XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some guys jump to Wal-Mart. They have all moved on already. They change their story after you get in the door.
Had a notion to jump to WALMART. Only negative comment from their driver I spoke to/texted was subpar medical.please enlighten on further issues,sir!

Your spin on this issue would hold water except for the fact that it was their actions that made us seek union representation.

Okay, but you still chose that path and the very predictable response that you have received. Right or wrong, it's not nearly as shocking or as much of a human rights violation as you're attempting to make it appear.

When we realized we had no recourse to affect their policy changes, we sought whatever recourse we could find. That happened to be the Teamsters.

Yeah, that was a bad choice.

It's a slap in the face to be told that the company can't afford to maintain or increase our compensation package while they are spending millions in an effort to be able to continue to bleed it dry.

You can't compare intermittent spending on consultants at a handful of locations with long term commitments to the entire company. I know, I know, "millions of dollars", but zoom out a little bit.

Detractors have stopped posting because they ran out of excuses NOT to form their union.

Don't flatter yourself. This is entertainment. The real battles, the important battles, are being fought in the barns, and you're losing them. Badly.

Congratulations to LA on their certification.

The vote was 4 years ago, so let's not get too excited. They've been sitting on their thumbs waiting for the courts.

I can tell you that there are serious organizing efforts going on throughout the country. There are a few terminals that are very close. What began as a drop of water in Laredo may soon become a waterfall.

Oh yeah? The same waterfall we were going to see in 2015? Or was it 2016? '17? You see where I'm going with this.

There is a terminal right now where almost 90% of the employees favor unionization. Their fear is that XPO will close the terminal. If you from that terminal and you are reading this, allow me to point out that 6 have certified and NONE have closed. It is illegal and they may not close a terminal to avoid a union.

90% support it or 90% have signed cards? Not the same thing, you know. Maybe they're just giving an excuse, like you do when the Mormons show up. "Yeah, my wife is having a heart attack, I can't really talk about Jesus right now. Thanks!"

As I have always said, there is no downside. There is no risk.

And as I have always said, you wouldn't buy a car from someone that tried to feed you this bulls**t, so you probably shouldn't give your voice on the job to one either.

Don't flatter yourself. This is entertainment. The real battles, the important battles, are being fought in the barns, and you're losing them. Badly.

The vote was 4 years ago, so let's not get too excited. They've been sitting on their thumbs waiting for the courts.

Oh yeah? The same waterfall we were going to see in 2015? Or was it 2016? '17? You see where I'm going with this.

90% support it or 90% have signed cards? Not the same thing, you know. Maybe they're just giving an excuse, like you do when the Mormons show up. "Yeah, my wife is having a heart attack, I can't really talk about Jesus right now. Thanks!"

And as I have always said, you wouldn't buy a car from someone that tried to feed you this bulls**t, so you probably shouldn't give your voice on the job to one either.
I think if would be unionizers are smart , healthcare will be the focus of their efforts to gain support. Expenses will continue to rise ( in some cases dramatically ) and in XPO's case they have made a bid misstep by aligning themselves with such a poor company ( Matrix )

Keep in mind the age of the average CDL holder is in the 50's. Retirement and healthcare will continually move up in priority by default.

I wonder what would have happened if 12 of the 13 original colonies said "Let's wait to see what happens in Massachusetts".

Funny you mention that- 12 of the 13 didn't support independence after Lexington and Concord. They sent the Olive Branch Petition to the king to try and patch things up with Britain. It was only after King George refused to read it and threatened to crush the rebellion by force that Paine wrote "Common Sense" and everyone got on the bandwagon.

If you want people to support you, you're going to need a persuasive argument. XPO isn't evil enough to justify a union on its own merits- the voting numbers speak for themselves. But hey, you guys just keep on telling us we owe the Teamsters something, or that we're scared company suck-asses, or that we have tiny testicles. We still own the scoreboard, and that's all that matters.

It's like watching the battle from the sidelines and then marching in the victory parade along side those who did all the fighting.

Yes, we know how much you guys like to remind us why we have any rights at all as workers. I can't imagine how glorious it would be to actually work with you and see you lifted up as a BA or steward for your courage and have you constantly remind everyone what a great job you did talking trash when all I did was vote. Hubris is a Teamster.

Everyone at the bargaining unit will see the details of Teamcare prior to voting on it. You might want to ask a UPS driver about the coverage in the mean time because it’s what they have.

LOL. So we can't talk about the dumpster fire of Central States, because you won't be in the pension plan. But you want people to get excited about the Central States health plan?? Yeah, no.

LOL. So we can't talk about the dumpster fire of Central States, because you won't be in the pension plan. But you want people to get excited about the Central States health plan?? Yeah, no.
What does family coverage cost weekly currently at XPO and what is the deductible? If there are actual figures than informed decisions can be made.

What does family coverage cost weekly currently at XPO and what is the deductible?

Depends on where you live and which plan you choose.

If there are actual figures than informed decisions can be made.

Sure, but there aren't any actual figures from the union side of XPO available because none of them have a contract yet.

But we're supposed to trust them that it will be "better", based on what a completely different company contract says, and without any contractual context. This from the people who constantly chide us about looking at one facet of our compensation in isolation.

Sure, but there aren't any actual figures from the union side of XPO available because none of them have a contract yet.

But we're supposed to trust them that it will be "better", based on what a completely different company contract says, and without any contractual context. This from the people who constantly chide us about looking at one facet of our compensation in isolation.
Well how much is the best plan and deductible for family coverage at your barn than? I'm union not Teamster and we pay $50 a week for medical, dental and vision. $1200 deductible. How does XPO compare to this? I'm not flaming anything I'm genuinely curious what one of the largest trucking/logistics companies in the world offer.

Okay, but you still chose that path and the very predictable response that you have received. Right or wrong, it's not nearly as shocking or as much of a human rights violation as you're attempting to make it appear.
So who mentioned human rights violations? I am attempting to make it appear as it actually is. They are taking benefits from us and we have no recourse without union representation. Simple!

You can't compare intermittent spending on consultants at a handful of locations with long term commitments to the entire company. I know, I know, "millions of dollars", but zoom out a little bit.

Their spending has not been intermittent nor has it been at a few locations. It has been at many locations and if they just would have listened to their employees, they would have saved a small fortune.

Had a notion to jump to WALMART. Only negative comment from their driver I spoke to/texted was subpar medical.please enlighten on further issues,sir!

Guys were being run into Canada. Which wasn't actually that horrible. Being run out longer than originally told. And schedules in general were not as they were first described. Days worked and work given were different from what was told. Also. You can't use any blue tooth anything while driving. Most of us are used to having headsets. It's a lot of driving without the ability to talk to people.

Wal-mart has changed a lot of things as a result of driver shortage. Making the job less appealing versus just continuing in a LTL style job that lets you be home every day.

Can't go thinking on your own around these people. Using logic is also strictly forbidden. They think what they are told and expect you to do as they say without question. They are right because they said so. That should be enough for you.

It's strange how much bullshit the company and their union busters dole out, yet you believe it, don't you. I guess you're happy with the recent loss of benefits as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.