XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I mean when I say there is no risk. When you certify, contract talks begin. Until you ratify a contract, you can decertify at any time. After ratification, you're in for the term of the contract. You can decertify when the contract expires. It seems that when you consider the possible advantages of a union contract, it makes perfect sense to give it a shot. You never know what can happen when you try something new.
No risk in that you can dump the union if it doesn't work, yes. But a high risk to the loudest supporters of the now, defunct union. Meaning the company can actually fire at the target they painted on their foreheads during and leading up to certification and contract.

Yes I think it was worth it from where we are now to 08-09 is night and day financially wise. Read earnings call lost money due to double down in equipment purchases rental equipment and PT. Debt refinanced at lower rate maturity dates pushed back and cut in half was due in 2019. Yes I do think it was worth it. Yet even with cuts you like to try pounce on I’m still at same level as majority of yours and other non union carriers except the everyday day hard chargers. So something ain’t right about picture, man makes -15% run average miles (500) and still on par with a high mileage rate driver think about it.

They can afford to OT after 8 rate across nation hell Fedex pays it now and there just above you guys in top 25. Holland been paying OT after 8 for decades down south plus central regions and O/R stayed in high 80s prior to yellow purchase us. The contract gives them flexibility as a regional short haul carrier and they exploit it to the T. Uhhh who you think was carrying the weight thru the dark times?

We also have some barns that has one board and you can flip every 6 months.

If the company charges same rates in same lanes to same customers giving discounts where needed and they collect all profits why can’t it be the same rate across board for workers. Guarantee you guys don’t haul cheap freight out of huge markets of Atlanta and Dallas.
But what’s posted over and over, is how Xpo is making :shit:piles of money, and not passing some of that on to the drivers. But isn’t it the same as Yrc? You guys gave back 15% to help the company in a tough time, yet now the company is doing great, and you still have not received the same and more back? As for digging in your heels at contract time, looking at the abf vote, not much diggin in was done at all. And now they are stuck with that contract. True?

No risk in that you can dump the union if it doesn't work, yes. But a high risk to the loudest supporters of the now, defunct union. Meaning the company can actually fire at the target they painted on their foreheads during and leading up to certification and contract.
No need to be a loud supporter. Those who were loud and fired ILLEGALLY, will be reinstated with back pay. The Teamsters have taken care of all those guys.

But what’s posted over and over, is how Xpo is making :shit:piles of money, and not passing some of that on to the drivers. But isn’t it the same as Yrc? You guys gave back 15% to help the company in a tough time, yet now the company is doing great, and you still have not received the same and more back? As for digging in your heels at contract time, looking at the abf vote, not much diggin in was done at all. And now they are stuck with that contract. True?
The company is just now doing great investments back in tractors and trailers is where the money is going. Contract is up next year so that’s where we begin it doesn’t work where as soon as profits go thru the roof you go back to table. The agreement is for 5 years. Will ABF make more than they were before prior to negotiations? Yes, the members voted for that not leadership it wasn’t forced. The majority chose that. You say there stuck with it when actually it’s a guarantee unlike non union peers where it’s up to management only.

The company is just now doing great investments back in tractors and trailers is where the money is going. Contract is up next year so that’s where we begin it doesn’t work where as soon as profits go thru the roof you go back to table. The agreement is for 5 years. Will ABF make more than they were before prior to negotiations? Yes, the members voted for that not leadership it wasn’t forced. The majority chose that. You say there stuck with it when actually it’s a guarantee unlike non union peers where it’s up to management only.
Will you stand behind your statement if Yrc offers less than your 15% plus a decent increase on top next year, and the majority of employees vote for it? And a guarantee to make less money doesn’t sound like a great thing.

Will you stand behind your statement if Yrc offers less than your 15% plus a decent increase on top next year, and the majority of employees vote for it? And a guarantee to make less money doesn’t sound like a great thing.
We didn't get all of our reductions back at one time, I wouldn't expect them to get theirs back overnight either. Hell, we still have not seem our 401k match back and more than likely won't.

But the working woman and man at ABF had their hands tied by upper management in the union as to what they could vote for.

I’m a union member I have to accept what the majority votes in I won’t break off on my own due to it not going my way. In thru good and bad. I still will be at a better off IMO due to overall compensation and job privileges.

Last edited:
But the working woman and man at ABF had their hands tied by upper management in the union as to what they could vote for.
That’s your opinion and many others as well. The members at end of day had the choice. They chose not to roll the dice. They leadership can say it’s the best deal in their opinion, but it was put to a vote.

Are you agreeing that we are better off with representation?

There seems to a word missing- starts with n and rhymes with hot. Guess I misread your question the first time.

They may not have started a business with my quality of life in mind, however, if I do the work, I expect to be compensated to the extent that I can have a good life outside of work and when my work is done. What kind of life is it when your compensation package allows you to pay your bills and nothing more.

If all you can afford is your bills on what we make, then you've overextended yourself and that is your problem. It's not the company's responsibility to support the lifestyle you choose.

I have stated before that the company gets to run their business. We expect to have input on how they do it.

And as I have stated before, I don't trust the input of anyone that sees the Teamsters as an ally.

The union offers proposals over and above what the company has in place in the present time. The company offers counter proposals in an attempt to keep their policies and procedures in place. The negotiations continue until the articles are agreed upon by both parties.

In that scenario, the union gives up nothing. You never answered me- why does the company have to agree to those terms? Is there a law that says the current policies and packages are a floor that cannot be lowered?

It seems that when you consider the possible advantages of a union contract, it makes perfect sense to give it a shot. You never know what can happen when you try something new.

Except it's not new- it's been around for a long, long time. There's plenty of experience out there- we don't have to experiment with it.

Final thought...HOW MANY OF THE 1.4 MILLION TEAMSTERS HAVE CHOSEN TO DECERTIFY IN THE PAST 50 YEARS... I am assuming that since I couldn't find it on google, that the vast majority of Teamsters are happy with their situation.

Happy, or complacent? How many of those members voted in the last election? How many visit the hall? Participate in meetings? Or do they all just carry the card because it's part of the job? Don't confuse membership with participation or support.

Except it's not new- it's been around for a long, long time. There's plenty of experience out there- we don't have to experiment with it.

Happy, or complacent? How many of those members voted in the last election? How many visit the hall? Participate in meetings? Or do they all just carry the card because it's part of the job? Don't confuse membership with participation or support.
I guess you couldn't find any who have decertified either. Happy or complacent beats miserable any day.

In that scenario, the union gives up nothing. You never answered me- why does the company have to agree to those terms? Is there a law that says the current policies and packages are a floor that cannot be lowered?
No law, however, if a company reports huge profits as XPO does, and they refuse to bargain, it sets them up for another ULP board charge. If a company is losing money, then your point is valid.

There seems to a word missing- starts with n and rhymes with hot. Guess I misread your question the first time.

If all you can afford is your bills on what we make, then you've overextended yourself and that is your problem. It's not the company's responsibility to support the lifestyle you choose.

And as I have stated before, I don't trust the input of anyone that sees the Teamsters as an ally.
Your opinion of the Teamsters is your opinion and not necessarily fact. I have a different opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.