XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said " how much longer peace and contentment will last ". Which means you think it presently exists. Which is not the case in the opinions of the many who have left the company. And the guys that are leaving are of all seniority ranks. 20+ year guys have quit this place. Several at my barn. The positive steps they took were out the door.

And you can fight all you want. What makes you think it's worth fighting for ? And why does someone improving themselves and their family constitute running ? How is doing right by your family running away from anything ?

Maybe I could have chosen better words. Doing right by your family is best always. Let me put it this way. I don't think there is peace and contentment but some guys here said they didn't want a union because they were happy with the company. For those who are senior men and are unhappy and for whatever reason choose NOT to leave, have to fight. Sometimes you have to fight for what you want. Fighting is better than sitting there doing nothing and forming a union is the best way to be happy again.

Then why do you call them cowards and say they are running ?

Did you see me use the word cowards? I don't think I used that word. There are 22,000 drivers in our system. We all can't go somewhere else. It's a smart move for a youngster to get while the gettin's good. Not so much for a senior guy who surrenders the benefits of seniority. It makes no sense to remain unhappy with your current situation when there is something you can do about it. I admitted feeling fear in my heart at various times during this campaign; in particular on the day of the strike. There is no shame in feeling fear. The shame is allowing that fear to prevent you from doing something positive to improve your situation.

You trust that ? You think the union is capable of understanding any of it ? Or are they just there to get their cut of your paycheck ?

I trust that and I know they understand ALL of it. They are not there for a cut of my paycheck as the 17.00 per week is a small price to pay for the services they provide and the contracts they negotiate.

I think it's been well established that the company has been communicating more, not less, and not just about unions.

If you're not getting any information, maybe that should be something you put in your contract proposals.
Damm Gene do you work at the same XPO I work at??????? I find out more info at other FAC then at my own barn. The FAC are able to post the info it must be hard for my TM to hit the print button

This thread has almost 650,000 views. I'm guessing that might be at least a couple of thousand viewers. Why such scarce participation? I would argue that people who support the company would have no problem posting their support here. I would also argue it's those who are dissatisfied hesitate to post because they feel the company might find out who they are and retaliate. There are way more of us...just not ready to come out of the closet yet.
Well some just look in and see what ::shit:: is flying around. I know some days I read it without login sometimes more then once and that still counts as a view

I can't argue that the current situation is as you post. But, I can tell you they are working on it feverishly. My guys want OT after 8. My fear is that they'll hire enough new guys to keep us under 40. I've heard Fed Ex has mastered that tactic.
Now you going to bitch about the company hiring and keeping drivers from getting OT. Sometimes you my regret what you wish for.

You said " how much longer peace and contentment will last ". Which means you think it presently exists. Which is not the case in the opinions of the many who have left the company. And the guys that are leaving are of all seniority ranks. 20+ year guys have quit this place. Several at my barn. The positive steps they took were out the door.

And you can fight all you want. What makes you think it's worth fighting for ? And why does someone improving themselves and their family constitute running ? How is doing right by your family running away from anything ?
The days of staying at one company is long gone. If something better come along I gone

Yes. Honestly. I think Jacobs plans will ultimately have negative effects on our careers at XPO. There has been no love.
Yes at XPO, but my career will do just fine. The one thing to remember if they lock the gates all the freight you guy move has to be moved by someone and they will need drivers?????. The safest employee here is a CDL Driver with out us the LTL part stops

Your lack of knowledge is showing, but I’m interested in you being a little more detailed please on this post please

You never accept responsibility for your hand in this. You took that job and that is your union. Why are things so terrible there ? Doesn't matter to you, so long as it's not your fault. You keep saying there is power in standing together and that unity will get you more. But for 10 years that hasn't worked out for you ? Can you even accept that ? One post you do, the next post you don't.

And let me be clear. You can post whatever the hell you want. I'm not judging you. Don't matter to me. I am just playing along. Commenting where I see something worth a few words. It's your opinion I am asking about. Make it as murky or as detailed as you like. I can only see the parts you post here.

Most are in fear or maybe some might be content or some have a false understanding of unions as a whole (high speed) in a certain craft. Give it time history repeats itself.

Been in three unions, the sum of my work history I have spent over 50% in a bargaining unit and I have been a union steward. Try again. Tricks, games and nonsense don't work on me. If you like the truth so much, why do I have to continually beat you upside the head with it ?

Deep whole of :::shit::: to come out of company of this size recession didn’t end till what 3-4 years ago last time I checked, so where was the big revenue at? 2014 was the first year they actually went into black.

So, no argument. That must mean that you do understand that it has been 10 years of taking less for you ? Right ?

Maybe I could have chosen better words. Doing right by your family is best always. Let me put it this way. I don't think there is peace and contentment but some guys here said they didn't want a union because they were happy with the company. For those who are senior men and are unhappy and for whatever reason choose NOT to leave, have to fight. Sometimes you have to fight for what you want. Fighting is better than sitting there doing nothing and forming a union is the best way to be happy again.

Phrased like this, we can agree. Some would even argue that just the threat of a union is an even better weapon than having a union.

Did you see me use the word cowards? I don't think I used that word. There are 22,000 drivers in our system. We all can't go somewhere else. It's a smart move for a youngster to get while the gettin's good. Not so much for a senior guy who surrenders the benefits of seniority. It makes no sense to remain unhappy with your current situation when there is something you can do about it. I admitted feeling fear in my heart at various times during this campaign; in particular on the day of the strike. There is no shame in feeling fear. The shame is allowing that fear to prevent you from doing something positive to improve your situation.

No. But you did say they were running away. Was it not your intention to imply that they were acting cowardly ?

I trust that and I know they understand ALL of it. They are not there for a cut of my paycheck as the 17.00 per week is a small price to pay for the services they provide and the contracts they negotiate.

It's a pyramid scheme. If 1000 people get 22,000 people to give them $17 every week. That's a lot of money.

I agree with the thought except ALL of you waiting to see a contract is playing right into the company's plan and only extending the time for you to have one of your own. If only 10% of the terminals certified, we would have had a contract 2 years ago.

Maybe, maybe not. We don't even know what this company will be like in two more years. And it's so different from what it was two years ago.

Damm Gene do you work at the same XPO I work at??????? I find out more info at other FAC then at my own barn. The FAC are able to post the info it must be hard for my TM to hit the print button

We have seen an increase in info. It's not the old days. But it's better than a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.