XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been on those other sites and some don't want to hear the other side at all and if your read the web master has say on what gets posted. I have sent post call him a chicken :::shit::: and scared to hear the truth and still no reply. The site is change Conway/XPO to win.

This site does a very good job of letting everyone run their mouths and hash it out. But this is a trucking site. Not a us versus them site. If these guys had wanted to pick sides.... they have had plenty of chances to do that. It would have probably been a whole lot easier for them. Hard to have long winded arguments if you only publish one side.

Last edited:
Just shows the lack of respect and importance Jacobs puts on his employees when he threatens to replace drivers with automated trucks. Good luck with that. Spoken like a true temporary Investor.

It wasn't a threat. It's his simple stated intention. He wants XPO to invest in technology. And reduce it's investment in people.

People are expensive. Make mistakes as well. Once the technology exists that makes mistakes at a rate equal to living breathing drivers. Then it's a no brainer from the companies stand point.

Obviously. The trucks still need hooked and fueled and maintained. And there are hand unloads and so on.

But as far as sending a 53 footer from Phili to Phoenix ? Even if the truck runs 55 mph. It doesn't need to stop three times for 10 hours rest. Saving 30 hours on the trip. The computer driven truck will get there much more quickly.

Do you really think a driverless truck couldn't blindside into an alley as good or better than a person? The technology to unload, drop and hook equipment is already here, if you think you're indispensable, as soon as it becomes cost effective you and many others will be out work.

Exactly. Makes me wonder if we will see an end to sets. Does the computer only pull 53s ?

It wasn't a threat. It's his simple stated intention. He wants XPO to invest in technology. And reduce it's investment in people.

People are expensive. Make mistakes as well. Once the technology exists that makes mistakes at a rate equal to living breathing drivers. Then it's a no brainer from the companies stand point.

Obviously. The trucks still need hooked and fueled and maintained. And there are hand unloads and so on.

But as far as sending a 53 footer from Phili to Phoenix ? Even if the truck runs 55 mph. It doesn't need to stop three times for 10 hours rest. Saving 30 hours on the trip. The computer driven truck will get there much more quickly.
It wasn't the context of his statement it was the situation of where he made the statement and targeted towards his employee's in response to a protest. There is no doubt that at some point in the future automated trucks will have some impact on jobs in the trucking industry. If you want to let it be held as a threat to continue to stagnate are compensation go ahead and let him . Jacobs will be happy to obliged you.

It wasn't the context of his statement it was the situation of where he made the statement and targeted towards his employee's in response to a protest. There is no doubt that at some point in the future automated trucks will have some impact on jobs in the trucking industry. If you want to let it be held as a threat to continue to stagnate are compensation go ahead and let him . Jacobs will be happy to obliged you.
So what would you say if it was your kids stand out in the yard call you greedy because you did give them a raise in there allowance. but you got one at work

And there is nothing any union can do about it. Exhibit A: The UAW.

I don't think they'll be doing autonomous P&D by the time I retire, but OTR lanes? I absolutely believe that.

It wasn't the context of his statement it was the situation of where he made the statement and targeted towards his employee's in response to a protest.

Very few of those people protesting were XPO employees, and most of us agree with Jacobs. What he said was not shocking- he's never been coy about his feelings regarding the Teamsters and only the most hardcore ostriches are ignorant of the progress toward autonomous trucks.

And really, what was he going to say? A crowd of people with megaphones came barging into a convention where he was speaking, shouting "Shame on Jacobs" and holding signs protesting "XPO greed". It's kinda funny to watch them spin him as the jerk in that situation.

Very few of those people protesting were XPO employees, and most of us agree with Jacobs. What he said was not shocking- he's never been coy about his feelings regarding the Teamsters and only the most hardcore ostriches are ignorant of the progress toward autonomous trucks.

And really, what was he going to say? A crowd of people with megaphones came barging into a convention where he was speaking, shouting "Shame on Jacobs" and holding signs protesting "XPO greed". It's kinda funny to watch them spin him as the jerk in that situation.
Greed???? So what was Hoffa's pay last year along with all the top officials in the teamster org. They want to talk about greed they might want to look at themselves first.

Greed???? So what was Hoffa's pay last year along with all the top officials in the teamster org. They want to talk about greed they might want to look at themselves first.
Here I found a 2015 report
Hoffa Total Compensation was $387,244 for the year 2015.
here a link to show the rest: https://www.unionfacts.com/employees/Teamsters

Xwc has officially filed objections to the vote due too unfair practices by the company that occurred just prior to the vote.

Hadn't checked up on this in a while- and turns out the tie vote was certified on February 23rd. https://www.nlrb.gov/case/04-RC-190406

There's no doubt that things were said or done that were illegal by the company.

Looks like there was plenty of doubt. Maybe you should have been at the hearing- they could have used the help.

And there is nothing any union can do about it. Exhibit A: The UAW.

I don't think they'll be doing autonomous P&D by the time I retire, but OTR lanes? I absolutely believe that.

I agree. Autonomous bulk deliveries I can even see. Walmart and Target of the world and so on. Where they will be all set up for it themselves. But as far as peddle runs ? Still gonna need a face to greet that customer and pro the freight.

But that's what we are really talking about. It's not that truck drivers will be eliminated by the computers. It's that there will be less jobs out there available to truckers.

sucker666 has his agenda. Jacobs certainly isn't a choir boy.

Would have been sweet if Jacobs would have addressed the crowd with something clever. 4th quarter was amazing or XPO will be even more successful this year than last. And then move to another location. It's hard to come away from something like that and not look like an idiot no matter what you say. But it would have been great if he'd have shown a little moxie there.

Status
Not open for further replies.