XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of guys that was all they complained about. Those terminals make more money than us.
Management was well aware of the issue and I know for a fact they were very concerned about the spread of unionization in certain areas. ( friends in high places ) They were clever enough to not to do it at just one terminal that was in the midst of a vote. They just had their asses handed to them at Xcj they couldn't afford the optics of your barn going union and others following . So they made some regional changes that took care of those terminals were guys were already complaining about pay differentials. It’s that simple.

The company has to do what it has to do to stave off unionization within the law or outside of it. That’s a fact. I may not like it but they do.

Last edited:
Couple of people choice the money we as a family lose. They were giving us the raise either way. No hard feelings we are all family.
Well put.
I have a lot of respect for you and ALL the guys at your barn in their effort to push to make your situation better. Your efforts got you the higher geo zone pay which is a win in the short term. Based on what happened in your situation I wouldn’t blame any barn of trying the same.

Last edited:
but because what some told you and what there action was when it was their turn to close the curtain and cast their vote, not your vote or anyone else's, their vote, you call them out as sellouts. You just proved that anyone that has voted NO in any of these election are sellouts. What was the vote count at your place? How many sellouts do you haver at you barn? Just how low will you go.

You can beat this to death, if you choose but if the vote was 12-5 on Friday and it became 9-8 on Wednesday, what happened in between to change the vote. They got a 1.10 raise. Do you really believe that had no influence on the vote?

I never said that anyone who voted no is a sellout. I don't believe that for a minute and your statement that I proved that anyone who voted no is a sellout is just ridiculous. You boys keep trying to put words in my mouth and reinterpret my meaning.

You can beat this to death, if you choose but if the vote was 12-5 on Friday and it became 9-8 on Wednesday, what happened in between to change the vote. They got a 1.10 raise. Do you really believe that had no influence on the vote?

I never said that anyone who voted no is a sellout. I don't believe that for a minute and your statement that I proved that anyone who voted no is a sellout is just ridiculous. You boys keep trying to put words in my mouth and reinterpret my meaning.
It’s all they got

You care about you too, Hollywoodz. We're human and it's in our nature to do what we believe is in our own best interest. You believe a labor union serves your best self interest and Gene believes a union-free work environment best serves his, it's really no more complicated then that. This is why I called you out earlier for branding "no" voters as sellouts. What's the good of being able to vote one's conscience if they have to worry about being accused of being a sellout? You think you're organizing for some greater cause, you're not. You think because someone supports a union that it translates into placing the self interest of others in parity with yours, it doesn't. You believe in the tired moniker of "one for all and all for one." This saying is nothing more than a platitude that makes union people feel some false sense of solidarity, it's mind f@#k gobledeegoop is what it is. And it's why I will change jobs before I ever vote in the affirmative for certification.

You are correct that Gene believes what he believes and I believe what I believe. That's why I previously stated that my posts are not intended for you, or Gene, or Fly etc.

For the 100th time, I am not branding no voters as sellouts. The Rockaway 4 did not vote their conscience. They made a conscient decision to vote yes prior to Friday. Based on that decision, several members of the unit put their balls on the line to support the vote. When the company offered the raise on Monday, those guys switched their vote. Voting ones conscience means you vote based on what you believe, in spite of outside influences. If this was done to you, you would be furious.

All the monikers relating to unity have deep and profound meaning throughout history. All for one and one for all. In unity there is strength. United we stand divided we fall. Of course this gobbledeegoop means nothing to you and those like you, but these phrases mean everything to me. All great causes began with a call to unity. When people band together with a common purpose in a quest for justice, they cannot be defeated. I may not see it anytime soon, but it will come.

It’s all they got

Yeah...they got nothing. Notice how not one of them addressed the health care comparison. None of them ever answer a direct question. We've been accused of making things up and not listening. I'm willing to listen. Tell me one valid reason to stand alone against a corporate giant when you could have a strong influence on the policies and procedures you are required to follow. We can stop with the corruption argument. The most recent evidence of that was Rome Aloise back 2 years ago and he has either been suspended or banned. I can't remember which. For over 25 years, the Teamsters were under the stewardship of the Federal Government. They couldn't spend a dime without approval. They were just released from that obligation a few years ago.

