XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just around the corner from you and the last time they ( the union ) was outside our barn , someone told the terminal manager and he went outside to say hi and ask what's up - friendly like - and they TOOK OFF!!! Like he had a gun or something ( he just went out to speak and make sure they weren't on the property )

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
You know they probably took off because if the manager tripped and hurt himself on the way over. the Teamster's would have gotten blamed for being thug's and abusive. Because like most of you have pointed out the Teamster's the the root of all evil. They are the scumm of the earth.. I tell YOU!!!

Union's have lost there goals and way in life ,they first goals is to make money for the union period.......... never ever has union given out a free Cap or T-shirt or a Xmas present to it's members that pay there salary ! nothing never ever free from union to it's members...........

Tell me if this is happening at your SIC. Drivers with bids are having their start times pushed forward because of poor freight flow from FAC's While I understand this practice, I would discourage the company from doing it because one of the things drivers hate the most is uncertainty. Employee loyalty is hard to come by these days and drivers who have some years in with the company have earned their bid and it should be respected regardless of freight flow. Keep this up XPO brass and it's likely you will get more unions at more service centers demanding more work rules.

Tell me if this is happening at your SIC. Drivers with bids are having their start times pushed forward because of poor freight flow from FAC's While I understand this practice, I would discourage the company from doing it because one of the things drivers hate the most is uncertainty. Employee loyalty is hard to come by these days and drivers who have some years in with the company have earned their bid and it should be respected regardless of freight flow. Keep this up XPO brass and it's likely you will get more unions at more service centers demanding more work rules.
We were told two weeks ago at the fac, 3:30 hard cut time. Anything not loaded gets left behind. Because of the incoming e-logs. Lasted two days for us. Then customers bitching, AE's bitching.... someone has to grow a pair in this company. Hold the terminals causing the late arrivals to account.

We were told two weeks ago at the fac, 3:30 hard cut time. Anything not loaded gets left behind. Because of the incoming e-logs. Lasted two days for us. Then customers bitching, AE's bitching.... someone has to grow a pair in this company. Hold the terminals causing the late arrivals to account.
Never a more accurate statement made. Same terminals, same drivers. then you get the double headed anaconda when you get a bad terminal with a driver that will not even attempt to make his run time

The one thing the union can not tell the employer is what start times they will have. Also the company reserve the right to cancel and adjust the start times as it sees fit. I been there we would bid and then the warehouse would change load time. Then it started shifts getting canceled and the bump down starts by the time it was all said and done you could be starting 3hrs late then when you first bid

We had late departure at my barn last night when I show up there were 4 lifts sitting. Its time for the boss to reach down and grab a pair and force these city guys to work late.

It also suck when you get to the FAC and they have no empties for you to load your freight to so then you dock the freight and just makes it hard on everyone.

We had late departure at my barn last night when I show up there were 4 lifts sitting. Its time for the boss to reach down and grab a pair and force these city guys to work late.
Only four lifts sitting. The other night at my barn when I got in there were seven motor sitting empty. Got to leave two hours late. And the worst part was the TM was there that night because we have the e-log roll out.

How can you make any money docking freight like that? You increase the transit time to much, & you can kiss you customer good by. Not to mention more damage & expense to dock & re-load. von.
It's against the law for me. I operate under very strict guidelines on what I can and can't do in the states.

The one thing the union can not tell the employer is what start times they will have. Also the company reserve the right to cancel and adjust the start times as it sees fit. I been there we would bid and then the warehouse would change load time. Then it started shifts getting canceled and the bump down starts by the time it was all said and done you could be starting 3hrs late then when you first bid
That's a bummer and since that's the case, then I don't really see much other use for a union at my shop.

How can you make any money docking freight like that? You increase the transit time to much, & you can kiss you customer good by. Not to mention more damage & expense to dock & re-load. von.
Von, I have a questions for you and any other present and past Union member.
How many of you write off your Union dues on your taxe's?? And what do you get or will get when you retire from a union location?
We at UOA had a meeting with the regional HR guy and i asked him. What do we get when we retire from XPO. His answer was, NOTHING. You get a pay check now you better manage your money now. So you work your life away for people who want you to work your ass(life) off and all you get is old and broke.

Von, I have a questions for you and any other present and past Union member.
How many of you write off your Union dues on your taxe's?? And what do you get or will get when you retire from a union location?
We at UOA had a meeting with the regional HR guy and i asked him. What do we get when we retire from XPO. His answer was, NOTHING. You get a pay check now you better manage your money now. So you work your life away for people who want you to work your ass(life) off and all you get is old and broke.
Well these guys worked there ass of and were promised a pension.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...out-money-expert-warns-pension-tsunami-coming.
What do you think will happen if the teamsters have a pension run. A pension run is when lot of eligible people call of a complete pay out of their pension. Just look at the city employees in Dallas, and Chicago. This is the one main reason the Teamster's are after XPO they are running out of pension money. What make you think they will be any for you when you retire those in the article thought there would. If you stop buying that over priced Starbucks everyday and invested that how much would you have in 20yrs and the best part it all yours

That's a bummer and since that's the case, then I don't really see much other use for a union at my shop.
Just thought I put that out there. Since most union contract state that a certain percentage will have a start time when there is a layoff that percentage stay the same. You could go from start time to flex board. I know a guy at UPS freight that it happens to every year. When they layoff start time change if only for a few months.
So what work rules is the union promising you that they can't guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.