XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pyramid scheme. If 1000 people get 22,000 people to give them $17 every week. That's a lot of money.

I prefer to think of it as an insurance policy. I've paid 24k over 20 years for auto insurance. Haven't collected a dime. But it will be there when I need it. At least the union negotiates your contract every few years and it offers job security and a contract.

No. But you did say they were running away. Was it not your intention to imply that they were acting cowardly ?

No. It was a poor choice of words, as I said. I could have said it better. My implication was that it's better to fight than do nothing. Fight and you have a chance. Do nothing and nothing will happen. Fight as a unit and you win!

You never accept responsibility for your hand in this. You took that job and that is your union. Why are things so terrible there ? Doesn't matter to you, so long as it's not your fault. You keep saying there is power in standing together and that unity will get you more. But for 10 years that hasn't worked out for you ? Can you even accept that ? One post you do, the next post you don't.

And let me be clear. You can post whatever the hell you want. I'm not judging you. Don't matter to me. I am just playing along. Commenting where I see something worth a few words. It's your opinion I am asking about. Make it as murky or as detailed as you like. I can only see the parts you post here.
How can an employee be at fault for managements decisions?
Like I posted in previously look at it like a business, the size of the company the amount of debt due to merger then you factor the economy sucked for the first four years. Was best decisions made after concessions? No, but overall has the revenue come back yes equipment replacement yes. Am I happy this it takes this long once again no, but I understand. Reminder we were locked in two five year deals. For me to take a -15% paycut and at the end of year a non union driver pay (overall) is at the same, less, or a little higher should tell you how high bar is set by a union carrier (whip). Now come next negotiations enough is enough they have to come correct. Will they try to skim over yes if we let them not leadership.

How can an employee be at fault for managements decisions?
Like I posted in previously look at it like a business, the size of the company the amount of debt due to merger then you factor the economy sucked for the first four years. Was best decisions made after concessions? No, but overall has the revenue come back yes equipment replacement yes. Am I happy this it takes this long once again no, but I understand. Reminder we were locked in two five year deals. For me to take a -15% paycut and at the end of year a non union driver pay (overall) is at the same, less, or a little higher should tell you how high bar is set by a union carrier (whip). Now come next negotiations enough is enough they have to come correct. Will they try to skim over yes if we let them not leadership.

So, when you see people posting this and that on here, why do you say that if we went union we could stop it ? If the problem at Con-way is that we got bought and management has changed and their decisions are not what we want. And you say a union can't do anything about management and the decisions they make. Then why do you think a union can help the situation at XPO ?

And what makes you believe YRC will give you anything ? They have walked all over you for 10 years. Do you think they feel bad about it ? Do you think Welsh retiring is going to change things ?

What makes you confident at all in anything positive coming out of negotiations ? You don't think your peers will continue to vote yes regardless ? You don't think the union will continue to support the company and encourage people to vote yes ? The union is a business itself. Right ? They aren't a charity. They do what they do with the intention of making money. Right ? What good would it be for them if they disrupted one of the few sources of income they got left ? With only 9% of people working a union job nationally ? And what percent of that are Teamsters ?

I'm not trying to change your mind. Or even get you to understand what I am saying. You have proven yourself incapable of understanding yourself. You won't be able to figure anyone else out. The TDU propaganda has you properly brain washed. They are very good at what they do.

I have often wondered : WHY DOESN'T THE UNION (ANY or ALL UNIONS ) USE IT'S LOBBYISTS AND CLOUT TO FIX TRANSPORTATION WORKERS BEING EXEMPT FROM OVERTIME RULES?

Could it be that by helping everyone ( even non-union workers ) would go against union interests? By not fighting to fix a clear problem with work law it seems to support the theory that unions are a business and only interested in boosting themselves.

There are a bunch of us that have been there and done that with the union. I took this job because my union failed me and my peers at my previous employer. And that same union is the one who failed the men and women at CF.
Been in three unions, the sum of my work history I have spent over 50% in a bargaining unit and I have been a union steward. Try again. Tricks, games and nonsense don't work on me. If you like the truth so much, why do I have to continually beat you upside the head with it ?
Which local ,And were you elected and or appointed,How big was your bargaining unit and was it in the trucking sector.Please explain your self.

I have often wondered : WHY DOESN'T THE UNION (ANY or ALL UNIONS ) USE IT'S LOBBYISTS AND CLOUT TO FIX TRANSPORTATION WORKERS BEING EXEMPT FROM OVERTIME RULES?

Could it be that by helping everyone ( even non-union workers ) would go against union interests? By not fighting to fix a clear problem with work law it seems to support the theory that unions are a business and only interested in boosting themselves.
Look at where the the IBT headquarters is and then look right across the street on Louisiana ave.We have our lobbyist like every one else.

