XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing this, why hasn’t Hoffa and company gone all out in pushing for unionization of other carriers? Ask any business leader; companies either grow or shrink; there is no sitting still. Why has IBT been shrinking? If it’s not bad leadership then what caused it?

Organization continues daily, especially at XPO. Propaganda and misconceptions and bad legislation are causing the shrinking membership, although I believe the trend is reversing. The fox is patting you on the back saying that he won't eat your chickens, yet even though there's a chicken missing every day, you still believe him.

Knowing this, why hasn’t Hoffa and company gone all out in pushing for unionization of other carriers? Ask any business leader; companies either grow or shrink; there is no sitting still. Why has IBT been shrinking? If it’s not bad leadership then what caused it?
There’s not enough wanting unionization ,Just look at the management posts on here.Do you really think some of these guys are drivers,dock men and or hostlers.

Organization continues daily, especially at XPO. Propaganda and misconceptions and bad legislation are causing the shrinking membership, although I believe the trend is reversing. The fox is patting you on the back saying that he won't eat your chickens, yet even though there's a chicken missing every day, you still believe him.
Hoffa is holding hands with the Fox. That’s the problem

There’s not enough wanting unionization ,Just look at the management posts on here.Do you really think some of these guys are drivers,dock men and or hostlers.
I don't think there's any management posting here. Upnorth has that pretty well covered.

Maybe consider where YRC would be without union representation? That 15% could have been 25% with no one to dispute it. When drivers have the perception that they are LUCKY to have a job, especially in this market, the company has already completed the bamboozle. Common sense has been smothered by propaganda.

We had a wage reduction here. They returned it. No union made them do it. So why did they ?

Not just financially stable, but making record profits. In this market, with the driver shortage and record financial profits, they continue to take from us in an effort to do what? Certainly not thank us for the hard work we have done to generate those profits, but to once again pad their bottom line. And drivers get on these boards and complain about the situation yet are unwilling to do anything about it. So far, they have taken in minor increments...Bereavement, PTO, Health Insurance, Disability Benefits, Disciplinary Measures...but, soon enough the hammer will fall and we'll all be the head of the nail. Even those of you who say they are happy with the company can't be too optimistic about the direction we are going and you need to ask yourself how much longer will the peace and contentment will last.

Peace and contentment ? Are you serious ? It is a damn mass exodus. The direction people are going is out the door to work for someone else.

Last edited:

There are a bunch of us that have been there and done that with the union. I took this job because my union failed me and my peers at my previous employer. And that same union is the one who failed the men and women at CF.

Peace and contentment ? Are you serious ? It is a damn mass exodus. The direction people are going is out the door to work for someone else.

I never said I was happy with the direction this company is taking, however, many on this site expressed that they were happy with the status quo. I understand a guy with only a year or two under his belt leaving, but what I can't understand is why a senior guy wouldn't want to take positive steps to secure his position, his seniority, his vacation time and his pay scale. Your answer is to run. My answer is to fight. If we run from XPO, what makes you think we won't be running from where ever it is we might end up. The current race is to the bottom and all companies will head that way if unions are destroyed.

Hoffa is holding hands with the Fox. That’s the problem

That's a poor excuse for being afraid to stand up for yourself. If you reject the Teamsters, why not choose another union to represent you. I believe you are one of us who said they are unhappy with the direction this company is going. Choose another union then!

Too many are falling for the company line that is very well reinforced by their union busters. Union busting is a multi million dollar industry. Why are companies willing to pay such exorbitant fees to be represented by a 3rd party to convince us that we don't need representation by a 3rd party? Why? Could it be that the 3rd party we choose to represent us will force these companies to pay us what we are worth?

Too many are falling for the company line that is very well reinforced by their union busters. Union busting is a multi million dollar industry. Why are companies willing to pay such exorbitant fees to be represented by a 3rd party to convince us that we don't need representation by a 3rd party? Why? Could it be that the 3rd party we choose to represent us will force these companies to pay us what we are worth?
They have no communication for us unless It's anti-union stuff. Speaks volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.