XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch 6 of our guys take voluntary layoff while our freight is sent out on purchased transportation, and I've also seen several dock workers laid off. Glad your check clears though.
Clears every week. Got a raise coming soon. Feel sure it too will clear. If people take a voluntary layoff than good for them. I hope they enjoy the free time. As far as dock workers being laid off it's much better them than a driver. I say to them adios.

Classy.
I would hope you have the same sentiment when it comes your way.[

Let's do a little fact check. I said my check from XPO does not bounce. Truth and classy. I said I, a XPO employee, am getting a raise in pay. Truth and classy. I said for those taking a voluntary leave that I wish them well and hope they enjoy their free time. Truth and classy. I said if a dock hand is going to be fired better him than a driver. Truth. OOPS. Now I understand how you got your knickers in a twit. I did not show how much I care about the plight of the poor dock hand. How about this, when your TM announces some dock workers will be laid off you stand up and demand that you must give up your job so one single dock worker below you can keep theirs. Prove that you really care with action instead of snarky words thrown out towards me. Give up your job for another worker and I will pay attention to the crap you post in this forum. Otherwise all i see is a lot of empty bloviating. Caring without action is empty. Truth and classy.

Buster brown delivery drivers are at $36.18 . I would dare say feeder drivers are $37 or damn close . That is good money driver ! Especially when you add in the Benes ! Closer to 45-50
Busters time and a half 55 bucks an hour thats like union plumbers pay like 30 years ago when us truckers made the same as tradesmen somehow they blew us away

$400 for 14 hours is $28.57 per hour. Pretty good money in my eyes. Show me the money! Couple of grand a week is pretty good for an unskilled laborer.
I log 54hrs last week and my pay brook down to $31.58 per hour. Were I'm at on the LH seniority list the shorter runs pay me more per hour then the long one. Plus I'm either number 1 or 2 going there and not the bottom guy. On the longer ones I see more traffic and work longer.

I log 54hrs last week and my pay brook down to $31.58 per hour. Were I'm at on the LH seniority list the shorter runs pay me more per hour then the long one. Plus I'm either number 1 or 2 going there and not the bottom guy. On the longer ones I see more traffic and work longer.
I do the same thing, I put the runs where I can be first out highest over some longer ones where I will be last. Being last means you get stuck holding the bag after everyone else has already turned around towards home.

We got our speech about the new New England speeding rules.

Guy throws his hands up and asks, "When the hell do we get a say in this crap?"

Guy was a 'No' during organizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.