I think if the unions could be involved in changing that law, they would. They would use that as a recruiting tool.

Check out this site. It's a list of articles with respect to attempting to change the FLSA Overtime rules. It seems that someboby is paying attention.

http://www.elinfonet.com/fedarticles/9/4

So, when you see people posting this and that on here, why do you say that if we went union we could stop it ? If the problem at Con-way is that we got bought and management has changed and their decisions are not what we want. And you say a union can't do anything about management and the decisions they make. Then why do you think a union can help the situation at XPO ?

And what makes you believe YRC will give you anything ? They have walked all over you for 10 years. Do you think they feel bad about it ? Do you think Welsh retiring is going to change things ?

What makes you confident at all in anything positive coming out of negotiations ? You don't think your peers will continue to vote yes regardless ? You don't think the union will continue to support the company and encourage people to vote yes ? The union is a business itself. Right ? They aren't a charity. They do what they do with the intention of making money. Right ? What good would it be for them if they disrupted one of the few sources of income they got left ? With only 9% of people working a union job nationally ? And what percent of that are Teamsters ?

I'm not trying to change your mind. Or even get you to understand what I am saying. You have proven yourself incapable of understanding yourself. You won't be able to figure anyone else out. The TDU propaganda has you properly brain washed. They are very good at what they do.
I never said you can change how they operate only your work rules and compensation package.

You still talking out side of you head with 10 years if you don’t get it now don’t worry.

I’m not a fan of TDU you would see that if you wasn’t just blurting put anything that comes to thought due to me saying there is a business side to union in protection of membership. Example of is when driver is terminated or discharged or just a grievance with significant meaning behind it that the company will deadlock and has to go regional and national committees for arbitration. White paper contracts don’t have committees for cases to be heard so money has to be spent to hire federal arbitrator(not cheap). Cost money to fight UPS in grievances they have plenty of money to fight cases, if the IBT fought back on every single case against them it would bankrupt a local.

Rest of your post is driver lounge opinions from your side which don’t know, but continue I still don’t mind correcting you.

No the membership remember that’s similar to right to work which any union doesn’t support.

Look at where the the IBT headquarters is and then look right across the street on Louisiana ave.We have our lobbyist like every one else.
I guess what I'm saying Roadboss is to some people it looks like this is a winning cause for a union , any union or all unions to fight for ...BUT why should they or WHY would they fight to end the overtime exemption IF it threatens the need for unions? ( or at the very least it threatens one of the main reasons why drivers seek out unions )

I guess what I'm saying Roadboss is to some people it looks like this is a winning cause for a union , any union or all unions to fight for ...BUT why should they or WHY would they fight to end the overtime exemption IF it threatens the need for unions? ( or at the very least it threatens one of the main reasons why drivers seek out unions )
Thats a battle that we can’t win right now.In some cases drivers salary might double if your over the road and not on mileage .This would not be very popular with politians owner operators and companies Iam al for changing the rules to overtime after eight for every one .When you find a way to get every one to agree to pay more for goods and services ,let me know we will give you a good paying job as a salaried position.

Why should we as a union spend our members dues to help those who simply refuse to help pay the bill?

I prefer to think of it as an insurance policy. I've paid 24k over 20 years for auto insurance. Haven't collected a dime. But it will be there when I need it. At least the union negotiates your contract every few years and it offers job security and a contract.

And then you find out your claim was denied. Happened to my father. And the folks that worked at CF. And many others.

Contracts can go bad. Or even really bad. Of course, there are good ones too. Just saying that it isn't a giving that it will be a good thing.

Job security. Yeah. They can talk that up. The union can keep you a job. So long as there is a job to be had.

No. It was a poor choice of words, as I said. I could have said it better. My implication was that it's better to fight than do nothing. Fight and you have a chance. Do nothing and nothing will happen. Fight as a unit and you win!

Or lose. Every fight has a winner and a loser. That's the trick. No one goes into a fight thinking how great it would be to lose.

Which local ,And were you elected and or appointed,How big was your bargaining unit and was it in the trucking sector.Please explain your self.

Hard pass. This is not a thread about highspeeds. Personal attacks are uncalled for. If you want further understanding of my opinions. You are free to ask. But I am not in anyway obligated to respond. I have been typing away on these forums for a very long time. Nothing gets me the time out button quicker than the whole damn thread being about me. Which ain't fair to me at all. I ain't you, the one who is making me the topic. I am just enjoying the act of participating in the conversation. But I am the one who gets punished. That is what gets taken away. My ability to participate.

So, none of your damn business. Follow the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.