XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes just like the union tells the truth 100% of the time
That is true as well, but isn't it funny that a company will spend so much money to keep a 3rd party organization out "for YOUR best interests?" That's all we keep hearing is that it is for us.
We sometimes act like this company is perfect and we've never had concessions. No company is perfect, not even close. Some do try harder than others but I don't think this one does.

Its hard for people who haven't been with the company 20+ years to understand how we were compensated back when we had a sister company that was a union carrier. The company ( Con-way) at the time felt the need to one up the union Carrier in every aspect of compensation. When that company was spun off and we were separate was when the deterioration of are compensation package started .It's a shame had the company maintained their mind set past that point of time they would not have the discontent (excaserorbated by xpo and it lack of engagement )of employees they are now facing .

We can't forget that Conway followed suit very close to the YRC givebacks. In my opinion, we lost more the the union boys ever dreamed of when we weren't even in financial distress.
A lot of people conveniently forget about are give back for couple years there and the kicker was that we were not in finically distress . Talk about taking advantage of an opportunity.

Its hard for people who haven't been with the company 20+ years to understand how we were compensated back when we had a sister company that was a union carrier. The company ( Con-way) at the time felt the need to one up the union Carrier in every aspect of compensation. When that company was spun off and we were separate was when the deterioration of are compensation package started .It's a shame had the company maintained their mind set past that point of time they would not have the discontent (excaserorbated by xpo and it lack of engagement )of employees they are now facing .

There's some truth to that, but remember, CF withered on the vine after the spin off. We're still here.

We can't forget that Conway followed suit very close to the YRC givebacks. In my opinion, we lost more the the union boys ever dreamed of when we weren't even in financial distress.
They took away because Doug and john needed to match all the other companies CEO'S compensation.
Also they really needed a race truck and NASCAR to bring in more business..
Unlike us the one's who maintained a strong business etiquette and made Con-way a top LTL. We were making to much money and had to much in benefit coverage...
Oooh crap i the smoke coming!!!!... I got goooo!!

There's some truth to that, but remember, CF withered on the vine after the spin off. We're still here.
Cf was spun off just to do what you said Wither on the vine if you don't think that was a long term plan than I got some swamp property for you to buy.(no offense intended) Just look at the day they chose to close the doors .. Labor Day . You can not by law put a union company out of business and at the same time start a non union carrier that does the same thing you have to spin it to look like your starting regional carriers that do something different. In the end we do basically the same thing Cf did and operate under one name but with no union. It's that simple.

They took away because Doug and john needed to match all the other companies CEO'S compensation.
Also they really needed a race truck and NASCAR to bring in more business..
Unlike us the one's who maintained a strong business etiquette and made Con-way a top LTL. We were making to much money and had to much in benefit coverage...
Oooh crap i the smoke coming!!!!... I got goooo!!
Don't forget we had to buy cfi

Don't forget we had to buy cfi
Yeah how about that ... at the same time they couldn't afford a pension for us they spent 750 million for them. That was in 2007 and in 2008 they were in such dire financial straits that they needed a giveback front the employees. If would have been a union carrier back then they could of blame it on the union.
Don't get me started I feel my blood pressure rising...

Status
Not open for further replies.