XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the Teamsters not stolen from the fund, the government never would have had the chance to mismanage it. The Teamsters have one job. They failed.
Let's go back to what I originally said, the CSPF was doing fine until the government took over. What is the Teamsters one job?

Let's go back to what I originally said, the CSPF was doing fine until the government took over. What is the Teamsters one job?
Let’s go back to what I said. The government never would have been in control of the Teamsters didn’t steal from the fund.
The Teamsters one job is to look out for the members best interest.

Let’s go back to what I said. The government never would have been in control of the Teamsters didn’t steal from the fund.
The Teamsters one job is to look out for the members best interest.
The Teamster members were doing great before the government took over.

Wow, almost 600,000 views on this topic. That's 5 x's the next most popular topic. Interesting, wether people are for unions or against themselves it certainly is a topic people are interested viewing . I have to wonder how many people still view here without ever posting anything .

Last edited:
The Teamster members were doing great before the government took over.
You sound like those people screaming “not my president”. I understand it doesn’t fit your agenda, but the facts are the facts. If the Teamsters wouldn’t have stole the funds, the government never would have had the chance to ruin it. I expect the Teamsters to do the right thing for its members. I don’t expect the government to do the right thing.

Why aren’t people more pissed off about this? It barely affects me and I’m pissed.

You sound like those people screaming “not my president”. I understand it doesn’t fit your agenda, but the facts are the facts. If the Teamsters wouldn’t have stole the funds, the government never would have had the chance to ruin it. I expect the Teamsters to do the right thing for its members. I don’t expect the government to do the right thing.

Why aren’t people more pissed off about this? It barely affects me and I’m pissed.
Very good question, but don't hold your breath waiting for an answer, at least not from most of the people talking in here.

Very good question, but don't hold your breath waiting for an answer, at least not from most of the people talking in here.
They union never stole from the fund they just loaned the money to the mob with a return of money with interest. Now I will say it wasn’t a good idea to have dealings with organized crime, but it’s done and over now. With that being said you guys wouldn’t be in a multi employer pension fund, hell it be great if you got started back on what Con-Way froze. What your getting now is a slow decline in wages that you have no say in at all. You got a big raise couple years back due to the threat of organization. Now that it has dwindled down same ways has returned if not worse. So why not try thru bargaining with the company what more can you lose?

Overall compensation package not just the dollar amount. Pay rate, healthcare cost, personal days, and vacations. Didn’t the raise go to just workers at top rate?
$27.69hr/65.7¢ml, $43 a week insurance for me and 3 kids, up to 7 weeks vacation for me 5 if you were hired after 2016, 4% match to 401k. Yes raise was only for top pay but with a 93% retention rate the majority of our drivers are at top pay.

Your insurance is better can't argue that. Your pension is better if they remain solvent.
I understand if organized we would not have to join one of the failing funds or any of them for that matter.

Those are the facts. I also have the freedom to bid city next year without losing my seniority. I can hook my own sets and work the dock without someone filing a grievance. We do not have massive layoffs every January because the company can be flexible with how they use us.

$27.69hr/65.7¢ml, $43 a week insurance for me and 3 kids, up to 7 weeks vacation for me 5 if you were hired after 2016, 4% match to 401k. Yes raise was only for top pay but with a 93% retention rate the majority of our drivers are at top pay.

Your insurance is better can't argue that. Your pension is better if they remain solvent.
I understand if organized we would not have to join one of the failing funds or any of them for that matter.

Those are the facts. I also have the freedom to bid city next year without losing my seniority. I can hook my own sets and work the dock without someone filing a grievance. We do not have massive layoffs every January because the company can be flexible with how they use us.
We have some areas/terminals that do crossover bid without lost of seniority. It all depends on the majority. Layoffs don’t come down like use too. If so layed off Road drivers have option to work city till recall. I understand the need for flexibility, but how do you stop them from overreaching or using you more do to your younger and faster than senior men. That’s where your work protection kicks in.

What's your overall package with and without the MOU, vacation and dues
Lost of week vacation 5 instead of 6 weeks. Lost of .10cpm healthcare same pay for all time spent once I arrive at terminal layover provisions same birthday and anniversary pay with 4hr premium still same. Not a bad sacrifice for at the time major merger then followed by recession. It will be changing come 2019 with the money their making now.

Lost of week vacation 5 instead of 6 weeks. Lost of .10cpm healthcare same pay for all time spent once I arrive at terminal layover provisions same birthday and anniversary pay with 4hr premium still same. Not a bad sacrifice for at the time major merger then followed by recession. It will be changing come 2019 with the money their making now.
How is vacation pay determined? Is it an average of 52 weeks ( so if you are on linehaul and make more per week than straight hourly driver you don't loose money ) Or is it a 40 hour check?

How is vacation pay determined? Is it an average of 52 weeks ( so if you are on linehaul and make more per week than straight hourly driver you don't loose money ) Or is it a 40 hour check?
Yes average of 52 weeks road gets 6 days as a week city is 5 days. Only time we lose is personal days at 8hrs

So by reading the abf board, your vote doesn’t mean a flying ****. The union leadership can use some clause and over ride a no vote, and ratify an agreement against the wishes of the majority. Is that accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.