They are attempting to deflect from the real issue at hand. There is only one question you need to ask and that is "Can you achieve a better working environment with better benefits through union representation." The answer is yes.

You are correct that Gene believes what he believes and I believe what I believe. That's why I previously stated that my posts are not intended for you, or Gene, or Fly etc.

For the 100th time, I am not branding no voters as sellouts. The Rockaway 4 did not vote their conscience. They made a conscient decision to vote yes prior to Friday. Based on that decision, several members of the unit put their balls on the line to support the vote. When the company offered the raise on Monday, those guys switched their vote. Voting ones conscience means you vote based on what you believe, in spite of outside influences. If this was done to you, you would be furious.

All the monikers relating to unity have deep and profound meaning throughout history. All for one and one for all. In unity there is strength. United we stand divided we fall. Of course this gobbledeegoop means nothing to you and those like you, but these phrases mean everything to me. All great causes began with a call to unity. When people band together with a common purpose in a quest for justice, they cannot be defeated. I may not see it anytime soon, but it will come.

Again a reference to put their balls on the line. What risk did these people take ? According to you, there is nothing the company can do.

Yeah...they got nothing. Notice how not one of them addressed the health care comparison. None of them ever answer a direct question. We've been accused of making things up and not listening. I'm willing to listen. Tell me one valid reason to stand alone against a corporate giant when you could have a strong influence on the policies and procedures you are required to follow. We can stop with the corruption argument. The most recent evidence of that was Rome Aloise back 2 years ago and he has either been suspended or banned. I can't remember which. For over 25 years, the Teamsters were under the stewardship of the Federal Government. They couldn't spend a dime without approval. They were just released from that obligation a few years ago.

They are attempting to deflect from the real issue at hand. There is only one question you need to ask and that is "Can you achieve a better working environment with better benefits through union representation." The answer is yes.

Ever notice how you want to control the argument ? Refuse to see or respond to our statements and comparisons or direct questions ? Corruption ? 2 years ain't ancient history. You have been waiting for a contract longer than that. Which, by the way. They are still selling bad contracts. Look at UPSF and ABF. A lot of unhappy people. Can't wait to see how the YRC contract goes. They ain't been happy since the merger. Just because the government has taken off the leash doesn't mean they are delivering good contracts to the rank and file. Those two things have nothing to do with one another.

There is only one question we keep answering. Many of us have worked union jobs. And they weren't all roses as you claim. And at one point many years ago, the entire industry was unionized. You keep saying you are old enough to remember it. But you must also be old enough to forget sometimes. Because the industry is now mostly non union. What do you believe is different now, in your eyes, that is going to change this ? Because, in the eyes of many. The answer is nothing. It's the same union that stood there and did nothing before and will do nothing again.

Again a reference to put their balls on the line. What risk did these people take ? According to you, there is nothing the company can do.

There is nothing a company can do...Legally. However, as you certainly already know, they have fired people in Trenton, Aurora and California. They denied raises and back pay to Miami and King of Prussia. They offer incentives to influence the votes. Their union busters descend upon us and outright lie and otherwise misrepresent what the situation really is. All designed to play on the fears of their employees. In every case, the Teamsters have insured that these drivers get immediate gainful employment with a union company. A few have even become employed by the Teamsters. No man gets left behind.

Fortunately, for these drivers, the courts have ruled in our favor in all of these cases. Drivers get their jobs back with back pay. Drivers get their raises with back pay. And the company has had to post in several terminals that they broke the law and steps they have taken to correct the situation.

Despite the facts that all ends well, no driver wants to endure the nonsense created by these situations. The company knows that and takes full advantage.

Look at UPSF and ABF. A lot of unhappy people. Can't wait to see how the YRC contract goes. They ain't been happy since the merger.

UPS and ABF have better working conditions and better benefits than we will ever have if the situation persists. ABF leads the way with a value of 43+ dollars per hour in total compensation package. I don't know what ours is but I'll assure you is isn't close. They are union companies. YRC is another story. I guess we'll see how that works out.

