XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gbrgPtU.jpg

While I think there pension being well funded is a great thing it's unfortunately a double edge sword in this SPECIFIC case. Republican led law makers pushed for that EXCESSIVELY long term of funding to undercut the financial viability of the post office in hopes of putting the post office out of business so they could privatize them. This is one of those cases where you have to do the research and get the full story. The devil is in the details. If you look at it for its face value it seems like it's a great thing but unfortunately this is how Republicans work these days to undermine what's good for the workers.
What good for the worker now that funny. Here read the on how well the democrats are doing. They are saying the biggest problem is the pension system.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/28/high-tax-connecticut-facing-new-budget-mess.html

One thing i realized coming on here. Is that i guess most of you driver's are millionaires since most of you know how to manage and invest your money on wall street. I wouldn't doubt if some of you are neighbors to Bradley.
But i have a question for you 666...and you don't have to reply to it.
But I'm just wondering if your location was the one that's standing in support to the L.A Port worker's and dock worker's.?
I've seen the pic's of LTL driver's supporting the worker's.just like the one's in Europe..
Well i hope more people stand up and support every worker that's trying to make a decent living. Because Bradley and his neighbors aren't going to give up anything but scarps.
It's a poor man's struggle and a rich man's heaven... (Pebble in hand).

Yes we are behind them 100% . Although we did not participate in any job actions . All the drivers at our barn were aware of the action and its reasoning.

If anyone wants to know what going on at specific locations with Xpo and the union or the status of ulp's filed against Xpo you can go to the nlrB. Gov home page go to information and tap case search and enter Xpo and tap the search button. There are currently 13 pages of actions taken.

That sounded like a lot, so I finally got around to taking a look for myself.

There are actually only 7 pages of cases(not actions) returned by that search. There are only 67 cases total (10 per page), and at least 14 of those aren't even XPO LTL, they're cartage/drayage/supply chain.

Then you take out the 10 cases that are elections, and you've got 43 ULP cases for LTL.

So out of the 43 ULPs, 28 of them are still open and almost all are at "Yes" barns. Nothing has been proven in those yet- and we all know how easy it is to file a ULP, so you can't really say there were "actions taken" there either.

So now we're down to 15 closed ULPs. Anyone want to guess how many of those resulted in a settlement or an official complaint being issued by the NLRB? That's right, zero. All 15 were either withdrawn or dismissed.

Sounds like XPO is playing fair and the locals specialize in bulls***. It's a PR game- file a bunch of ULPs and hope something sticks, and if it doesn't, hey, look at how many we filed!

That sounded like a lot, so I finally got around to taking a look for myself.

There are actually only 7 pages of cases(not actions) returned by that search. There are only 67 cases total (10 per page), and at least 14 of those aren't even XPO LTL, they're cartage/drayage/supply chain.

Then you take out the 10 cases that are elections, and you've got 43 ULP cases for LTL.

So out of the 43 ULPs, 28 of them are still open and almost all are at "Yes" barns. Nothing has been proven in those yet- and we all know how easy it is to file a ULP, so you can't really say there were "actions taken" there either.

So now we're down to 15 closed ULPs. Anyone want to guess how many of those resulted in a settlement or an official complaint being issued by the NLRB? That's right, zero. All 15 were either withdrawn or dismissed.

Sounds like XPO is playing fair and the locals specialize in bulls***. It's a PR game- file a bunch of ULPs and hope something sticks, and if it doesn't, hey, look at how many we filed!
To be fair , let's say all of your numbers are correct. You say it shows that XPO is "playing fair" - that's one way to view things.

Could be that this proves that XPO ( or most major multinational corporations that have lobbyist , law firms , and tons of money ) has an inherent advantage over unions and individual workers.

Could be that this proves that XPO ( or most major multinational corporations that have lobbyist , law firms , and tons of money ) has an inherent advantage over unions and individual workers.

Depends, really. It's hard to tell without knowing the details of each charge, and the case largely depends on the employee filing it. Fair doesn't mean you can't lose. But if you listen to the rhetoric and the accusations put out by the union and its supporters, I think you'd expect much better numbers than 0 for 43.

It's called a vote
Speaking of votes. Fedex Freight in Charlotte NC voted the Teamsters union out last night by an overwhelming majority. After almost 3 years of empty promises from the union and still no contract. And after actually not getting enhanced benefits that the non union terminals were receiving the drivers have spoken. Hope you guys make the right decision at XPO as well. Good luck.

What is that, a bribe?
No bribe. Just the drivers realizing that with no bargaining power the company didn't have to even give what the non union centers got. With only 4 terminals, now 3 after the decertification vote there was no leverage. Any new benefits not in place have to be bargained for and are not automatic for the union barns. By the way EPH our terminal in Philadelphia is next up for a decertification vote on July 19. Those drivers have come to their senses as well.

No bribe. Just the drivers realizing that with no bargaining power the company didn't have to even give what the non union centers got. With only 4 terminals, now 3 after the decertification vote there was no leverage. Any new benefits not in place have to be bargained for and are not automatic for the union barns. By the way EPH our terminal in Philadelphia is next up for a decertification vote on July 19. Those drivers have come to their senses as well.
Sounds like a bribe to me. Every service center gets more pay etc except the organized terminals. After our first terminal organized we got a huge raise, no such raises for Laredo and Miami I am guessing. It did not work here, more terminals organized. I will bet you a soda more terminals organize before one of ours decerts.

Sounds like a bribe to me. Every service center gets more pay etc except the organized terminals. After our first terminal organized we got a huge raise, no such raises for Laredo and Miami I am guessing. It did not work here, more terminals organized. I will bet you a soda more terminals organize before one of ours decerts.
You did noticed he said no bargaining power. So basically that's saying the employee's didn't support each other(due to enforcing event's). But now i'm wondering if they're under full company bargain, How will they get anything else? Or is Fedex one of those great working places that if the company is making money the employee's also reap the benefits? I mean ,look at us we're reaping the benefits of XPO stock tripling.

Speaking of votes. Fedex Freight in Charlotte NC voted the Teamsters union out last night by an overwhelming majority. After almost 3 years of empty promises from the union and still no contract. And after actually not getting enhanced benefits that the non union terminals were receiving the drivers have spoken. Hope you guys make the right decision at XPO as well. Good luck.
Company has more time and money to drag process out. The weak will fold obviously Rome wasn't built in 3 years obviously a company so anti wasn't gonna cave either. Simple minded only see short term and not long term, but good luck to you guys.

In the time where millions of working class people were duped into voting for a 1 percenter on false promises it is not surprising that a company would drag bargaining out for so long as to disenfranchise its employees into the same. These decertification votes are excactly what the company are striving for in their tactics. It by no means reflects on the broken promises the union makes. We know from the beginning that this was the company's strategy. They ride the edge of what is legal to reach this goal. Hell, you even have company shills on this very forum that tell us so.
Nothing in life that has any gain comes without risk and to sit back and allow a company to bully you into submission is just pittiful . What Fedex did is in it's self being dishonest with its employees. I wish those Fedex drivers that voted nothing but the best and I hope their future employment is gainful.
If things were so great at these employers people would not be leaving in droves and potential new hires would not be a problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.