XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your trying to say what actually is your opinion. I just tell what I’ve seen on both sides in office and from truck which is fact. If you don’t like facts I’m sorry just be a viewer on this thread.

You don't express anything that is fact. When you start, then you can worry about everybody else.

And since I work here and this is all relevant to me, I will continue to share facts and give opinions on the subject regardless of your approval.

IAM has nearly 500,000 members ( according to them )

And when USAirways workers had an election to choose representation between the Teamsters or the Machinists , they chose the Machinists - a quote from the article:

Machinists Union Wins Election for 4,600 Mechanic and Related at US Airways

Washington, D.C., August 12, 2013 – In a contest overseen by the Nation Mediation Board (NMB), the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) today soundly defeated the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) in an election to represent nearly 4,600 Mechanic and Related employees at US Airways. The IAM received 1,903 votes, or 58 percent of all votes cast in the five-week election, while the IBT received 1,418 votes, less than 42 percent.

“This victory marks an important milestone for the Mechanic and Related group at US Airways,” said IAM Transportation Vice President Sito Pantoja. “By voting for the Machinists Union our members safeguarded their pensions and seniority heading into the merger with American Airlines while rejecting the empty promises of an organization with a history of corruption.

- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers website

P.S. - I will give the IAM credit. They have went to the XPO terminal nearby and put leaflets on the cars AND stuck around to talk to the employees.

In a similar situation the Teamsters stapled a flyer to the phone pole and took off like a bat out of hell when the terminal manager went out to say hi.
I’m pro union no matter who they are

We have seen an increase in info. It's not the old days. But it's better than a year ago.

Yeah, that's what I meant- more information is being put out there by XPO, though someone still has to print it off at the local level and I'm sure that doesn't happen everywhere.

Like so many things that get people in a twist around here, it's less a coordinated effort by the evil puppeteers in Greenwich, and more the typical issues with consistency across hundreds of individual locations.

Our terminal is already ahead of the rest of the company despite the fact we don't have a final contract yet.

Hey, are you accepting transfers?

You're "ahead" for now because you don't have a contract and our benefits have gotten more expensive or changed in a negative way. If the cost or value of benefits goes the other way, so does your advantage. Your strategy depends on constant loss for the rest of us. Not everyone is so pessimistic as to think that such drastic action is necessary.

Speaking of which, are you guys working on economics yet?

We see the train coming straight for us and we're discussing how unfair it is that we're about to get run over.

How many trains have we seen since the buyout that just turned out to be some drunk guy walking down the tracks with a flashlight?

All I'm saying is let's not worry too much about getting our shoes dirty. Jump!!! Save your ass and clean off your shoes later.

A favorite line of used car salesmen everywhere. For god's sake, don't think about it or wait for more information.

I get really suspicious when someone tells me to hurry up and trust them. Unless it was Batman. I'd probably trust Batman.

Hey, are you accepting transfers?

You're "ahead" for now because you don't have a contract and our benefits have gotten more expensive or changed in a negative way. If the cost or value of benefits goes the other way, so does your advantage. Your strategy depends on constant loss for the rest of us. Not everyone is so pessimistic as to think that such drastic action is necessary.

Speaking of which, are you guys working on economics yet?
Yes, their well into economics.
Hell, come on over ,you been here before so I won't have to give you directions. I will personally look out for you this time and make sure your welcome. Hell, you already know most of the guys . We can always use another experienced driver for sure.

Last edited:
Loads of fun today while pouring through Lm 20's starting in Dec. 2014 . Starting to fill in the gaps in the timeline now. No wonder their fighting so hard to end the nessecity of these reports.
So much information there.
Lot of free time this week on vacation.

Last edited:
Loads of fun today while pouring through Lm 20's starting in Dec. 2014 . Starting to fill in the gaps in the timeline now. No wonder their fighting so hard to end the nessecity of these reports.
So much information there.
Lot of free time this week on vacation.

LM 20's detail how much money the company has spent on union busters. It's in the MILLIONS and you should be asking why they are willingly spending that money instead of paying it to the men who actually do the work.

LM 20's detail how much money the company has spent on union busters. It's in the MILLIONS and you should be asking why they are willingly spending that money instead of paying it to the men who actually do the work.
At our barn alone they paid Cruz and Associates ( Union persuaders ) $ 193,980.80 .
You think that's a lot in Aurora they spent $235,913 For a single year .But wait thats not the biggie ,Sit down for this one in 2015 alone they paid Cruz $404,000 in Orlando alone.
They have spent millions since 2014 across the country fighting unionization.

Last edited:
At our barn alone they paid Cruz and Associates ( Union persuaders ) $ 193,980.80 .
You think that's a lot in Aurora they spent $235,913 For a single year .But wait thats not the biggie ,Sit down for this one in 2015 alone they paid Cruz $404,000 in Orlando alone.
They have spent millions since 2014 across the country fighting unionization.

We didn't see Cruz in Miami. They used another crew, so you can add another 200K plus to the total.

Employer consulting service ? So many different names to bill under. $234,000 I know who's buying dinner. Wow!

And they say we're the greedy ones. ;)

Last edited:
Employer consulting service ? So many different names to bill under. $234,000 I know who's buying dinner. Wow!

And they say we're the greedy ones. ;)
Is it fair to say a lot of money has been spent on the pro-union side? Is the pro-union side obligated to divulge it's expenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.