t in Miami, other terminals meaning. Customer still need services in that service area and surely they wouldn’t try and bring a whole temporary crew to do it. Investors get worried and will sell off shares. Some will still work but you just need enough to send the message.

It was fewer than 20 drivers of 90 and no disruption of anything. A whole bunch of notice. Attention. No real gains were made either. This only thing this got them is what they should have had already. They are obtaining things they should have gotten three years ago.

You should join them

Right, and why ? No need to answer. I have read your posts. Your an idiot.

Maybe you and your union friends should stop dragging the industry down with your pathetic wages ? Maybe you should stop voting the company and it CEOs millions of dollars worth of raises every time the tell you to take a pay cut ? Maybe you should stop talking about what good a union is and start doing what you say a union can do for you ?

Don't bullshit me. I left my union job to be here. I'm not buying your rhetoric. You have zero intelligent anything to add to this conversation. All you know how to do is bluster and belittle. Your the garbage that has destroyed the unions. Scared and hopeless. Just going along with whatever the company tells you to do. And then feeling so superior for your complete lack of effort.

They will be brought to the current top rate Starting April 29. Back pay will soon follow. Both sides will continue to negotiate with a commitment to a contract. I do not know of any other walkouts at this time.

It's gonna be a long road to a contract at this pace. Almost surely to be sold before one is agreed to. Which will likely add even more time. I don't know that this will ever amount to anything. But it's never a bad thing to see people doing something about something. Good for them.

It was fewer than 20 drivers of 90 and no disruption of anything. A whole bunch of notice. Attention. No real gains were made either. This only thing this got them is what they should have had already. They are obtaining things they should have gotten three years ago.
I have to disagree with you on this . A freight embago was quickly put in place by the company and service would have been disrupted . Customers were flipping out just over the start of a disruption . Getting what they already should of had is a big deal . Getting a commitment from the company for a contract is a big deal . Trying to downplay their success because you are fundamentally opposed to unions is your prerogative . They still have the medical benefits and premiums from 2 yrs. ago , they still have 5 bereivement days, and they are not subject to the same drivecam rules as you . I think they a little out ahead of you.

Right, and why ? No need to answer. I have read your posts. Your an idiot.

Maybe you and your union friends should stop dragging the industry down with your pathetic wages ? Maybe you should stop voting the company and it CEOs millions of dollars worth of raises every time the tell you to take a pay cut ? Maybe you should stop talking about what good a union is and start doing what you say a union can do for you ?

Don't :horseshit: me. I left my union job to be here. I'm not buying your rhetoric. You have zero intelligent anything to add to this conversation. All you know how to do is bluster and belittle. Your the garbage that has destroyed the unions. Scared and hopeless. Just going along with whatever the company tells you to do. And then feeling so superior for your complete lack of effort.
What would my garbage be experience in a freight contract. If someone post inaccurate and I reply with facts if that is belittling so be. Driver lounge information is mainly what is posted by guys who never been in a freight contract. You say stop the saying what a union can do a start showing. I have done just that as a business agent for my current local and still do as a steward for road drivers. You call my wages pathetic but $87,000 last year as a road driver working 5 days a week with sometimes a 6th day. Let’s not factor in my healthcare cost on an hourly wage and the little of pension contributions I do get. So be it then it will be pathetic. You post/complain on how the company continues to take more from yet you challenge the ones who maybe can help. The rest of your comments can be answered in a PM if you so choose.

A settlement has been reach with the workers in Miami, there has not been any appeal and there will not be concerning this matter.

I look forward to reading about it from a trusted source.

Getting what they already should of had is a big deal

If the settlement is true, they don't deserve that money. They knew wages and benefits would be frozen, now the NLRB is changing the interpretation of the rules during the game. Legal, sure, and good for them on getting over, but it's not right and they're not heroes.

Getting a commitment from the company for a contract is a big deal.

Unless that commitment comes with a date, then it's meaningless. Come on, what else would they say?

...they are not subject to the same drivecam rules as you .

Yes, because being penalized in a meaningful way for holding a phone while driving or falling asleep behind the wheel is exactly the type of oppression that justifies union membership.

Well, Gene have at it . Please let know when you confirm it. It would be foolish me to post something that was not true.
But I’m sure you know all the details.
Attack the integrity of the poster seems to be your go to tactic when things go good for the worker .
You can spin it anyway you want but I have faith the truth will stand.
A signed agreement that would not be followed after it was put in front of the Nlrb as a settlement would in leu of labor charges
Would make any such agreement void.

Time will tell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.