XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when you throw hypocritical jabs at Fly By Night, we’re just supposed to let it be? Why the double standard? You don’t add anything to the conversation.

After the 6 or 7 jabs fly by night just threw at me, neither he nor you have anything to complain about. Sorry, Whip, what's right is right. There are several trains of thought in this thread. We have all spoken our mind and gotten a little testy from time to time. That's the nature of the beast. I am always respectful or at least I try to be. But when someone comes at me, it's only human nature to reply in kind. I don't think anyone has gotten too far out of line here.

I understood Dave's quote perfectly. I chose to live a life and not just exist. I chose to do more than work and sleep. You're asking me to believe that you pay 450.00 a year for 2 vehicles with full coverage? Where do you live? Dial up internet? Really? Respectfully, my friend, you're part of the problem. You've swallowed the hook so far down your throat, that they're not even bothering to reel you in. They're just going to let you flounder in the water until you die. Save and sacrifice until you have enough to enjoy the rest of your life. In the meantime, a good part of your life has passed you by.

We run a budget also. We are debt free excluding the car payment. I also have a six figure savings account. They have convinced you that you're only worth what they are willing to pay you and you and you willfully ignore the amount of revenue that you generate for them. Most of the guys I work with try to plan and budget their lives. There's just not enough income to keep pace with the rising costs of living. Why? Because the company wants to keep it ALL, or at least as much as they can until we say enough. I admire your resolve but you're selling your self short. After working hard 50 to 60 hours a week, we are entitled to a better quality of life.
Amen

After the 6 or 7 jabs fly by night just threw at me, neither he nor you have anything to complain about. Sorry, Whip, what's right is right. There are several trains of thought in this thread. We have all spoken our mind and gotten a little testy from time to time. That's the nature of the beast. I am always respectful or at least I try to be. But when someone comes at me, it's only human nature to reply in kind. I don't think anyone has gotten too far out of line here.
That’s right. And we are XPO employees. Others are visiting and not showing the same respect they demanded in other forums.

You sound just like an ex smoker, it worked for so it must be good for everybody, you try to tell somebody how to run their life adds nothing to the debate.
I never said it will work for everybody, because you have to have discipline to do it. I not trying to tell anyone how to run there life. I just explained why most union strike only last about 2 weeks.
Yet your here pushing the union and you have the balls to tell me I'm the one tell people how to run there life.

Last edited:
You are only worth what someone is willing to pay you. If you don't like what's being offered then look somewhere else.

There is a modicum of truth to what you say here, but it's not a universal truth.

There's a great quote that I've seen attributed to Chomsky, but don't let that deter you. It goes something like "A fair contract between those who hold power and those who lack power is nothing more than a sick joke."

This is why unions are so good for workers, they help balance the power in negotiations and allow workers to get something closet to what they deserve.

You keep letting the corporation decide your worth, you do you. Me, I'm going to decide I'm worth something more than what XPO says and fight for it. I'll let you know the results after we win the vote.

You're asking me to believe that you pay 450.00 a year for 2 vehicles with full coverage?
I said 6 months
Dial up internet?
Sorry meant to say cheap ass DSL

Really? Respectfully, my friend, you're part of the problem. You've swallowed the hook so far down your throat, that they're not even bothering to reel you in. They're just going to let you flounder in the water until you die. Save and sacrifice until you have enough to enjoy the rest of your life. In the meantime, a good part of your life has passed you by.
Why is it that just because I am happy with my life and work I become part of the problem. The problem you see is I don't believe in the same ideas like you. The part you fail to know is that it only took 5 years for me to get ahead and out of debt and save money. So I came to this company with no debt and we all know companies hate employees that are debt free.

We run a budget also. We are debt free excluding the car payment.
So I guess you paid off your house since yesterday?

They have convinced you that you're only worth what they are willing to pay you and you and you willfully ignore the amount of revenue that you generate for them.
Oh I know what I generate for them. Do I feel I'm under paid well yes everyone does at every company and when I feel pay doesn't match the amount of work they want me to do I will go look somewhere else.

Had not the Republicans sabotaged the ACA, it would have worked out very well. They allowed states to opt out of Medicaid programs, they eliminated the individual mandate and they eliminate the risk corridors that caused insurance companies to raise their rates once again. You think the ACA is bad? Just wait until you see the new rates under Trump Care.
Any govt run healthcare will suck. All you have to do is look at other countries that are doing it.

All I did was make one quote and explain why the biggest threat the union has, that being a strike, has no power anymore. Next thing you are posting you monthly bills like I care. So I respond in kind. Yes we both thrown jabs, but I a big boy any really don't care what you think or say about me.
I only thing I hope to do is get someone thing about there debt and getting out of it. A s we all know companies like employees in debt

There is a modicum of truth to what you say here, but it's not a universal truth.

There's a great quote that I've seen attributed to Chomsky, but don't let that deter you. It goes something like "A fair contract between those who hold power and those who lack power is nothing more than a sick joke."

This is why unions are so good for workers, they help balance the power in negotiations and allow workers to get something closet to what they deserve.

You keep letting the corporation decide your worth, you do you. Me, I'm going to decide I'm worth something more than what XPO says and fight for it. I'll let you know the results after we win the vote.
That's fine with me.
I will say that alot of unions did fight to get what the members thought they were worth and then the company moved there plants oversea or south of the boarder.
Just becasue you believe you are worth $35 per hour doesn't mean someone is willing to pay it.

I know quite a few Eropeans I have ment through volunteer organizations I work with and they are quite happy with their government healthcare and are amazed how much ours cost us.

Of all the countries that enjoy universal single payer health care, how many of them have voted to repeal it?

Status
Not open for further replies.