XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for them. All this time and something. It's probably not at all what they wanted. But hey, they got somewhere past where they were.
I agree.....I think they should get everything we do, including same cost healthcare until they get a contract. May not be the legal way, but just how I see it.

I got another letter from the Voices For Pension Security telling me to beg the government to bail out the pension the Teamsters stole. It will stop making payments by 2025 if it isn’t bailed out. Tell me again why I should trust these thieves?

I got another letter from the Voices For Pension Security telling me to beg the government to bail out the pension the Teamsters stole. It will stop making payments by 2025 if it isn’t bailed out. Tell me again why I should trust these thieves?
Can you please explain to me which pension fund you are referring to specifically and how the money was stolen in detail ?

Can you please explain to me which pension fund you are referring to specifically and how the money was stolen in detail ?
Haven’t we covered this? I’m talking about the Central States Pension. Corruption and theft of the pension was so bad, the government had to seize control of the fund. Surely you’re aware of this. If this is new to you, you can read about it here.
http://nlpc.org/2015/10/19/teamsters-multiemployer-pension-fund-pbgc-jeopardy/

The Teamsters have one job. To look out for the members best interest. They failed. They failed because they were greedy and selfish.

Haven’t we covered this? I’m talking about the Central States Pension. Corruption and theft of the pension was so bad, the government had to seize control of the fund. Surely you’re aware of this. If this is new to you, you can read about it here.
http://nlpc.org/2015/10/19/teamsters-multiemployer-pension-fund-pbgc-jeopardy/

The Teamsters have one job. To look out for the members best interest. They failed. They failed because they were greedy and selfish.
The Central States Pension was fine until after the government took over.

The Central States Pension was fine until after the government took over.
Saying that makes the Teamsters sound like angels. The sad reality is the only reason the government was in control is because the Teamsters stole millions from the fund. Had they done their job of looking out for the members, this wouldn’t have happened.

Saying that makes the Teamsters sound like angels. The sad reality is the only reason the government was in control is because the Teamsters stole millions from the fund. Had they done their job of looking out for the members, this wouldn’t have happened.
No one said the Teamsters were angels or that they didn't make loans to the mob illegally . What I said was that the CSPF was fully funded when the government took over and it was the government that mismanaged the fund and that's one of the reasons the fund is failing now.

Can you post the letter ? I would like to read it.

The pay increase we're getting effective next Monday, is a little north of 4 percent, more than double that mentioned in the article posted above.

Because as such, you can do stuff that would get you fired at a non-union shop. And if you do get fired, the union gets you your job back. Right Troubleman84, let's just cut right to the chase.
That is not true. We have had drivers fired and one just last week . There many infractions that are cut and dry. Your perpetuating another fallacy. It does neither the union nor the company good to protect a driver who is a problem

No one said the Teamsters were angels or that they didn't make loans to the mob illegally . What I said was that the CSPF was fully funded when the government took over and it was the government that mismanaged the fund and that's one of the reasons the fund is failing now.
Had the Teamsters not stolen from the fund, the government never would have had the chance to mismanage it. The Teamsters have one job. They failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.