There is only one question we keep answering. Many of us have worked union jobs. And they weren't all roses as you claim. And at one point many years ago, the entire industry was unionized. You keep saying you are old enough to remember it. But you must also be old enough to forget sometimes. Because the industry is now mostly non union. What do you believe is different now, in your eyes, that is going to change this ? Because, in the eyes of many. The answer is nothing. It's the same union that stood there and did nothing before and will do nothing again.

I never claimed being unionized is all roses. Contracts depend on many variables. The first variable is the financial position of the company at hand. Market conditions play a big part as well. Contracts are beneficial to all parties involved. They keep everyone on the same page and honest. Your life is infused with contracts. Your home mortgage or rental agreement, your car loan, your credit cards, your cell phone and every thing else where the behavior of 2 parties is governed by a contract. Your marriage is a contract.

A union contract helps to relieve the stress in the daily life of working men and women. They have job security, guaranteed raises every year and most importantly, a health care plan that ensures they won't go broke should a sudden catastrophic illness hit them of a member of their families.

I never claimed being unionized is all roses. Contracts depend on many variables. The first variable is the financial position of the company at hand. Market conditions play a big part as well. Contracts are beneficial to all parties involved. They keep everyone on the same page and honest. Your life is infused with contracts. Your home mortgage or rental agreement, your car loan, your credit cards, your cell phone and every thing else where the behavior of 2 parties is governed by a contract. Your marriage is a contract.

A union contract helps to relieve the stress in the daily life of working men and women. They have job security, guaranteed raises every year and most importantly, a health care plan that ensures they won't go broke should a sudden catastrophic illness hit them of a member of their families.
Perfectly said and explained.

Don't forget our executive team at XPO has employment contracts not only spelling out their compensation package during their time of employment but upon their exit also. Strange enough they want you at will with no contract. Seems like a one sided deal. The ones at the top don't trust each other yet they want you to take them at their word.

Last edited:
We are in a strange place in history. We have a president who consistently and daily lies through his teeth .Yet a certain group of the working class clings to every falsehood he spouts and defend him and his closes people as they commit felonies . Its as if they want to be lead almost in a dictatorially way even if this leader has nothing to offer them. I find a great amount of parallel in our work situation with people willing to defend a company who takes consistently from them and has little if any concerns for them. Crazy times.

It takes time but people will learn, maybe the hard way but they will. This I'm sure of.

Last edited:
Don't forget our executive team at XPO has employment contracts not only spelling out their compensation package during their time of employment but upon their exit also. Strange enough they want you at will with no contract. Seems like a one sided deal. The ones at the top don't trust each other yet they want you to take them at their word.

Our TM was walked out 3 weeks before Christmas. I liked him a lot and got along extremely well with him. You all know we lost a dock worker last week. He had a massive heart attack on the dock. Our TM had the class and dignity to attend the wake and when I saw him, I expressed how badly I felt that he wasn't given the chance to continue. He told me he had a severance package. He wouldn't tell me any details...but he wasn't too sad. I felt better.

Our TM was walked out 3 weeks before Christmas. I liked him a lot and got along extremely well with him. You all know we lost a dock worker last week. He had a massive heart attack on the dock. Our TM had the class and dignity to attend the wake and when I saw him, I expressed how badly I felt that he wasn't given the chance to continue. He told me he had a severance package. He wouldn't tell me any details...but he wasn't too sad. I felt better.
Manager in XCJ walked out on Friday from what I here. Everything is just peachy..

Ok you union guys. Are any of you negotiating work rules? Example, if you start at 0700 or 0800 hrs you don't work outbound?

Ok you union guys. Are any of you negotiating work rules? Example, if you start at 0700 or 0800 hrs you don't work outbound?

Contracts are negotiated individually for each terminal. You may have specific issues at your barn that can be addressed in YOUR contract. They have specifically rejected a national contract for XPO. So, the answer is that work rules can be negotiated for specific situations. I can't say that it will be easy to do it. They fight like hell to keep the policy they already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.