XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you will try to bargain wages up. Maybe in 3 to 4 years when you get around to that part of the negotiations. I still don’t quite understand how you think you’ll get more than your non-union counterparts. If the company were to agree to anything other than an equal compensation package then you union guys would get your wish because the flood gates would open. Good luck. the nlrb can’t make them pay you more than the rest of us, if they could it would not be a negotiation
Compensation packages are not equal now. I believe there are 5 wage zones. I agree the wages may only be nominally higher, but I still say they will never be lower than current wages. Your point about give and take is accurate, but without representation it becomes all give and no take for us. It's happening right now as we debate these issues.

No twist at all. It's the same line of logic you are using on northern drivers making more than southern drivers. Don't you even recognize your own ignorance ? I am trying to walk you through this as slowly as possible.
You stated that northern makes more. On more than one occasion you how sucker and you get overtime after 8. Down south they I knew OT wasn’t down south but you enlighten me on northern pay difference. Thank you for information. Let’s not get into the different regions pay.

He's turning this into the LTL version of Swift. At some point you need to see that other LTLs ain't run like this. And eventually. That might be worth looking into. You didn't come work here. You took less to work over there. And after the last few years, it's not even that good here any more. How you can you rightly encourage people to stay at a job you wouldn't take yourself ?
You think I took less but my pay stubs for the amount of work along with amount of etc etc etc I’m sure I’m getting a better deal.

I believe you will try to bargain wages up. Maybe in 3 to 4 years when you get around to that part of the negotiations. I still don’t quite understand how you think you’ll get more than your non-union counterparts. If the company were to agree to anything other than an equal compensation package then you union guys would get your wish because the flood gates would open. Good luck. the nlrb can’t make them pay you more than the rest of us, if they could it would not be a negotiation
UMMM...Miami is at that point now.

It was my first thought that we would not get a GREAT contract, because of those floodgates you speak of. It's our first contract and I am completely realistic about the final product. I assure you that we will have more than we have right now.
Although I've seen it posted in the past ( the question that is ) how does it work with you going to non-union terminals? You are subject to all rules and company policies when you are there , right? Or , are you only subject to the contractual language when you are at a foreign terminal?

And if you chose to leave and go to another Teamster company , how does your time get calculated? From ratification of an agreement or from the beginning of the successful "yes" vote?

What about those that are not apart of the effort to unionize? Do they receive the benefits of unionization without ever having to stick their neck out?

Although I've seen it posted in the past ( the question that is ) how does it work with you going to non-union terminals? You are subject to all rules and company policies when you are there , right? Or , are you only subject to the contractual language when you are at a foreign terminal?

And if you chose to leave and go to another Teamster company , how does your time get calculated? From ratification of an agreement or from the beginning of the successful "yes" vote?

What about those that are not apart of the effort to unionize? Do they receive the benefits of unionization without ever having to stick their neck out?

I will take a stab at this.

The is no completed contract at this point so company's rules apply and still apply after a contract unless it is a stipulated work rule spelled out in a contract. The only difference right now would be disapline such as the new program the company is rolling out on damages and accountability this does not apply to unionzed locations because it a change of status quo on policy.

If your referring to time calculated as to how it apply to a pension there is none carried. You can only earn pension time if their is one in place. There is no blanket pension for all Teamster. Also we are paying no dues until a contract is put in place so there no credit there.

Yes , the people who are against the union will receive all the benifits from our efforts. Example ; The drivers who did not support the union at our location still received back pay and full reinstatement of there wages from our settlement with company through the labor board . The union does not and can not be selective as to who benefits from gains.

I will take a stab at this.

The is no completed contract at this point so company's rules apply and still apply after a contract unless it is a stipulated work rule spelled out in a contract. The only difference right now would be disapline such as the new program the company is rolling out on damages and accountability this does not apply to unionzed locations because it a change of status quo on policy.

If your referring to time calculated as to how it apply to a pension there is none carried. You can only earn pension time if their is one in place. There is no blanket pension for all Teamster. Also we are paying no dues until a contract is put in place so there no credit there.

Yes , the people who are against the union will receive all the benifits from our efforts. Example ; The drivers who did not support the union at our location still received back pay and full reinstatement of there wages from our settlement with company through the labor board . The union does not and can not be selective as to who benefits from gains.
It’s been asked twice now, and still not answered. How does it work when you go to another fac, or when drivers come into Miami?

And those drivers who did not support the union should get back pay. Their wages were frozen through no fault of their own. It’s not a “ union benefit”. That’s very disingenuous.
Of course they are entitled to their back pay . As far as the disingenuous comment I really don't see your point .

They wouldn't have got it back had we not fought for it . Waiting for the company to do it just wasn't going happen out of the kindness of their hearts

Of course they are entitled to their back pay . As far as the disingenuous comment I really don't see your point .

They wouldn't have got it back had we not fought for it . Waiting for the company to do it just wasn't going happen out of the kindness of their hearts
Their wages are frozen because of the union drive. To say they benefited from the union activity is disingenuous.

K. Let’s try this. You guys have a signed contract. Hypothetically. What are the rules say for your linehaul guys running to a different barn, or a non union driver coming to yours on a walk about?
I'm not involved with negotiations but I don't think there sounds like there would be "rules" that would be different at this point . The only thing that would be different would be discipline process . I don't see there be limitations such as a driver can only do a certain task and no others if that's the type of thing your referring to ? This is not going to have that type of wording.

Last edited:
I'm not involved with negotiations but I don't think there sounds like there would be "rules" that would be different at this point . The only thing that would be different would be discipline process . I don't see there be limitations such as a driver can only do a certain task and no others if that's the type of thing your referring to ? This is not going to have that type of wording.
Thanks. That’s what some are wondering.

Their wages are frozen because of the union drive. To say they benefited from the union activity is disingenuous.
That was Xpo's choice to withhold those wages not the unions. The only reason they did it was to disuade the drivers in hopes of gaining support for a decert. They had no intentions to give that money back until the courts caught onto their tactic. Had the union not files a Ulp and fought for it we still would be waiting and I never heard anyone suggest it should be only union supporter who get it.

That was Xpo's choice to withhold those wages not the unions. The only reason they did it was to disuade the drivers in hopes of gaining support for a decert. They had no intentions to give that money back until the courts caught onto their tactic. Had the union not files a Ulp and fought for it we still would be waiting and I never heard anyone suggest it should be only union supporter who get it.
I see. How do those afford who voted no feel about things now?

I think some are holding preconceived notions as to work rules such as those practice at other union carriers . We are not looking to put in place stifling rules that would change the way operations are currently done. I have not sat directly at the negotiating table but I am aware of the progress that is made and I have not seen or heard anything proposed or tentatively agreed upon that would change any othe the current operations and they way there carried out or apply to workers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.