XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted FB link to the XPO exposed and the Teamster link. That had to do with What's going on with XPO. And you took all of them off.
I thought this thread was about the union and XPO??
If you don't like the union then urgue you're point of view. But if you don't want to have 2 side's of the story just say union talk is not allowed. So we don't bother you.

XPO worker's are taking action to make a better life.
Which everone will benefit from just like when Texa's and Miami asked for representation and monst got a big bump in their check's.
This people are taking action.and people should know about it

XPO worker's are taking action to make a better life.
Which everone will benefit from just like when Texa's and Miami asked for representation and monst got a big bump in their check's.
This people are taking action.and people should know about it
Then let members join the page and post.

I posted FB link to the XPO exposed and the Teamster link. That had to do with What's going on with XPO. And you took all of them off.
If you don't like the union then urgue you're point of view. But if you don't want to have 2 side's of the story just say union talk is not allowed. So we don't bother you.
The link you posted is from a teamsters page. Not very two sided. That said, repost it for members to see.

http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/...oad-organizing-push-into-global-supply-chain/

In Jacobs, Farmer and the Teamsters are facing an implacable foe. Jacobs told an industry conference earlier this week in Long Beach that he doesn't "believe in the Teamsters," adding that he sees no value in what the union could bring to XPO or its workers. At XPO, "99.5 percent (of the company) is union-free, and will likely remain union-free," he said.

Jacobs' wrath that day appeared to center on the protests by about 100 people outside the convention center where he made the keynote presentation. Jacobs contrasted the Teamsters' raucousness with the "cordial relationship" he said that XPO enjoys with its workers councils in Europe, which he said behave in a respectful manner toward management.

XPO and the Teamsters are likely to see more of each other. XPO's less-than-truckload (LTL) workers, virtually all of whom were former employees of Con-Way Freight, the LTL unit of parent Con-Way Inc. that XPO bought in September 2015, have voted to accept Teamster representation at terminals in Miami; North Haven, Conn.; and Philadelphia. XPO has accepted the election results in those cities, but there are no contracts in place at any of them. The Teamsters also won elections at facilities in Los Angeles; Laredo, Texas; and Aurora, Ill. a Chicago suburb; however, XPO has filed objections, and the results have yet to be certified. The company prevailed in petitions filed for representation in Birmingham, Ala., and West Chester, Pa., about 30 miles west of Philadelphia.

sGw9Zlw.jpg

:bgroovy:

We done have!!! LOL

It's the biggest threat to the union movement. All a driver has gotta do is fill out an application. Or spend the next however many years trying to get something he might likely not ever see. Seems a no brainer. As you mentioned. Many have figured it out. Several a week around here. So and so out of whatever barn up and quit, said he got his phone call. Pretty common any more.

Interest in the topic is not the same as interest in a particular outcome. There's no way to know how many of those views are people who even work for XPO LTL. I'm sure plenty of them are just watching the show with a big tub of popcorn.

Choosing not to voice your opinion is still an opinion- it means you don't care enough to join the conversation, and that's okay. Supporting the company and supporting the union are both good ways to be unpopular.

The fact is, talk is cheap. You just have to look at what people are doing. Most of us seem to be content with what we have because we're not leaving and we're not signing up to be Teamsters. The longer the campaign goes, the more ridiculous it becomes to assume that there is a silent army of the oppressed too terrified to join the movement.

It's a silent army looking to fall into new ranks. All anyone is doing is leaving. And if you aren't directly linked to that person you never hear anything about it.

And then the " freight guru " thread disappeared. Wasn't anything there to get upset about. And poof. Gone. You think you might start to think about things ?

Freight guru was removed by smoke. He was spamming every page with his blog posts.

Couldn't care less. Nice to know. Thank you for sharing. But my point to Stand4afuture would be.... you don't own the site or it's content. Even the stuff you post is being posted on someone else's ::shit::. If he would want 100% control of a message board he can go start his own. The people running this site will do what is in their best interest. Most times it's common sense and easy to understand. Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense. That's the way it goes.

Couldn't care less. Nice to know. Thank you for sharing. But my point to Stand4afuture would be.... you don't own the site or it's content. Even the stuff you post is being posted on someone else's :::shit:::. If he would want 100% control of a message board he can go start his own. The people running this site will do what is in their best interest. Most times it's common sense and easy to understand. Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense. That's the way it goes.
I been on those other sites and some don't want to hear the other side at all and if your read the web master has say on what gets posted. I have sent post call him a chicken ::shit:: and scared to hear the truth and still no reply. The site is change Conway/XPO to win.

Well that FB page is one sided and I have viewed and read it. For some of us we don't have FB accounts.

Just remember driverless truck don't back in docks, tailgate freight, sort and seg or hook and drop trailers. I know they are testing it but what company what the liability of an 40 ton vehicle going out of control
Do you really think a driverless truck couldn't blindside into an alley as good or better than a person? The technology to unload, drop and hook equipment is already here, if you think you're indispensable, as soon as it becomes cost effective you and many others will be out work.

Just shows the lack of respect and importance Jacobs puts on his employees when he threatens to replace drivers with automated trucks. Good luck with that. Spoken like a true temporary Investor.
If I were driving a production truck around in circles on private property in a coal mine or something like that, I would be far more worried about autonomous trucks. It will come to the closed course environment long before it comes to public roads.

http://newatlas.com/komatsu-autonomous-truck-mining/45627/

Status
Not open for further replies.