XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assure you as sure as I sit here writing this that we tried every means to communicate and make things right before we voted the union in at our facility. They didn’t want to even discuss it.
I could care less wether we were non union if they even cared one bit to make things right . They have no interest too make any measurable change in a positive sense for the drivers. Now their willing to spend whatever it takes to keep us from having a say.
This is why I have been saying for the last 3 yrs this is not sustainable. You can’t build a successful ltl carrier on the backs of unhappy drivers and the last time I checked you need drivers to drive the trucks ( and I don’t by the fear factor threat of autonomous truck)

There is a simple solution. Fill out an application. And nearly instantly none of this is your problem any more. Drivers ain't dime a dozen any more. Companies are begging. Just not XPO. They are determined to scuttle this.

Sub service has been increased in my region. More drivers working their domicile FAC. I guessing XPO squeezing everywhere trying to save as much dollars due to them trying to A.T.M Amazon. Amazon said, "you ain't getting no more of this loving". Have yet to see drivers being laid off, them dock workers that think the company can't survive with out them, about to find out that them DSR's are some bad motha's, not only can they drive, they can clean up the dock, and get it done under fourteen.

Last time things got tight, they reduced head count and worked us all longer hours. I sure do appreciate having dock workers. But at some point. I expect to see some drastic changes to our structure at the terminals. They are paying these guys $15 an hour. And then they are showing us how Amazon is paying $23. I am like ::shit::. That's driver money. You can't afford to stay here !

Last time things got tight, they reduced head count and worked us all longer hours. I sure do appreciate having dock workers. But at some point. I expect to see some drastic changes to our structure at the terminals. They are paying these guys $15 an hour. And then they are showing us how Amazon is paying $23. I am like :::shit:::. That's driver money. You can't afford to stay here !
Our dock top out 22 or 23 per hour. Come on over boys

SEFL interline partner in the Midwest iis Dayton Freight ( I think ) seems like a decent company from what I hear.

When I go to Richmond VA ( to vist family ) they always have the shiniest trucks and trailers. Kind of scary.
I hear the same good reviews from drivers working at Dayton. They are still small enough that taking care of the drivers who make your company go is a high priority.

SEFL interline partner in the Midwest iis Dayton Freight ( I think ) seems like a decent company from what I hear.

When I go to Richmond VA ( to vist family ) they always have the shiniest trucks and trailers. Kind of scary.
And Dayton is expanding. Fairly agressively. They have or are opening terminals in Tennessee to have full coverage in that fast growing state.
Many drivers at sefl have asked me what I’ve heard about Dayton and whether they would be a good move.
Compensation would be similar.
Equipment better from what I hear
Respect for drivers/fair treatment is the upgrade.

And Dayton is expanding. Fairly agressively. They have or are opening terminals in Tennessee to have full coverage in that fast growing state.
Many drivers at sefl have asked me what I’ve heard about Dayton and whether they would be a good move.
Compensation would be similar.
Equipment better from what I hear
Respect for drivers/fair treatment is the upgrade.
Sefl gives lip service to respect and fair treatment/ honoring seniority, but in practice only the SCs with a manger with those principles puts it into practice. We have hired too many kids straight outta college with no respect for people or freight knowledge to maintain the culture sefl used to be known for. They are ruining our company. It’s still better than many from I read about here and get from drivers I meet, but the future trajectory has us tracking negative in regard to our culture. How can we maintain our company values when leadership positions change hands faster than the hottest girl at a 50’s dance?

I made $400 last night. I could care less about about what's going on at SEFL or any other carrier for that matter. My matrix says I will make another $400 tonight. As bad as things may seem my paychecks don't lie.

I made $400 last night. I could care less about about what's going on at SEFL or any other carrier for that matter. My matrix says I will make another $400 tonight. As bad as things may seem my paychecks don't lie.
I can respect your attitude... 'cause I feel the same way. It is all doom and gloom for so many here but I smile every time my paycheck hits the bank.

I can respect your attitude... 'cause I feel the same way. It is all doom and gloom for so many here but I smile every time my paycheck hits the bank.

That paycheck is all we got left. It's nice. But at this point, if they are going to take something. Well.... it's all we got left.

I watch 6 of our guys take voluntary layoff while our freight is sent out on purchased transportation, and I've also seen several dock workers laid off. Glad your check clears though.

I watch 6 of our guys take voluntary layoff while our freight is sent out on purchased transportation, and I've also seen several dock workers laid off. Glad your check clears though.
I am sorry to hear that and now looking at my last post I come off like a jack ass. I don't mean to and I hope your people come back soon.

So I guess this thread is the new Teamsters recruiting zone...

HJTjQij.png

Status
Not open for further replies.