XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you now the great arbiter

So you now are the great arbiter of who needs a tax break and how much that break will be? Brad Jacob's as majority owner of XPO got a tax break. Was I as you say wiped out? No, not really. I got a pay raise. My health care benefits have increased in value. I too got a tax break at the same time as Jacob's. I do not think I wiped out any working people. When I read your post I read greed. You are upset that some people have a lot more than you. ( more than me too) The difference between you and me is I do not envy those with more than me or resent them for their accomplishments. Neither do I pity the poor working man and feel a need to give them the fruits of someone else's labor.
You fell for propaganda you did not get a tax break you are getting less tax withheld from your check the tax tables have not changed come april tax season lot of angry trumpy bears

You fell for propaganda you did not get a tax break you are getting less tax withheld from your check the tax tables have not changed come april tax season lot of angry trumpy bears
You wrote that I did not get a tax break I'm just having less tax withheld. This Trump bear is happy. Anyway you want to ring it up that is a tax break. Undoubtedly you went to the Obama School of economics. Withhold less or change the rate at which it is withheld it would amount to the same thing, it's a tax break. My wallet is smiling at your reasoning.

You wrote that I did not get a tax break I'm just having less tax withheld. This Trump bear is happy. Anyway you want to ring it up that is a tax break. Undoubtedly you went to the Obama School of economics. Withhold less or change the rate at which it is withheld it would amount to the same thing, it's a tax break. My wallet is smiling at your reasoning.
We will find out in spring until then enjoy your time off and family and turkey

This article may help you understand. You can pay now or pay later
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleaebeling/2018/07/31/gao-dont-count-on-a-tax-refund-next-april/

This link will take you to a comparison chart for the Cigna Plan we have now and the Teamcare proposal recently rejected by the company. You will immediately see the Teamcare coverage is significantly more comprehensive than the Cigna plan. In addition, the premiums on the Cigna plan for a family in network could range from $60 per week to over $100 per week. Teamcare is a zero premium plan offered at no cost to employees. The cost to the company to provide this plan is insignificantly higher than Cigna and with some modifications, the company could provide the Teamcare plan AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. Pay particular attention to the Family Protection section. If you die prematurely, for whatever reason, your family keeps their coverage for 5 years at no cost under TeamCare. Under Cigna, you won't even get a sympathy card expressing their condolences.

They won't even discuss it. Guess why

Last edited by a moderator:
This link will take you to a comparison chart for the Cigna Plan we have now and the Teamcare proposal recently rejected by the company. You will immediately see the Teamcare coverage is significantly more comprehensive than the Cigna plan. In addition, the premiums on the Cigna plan for a family in network could range from $60 per week to over $100 per week. Teamcare is a zero premium plan offered at no cost to employees. The cost to the company to provide this plan is insignificantly higher than Cigna and with some modifications, the company could provide the Teamcare plan AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. Pay particular attention to the Family Protection section. If you die prematurely, for whatever reason, your family keeps their coverage for 5 years at no cost under TeamCare. Under Cigna, you won't even get a sympathy card expressing their condolences.

They won't even discuss it. Guess why?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7XC1dKA6NJVM0xBckx6ODllTFM5d3QxM1JWTF96X1pJeHFn/view?usp=sharing
In my most sarcastic voice possible.....
"I guess because they could not attract new employees with insurance that bad???"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7XC1dKA6NJVM0xBckx6ODllTFM5d3QxM1JWTF96X1pJeHFn/view?usp=sharing
Then why aren't drivers flooding these Union barns with job apps. All the unions barn are hiring except for UPSF?????

Then why aren't drivers flooding these Union barns with job apps. All the unions barn are hiring except for UPSF?????
Pretty much every carrier in my area has job listings. No one is able to hire at the moment. Sure don't see anyone kicking doors down for an interview at my place.
The short answer is that most of today's working generation want to see what their net pay is at the end of the week. They don't put much value on bennies such as insurance and retirement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/13/her...have-nothing-at-all-saved-for-retirement.html

Most people don’t even realize how good the coverage is in comparison. When job shopping it’s hard to compare each plan as Hollywoodz layed out here . Every company says they offer excellent insurance but as an outsider looking in how would you know how they compare.
Now you know.

Thanks for the comparison . Now we can actually compare our coverage. Very helpful and revealing.

Most people don’t even realize how good the coverage is in comparison. When job shopping it’s hard to compare each plan as Hollywoodz layed out here . Every company says they offer excellent insurance but as an outsider looking in how would you know how they compare.
Now you know.
Every ad and sign I have seen that is on the side of a trailer at there barn says "100% Company paid Healthcare, and Pension. With all the info out there on the web, and drivers talking. There is some much info out there, there should be no reason a driver should not know what benefits a company has. If he doesn't it's his own fault
Just look at ABF web site everyone say in the benefits section "All drivers receive health and welfare benefits with no employee paid premiums." and "ABF Freight employees are covered by a pension plan at no expense to the employee."
https://arcbest.avature.net/abfjobs...ited-States-Checker-driver-regular-union/5220

Last edited:
Every ad and sign I have seen that is on the side of a trailer at there barn says "100% Company paid Healthcare, and Pension. With all the info out there on the web, and drivers talking. There is some much info out there, there should be no reason a driver should not know what benefits a company has. If he doesn't it's his own fault
Just look at ABF web site everyone say in the benefits section "All drivers receive health and welfare benefits with no employee paid premiums." and "ABF Freight employees are covered by a pension plan at no expense to the employee."
https://arcbest.avature.net/abfjobs...ited-States-Checker-driver-regular-union/5220
But again, most guys wanna see the money in their check...if they interview and find out the hourly pay difference, they will go where the money is at. They don't care about bennies. We do because we know how good ours used to be and know we k ow how good they could be.

I am referring to the quality of the insurance. A company can say it pays a 100% of the premium but the actual coverage,deductibles and co-pays suck. The details most people talk about are not like “what is your maximum out of pocket expence” when talking to others about there healthcare. You have to compare all the details ( such as what Hollywoodz posted ) to see which is better. You can have insurance that doesn’t cover anything and then you can have insurance that is comprehensive and covers all with little cost . I hope you can see what I’m getting at. There is a lot more to insurance than what you weekly premium cost you.

But again, most guys wanna see the money in their check...if they interview and find out the hourly pay difference, they will go where the money is at. They don't care about bennies. We do because we know how good ours used to be and know we k ow how good they could be.
Exactly

You have to look at your entire compensation package as compared to prospective employers and compare all the details. This is very difficult to do because you usually don’t get to see what a new employer offers in detail until you sign on .
What Hollywoodz has posted is a direct comparison to Teamcare and our insurance. If you had something like this for each employer and knew their hourly rate and overtime policy you would have a good starting point for an accurate comparison .

Think about how much more money will be in your check if you don't have to pay insurance premiums. Teamcare is a ZERO PREMIUM PLAN that offers insanely better coverage than ANY insurance plan I have ever seen. One example from my barn is a driver paying 95.00 per week on a family plan for a garbage policy. He could be getting almost 5K more per year in his check with an infinitely better policy protecting him and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.