XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet You show up and pat the :::shit::: ass managers on the back because i'm sure if you cry and whinne enough you'll get your XM radio.
Oh boy. For one I don't have a radio in the truck I drive.
In all my years of driving truck the biggest whinners and criers were the union members and yes I was in union shops. I never saw the biggest bunch of babies in my life. They would even bitch if the a/c was to cold.
I would like to know how much thw union carriers save by not putting radios in their trucks??? I know they didn't have them in years ago because the union member would steal them.

Oh boy. For one I don't have a radio in the truck I drive.
In all my years of driving truck the biggest whinners and criers were the union members and yes I was in union shops. I never saw the biggest bunch of babies in my life. They would even bitch if the a/c was to cold.
I would like to know how much thw union carriers save by not putting radios in their trucks??? I know they didn't have them in years ago because the union member would steal them.
If you don't have a radio that means 1 of 4 thing's. Either your management.a newbie driving a sterling or you stole the radio. Since union members are thieves and you did say you were a union member. As for union driver complaining about stuff not working on a tractor. if it's in a contract then it should be taken care off. Some of you here at this company complain because your truck didn't say XPO.

If you don't have a radio that means 1 of 4 thing's. Either your management.a newbie driving a sterling or you stole the radio. Since union members are thieves and you did say you were a union member. As for union driver complaining about stuff not working on a tractor. if it's in a contract then it should be taken care off. Some of you here at this company complain because your truck didn't say XPO.
Well you got one right I drive a sterling. I not a newbie or management and why would I steal a radio I can afford all the radios I want. So everything has to be In a contract. How about the simple fact of doing your job. My job is to pre and post trip and write up all the defects. Your job is to fix it. So I write it up take it to the shop. The problem is either no can read, like engine has a code, or they just don't care.

Let me correct I drive what they give me as long a it is safe and legal to runs so its about 90% sterlings are what I drive

Depending on where he's out of, I've seen 10 and 15 year guys drive Sterling's out of some of the smaller terminals. They don't have a lot of cascadias because they don't put as many miles on them as the larger terminals. At least that's how they justify it by saying the new trucks need to stay on the road so they can depreciate them for tax reasons

Stand up against what...the prospect of having defined work rules and benefit packages

Yeah, and unicorns, and Santa Claus, and leprechauns, and congressional bipartisanship, too.

If you and your band of merry men actually thought you were going to get any of that stuff, I've got some landlocked oceanfront property in the southwest and an old bridge in NYC you might be interested in.

Sweet lemonade or.... Testing out their gag reflex
I freely accept your right to hate your job and be miserable here. I don't call you a union d!¢k licker.
If some of us enjoy our job and don't happen to think we are getting butt ***** every day why the name calling.
It just proves to me that you are either intellectually challenged and lacking any depth of thought or knowledge or just myopic. All of you pro union guys please look at the Teamsters and see what they have already done and allowed to be done to their current members. They are getting the shaft too. They allowed YRCW to cut the pension payments to the funds. They took the livelyhood of their most vulnerable members(the already retired) and threw them to the wolves. Is that an organization you want to be a part of? I know a few guys will get on here and say "you don't have too join a pension" or "my fund is fully funded" but what about those that aren't? They didn't care. Now they are begging Uncle Sam to bail them out. Just think. Do we have problems here? Of course. But if you think the brotherhood is going to care about you after you're not paying dues you're kidding yourself. They've already proved they won't

Last edited:
I freely accept your right to hate your job and be miserable here. I don't call you a union d!¢k licker.
If some of us enjoy our job and don't happen to think we are getting butt ***** every day why the name calling.
It just proves to me that you are either intellectually challenged and lacking any depth of thought or knowledge or just myopic. All of you pro union guys please look at the Teamsters and see what they have already done and allowed to be done to their current members. They are getting the shaft too. They allowed YRCW to cut the pension payments to the funds. They took the livelyhood of their most vulnerable members(the already retired) and threw them to the wolves. Is that an organization you want to be a part of? I know a few guys will get on here and say "you don't have too join a pension" or "my fund is fully funded" but what about those that aren't? They didn't care. Now they are begging Uncle Sam to bail them out. Just think. Do we have problems here? Of course. But if you think the brotherhood is going to care about you after you're not paying dues you're kidding yourself. They've already proved they won't
Teamster is just a brand.Try the machinist union or the lollipop union.just get in one and enjoy some freedom.

Yes I was in a union shop years ago. That was back in my young and dumb days. I gotten smarter since then and know that join a union is like investing in a VCR company

That what they do when they can't win a discussion they turn to name calling.

That what they do when they can't win a discussion they turn to name calling.

In all my years of driving truck the biggest whinners and criers were the union members and yes I was in union shops. I never saw the biggest bunch of babies in my life. They would even bitch if the a/cwas to cold.

Didn't you just write that? Hmmm

In all my years of driving truck the biggest whinners and criers were the union members and yes I was in union shops. I never saw the biggest bunch of babies in my life. They would even bitch if the a/cwas to cold.

Didn't you just write that? Hmmm
Yep I did

Sad but true. It's a war of broken promises and misleading false statements out there now, pitting union vs. non-union. The union may well be gone in the freight business at some point in the next 10 years or so, but that's when all bets are off as to what the non-union companies do with their employees. With no union pay scale, benefits or contracts to use as a standard to base non-union pay and benefits on, look for the non-union companies to take full advantage of it by dropping both pay and benefits. It will become a "sellers market", with the companies holding all the cards. The "buyers" will be drivers and dock workers available at a dime a dozen, willing to work for anything. Just look at what most of the big truckload companies like JB Hunt, Celadon, Werner, Barr- Nunn, Swift, Heartland, Crete Carrier and USA Truck are doing. They are paying low wages, abusing home time, no such thing as seniority and hiring just about anybody that can hold a steering wheel. Some drivers are now being hired that ca't even speak English. They even run their own "truck driver training schools" as a source of revenue for the company, charging thousands of dollars for the "training" of gullible good people just trying to get a good job. These companies are "blood suckers" preying on good people just trying to get some training with the false promise of a guaranteed job. Once the "contract" is signed, the company has no obligation to even keep you as a driver, yet the money must be paid.
Look for the same thing to happen in ALL areas of trucking once the Teamster pay and working standards are gone completely.
I know full well that the Teamster Freight Division members are now going through bad times, thanks to bad management and poor leadership at certain companies, the CSPF and the IBT. If Teamster influence, pay and contract demands disappear as a "yard stick" to use by even non-union freight companies to set their own compensation packages, pay and benefits will drop for everybody in the freight business. Companies will pay no more than necessary and they are OK with hiring the least qualified to continue to keep new hire pay low. Driver "turnover" is not a problem since so many are willing to work for pennies - at least until they figure out they're getting screwed. When the DO quit, there's a hundred more standing in line to take their job. It's an endless circle and the companies love it. With no more union, they will be free to keep hiring and firing at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.