XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr676/summary

Your highlights are accurate, however, the author of the article has made some assumptions that are outside the realm of possibility. No one waits a year for emergency surgery or treatment. Non-profit does not mean that doctors and hospitals offer their services for free. What it does mean is that I won't have to pay 75.00 for an aspirin if I'm in the hospital. It also means I won't have to pay 1100.00 for 15 minutes of an anesthesiologists time, while he witnesses my colonoscopy. Non profit simply means that everyone gets paid for the services they provide...but, there's nothing left over.

Health care SHOULD be non profit, as it is in almost every other developed country in the world. And it works, evidenced by the fact that I have yet to hear of a country voting for a ballot initiative to eliminate universal single payer health care aka Medicare for all. I am on Medicare and I am extremely happy with the results.

Finally, I want you to think for a minute. If this country passes a Medicare for all program, why would I need Teamcare? I couldn't care less if it were legal or not.
Should check you facts Here are some videos from 8 year ago that talk about there great Govt healthcare system

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr676/summary

evidenced by the fact that I have yet to hear of a country voting for a ballot initiative to eliminate universal single payer health care aka Medicare for all. I am on Medicare and I am extremely happy with the results.

When as anyone voted to giveback anything they got for free. You hear of these rich Liberal bitching about the tax cut they got but yet they don't return the money

Wrong again! Although many companies moved their operations overseas, it had absolutely nothing to do with PRESIDENT Obama or government regulations. It has everything to do with CHEAP labor and maximizing profits. Corporations just got a massive tax cut and Trump has removed many regulations. I can count the jobs that have come back on the fingers of a one armed midget.
I stand corrected it was more about the tax laws of the US.

When as anyone voted to giveback anything they got for free. You hear of these rich Liberal bitching about the tax cut they got but yet they don't return the money

It's not really free, Fly. Everyone pays into the system in the form of higher taxes. The savings are realized by 3 things. Full participation , reducing administrative costs and standardization of costs for services and fees. When I had my knee replacement, I couldn't help but notice that the retail cost for the surgery, hospital and fees was over 80K. If I didn't have insurance, that's what I would have had to pay out of pocket. Yet, when I saw the invoice from Cigna, they only paid 20K and my copay was 4K. So, the medical profession is already regulated by insurance companies. They dictate what they will pay to providers and the providers have to accept whatever the insurance companies will pay. That's one reason why our system is so screwed up.

Should check you facts Here are some videos from 8 year ago that talk about there great Govt healthcare system

You have to ask one question. Who produced these videos? I can post videos that state how great the single payer system is. Doesn't it make sense that if the system was so bad, the people in the countries where it exists would have repealed it already.

It's not really free, Fly. Everyone pays into the system in the form of higher taxes. The savings are realized by 3 things. Full participation , reducing administrative costs and standardization of costs for services and fees. When I had my knee replacement, I couldn't help but notice that the retail cost for the surgery, hospital and fees was over 80K. If I didn't have insurance, that's what I would have had to pay out of pocket. Yet, when I saw the invoice from Cigna, they only paid 20K and my copay was 4K. So, the medical profession is already regulated by insurance companies. They dictate what they will pay to providers and the providers have to accept whatever the insurance companies will pay. That's one reason why our system is so screwed up.
It not regulated by insurance companies. The Cigna like every other insurance company does is to go out and make agreements with Health provideres on cost. The same thing our sale force does at our customers. If it was regulated by the insurance companies then why are there medical facilitates that are considered out-of-network

You guys realize that our “ universal” healthcare only covers you in the province you live in, right? If you travel to another province and need to go to the hospital or doctor, your not covered. You need to buy blue cross travel insurance otherwise your on the hook.

Oh good
You guys realize that our “ universal” healthcare only covers you in the province you live in, right? If you travel to another province and need to go to the hospital or doctor, your not covered. You need to buy blue cross travel insurance otherwise your on the hook.
Oh good grief....sure didn't kow that.

Didn't you say that your system worked good but was just overwhelmed with foreigners?

It not regulated by insurance companies. The Cigna like every other insurance company does is to go out and make agreements with Health provideres on cost. The same thing our sale force does at our customers. If it was regulated by the insurance companies then why are there medical facilitates that are considered out-of-network
My turn to stand corrected. Arrangements are negotiated by insurance companies...not regulated. Poor choice of words on my part.

No, I didn't know. Makes no sense. I guess even good plans could stand some improvements.

What is the premium for the supplement insurance?

https://blog.ingleinternational.com/travelling-within-canada-your-out-of-province-health-coverage/
According to this article all providence with the exception of Quebec have an agreement to provide coverage when traveling. Has this changed?

Also would you prefer an American type of plan vs what you have now?

I’m sure there’s positives and minus to each system. Just curious what your opinion is.

https://blog.ingleinternational.com/travelling-within-canada-your-out-of-province-health-coverage/
According to this article all providence with the exception of Quebec have an agreement to provide coverage when traveling. Has this changed?

Also would you prefer an American type of plan vs what you have now?

I’m sure there’s positives and minus to each system. Just curious what your opinion is.
It doesn’t always work like that. You notice the article said you “may” be covered? A lot of times you will have to pay for it and get reimbursed, if it’s an acceptable claim. You will never be refused hospital services out of province, buying blue cross is cheap insurance.

American plan vs what we have now. Both have pluses and minuses. We actually use the us healthcare system now as well. Certain communities that are too far from a hospital, but are closer to an American hospital, get to use the American hospital at no charge to us. The province foots the bill. If our taxes were dropped and we had to pay for our own health care, I honestly don’t know which would be better.

It doesn’t always work like that. You notice the article said you “may” be covered? A lot of times you will have to pay for it and get reimbursed, if it’s an acceptable claim. You will never be refused hospital services out of province, buying blue cross is cheap insurance.

American plan vs what we have now. Both have pluses and minuses. We actually use the us healthcare system now as well. Certain communities that are too far from a hospital, but are closer to an American hospital, get to use the American hospital at no charge to us. The province foots the bill. If our taxes were dropped and we had to pay for our own health care, I honestly don’t know which would be better.
yeah I guess you would have to do a cost analysis and compare the higher taxes you pay vs what a family would pay in premiums ,copays and deductibles for a year with our plan. The other factor to be considered is how much of a tax increase you get annually vs our premiums which typically go up most years and coverage goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.