XPO | XPO -vs- CONWAY

Someone has to haul the freight. When one company shuts down, the others will be hiring. The color of a person's uniform makes no difference. The bills will still get paid.

I agree with that.Everybody seems to forget we destroyed freight long before dockworks came into the picture!!!! I hope XPO can put a stop to the linehaul drivers who come into a reship and spend the night hunting down THEIR freight only . My new game is to take breakers with there freight on it open it up and walk away. You should hear the bitching then,it is so touching when it is not all about them.LOL
When I run I into drivers hunting, I like taking their freight and putting it outside my breaker. When they come to "help", when we get to the nose of the trailer, they say "my freight is all short". Then I "find" their freight on the dock!! I know, I know, I'm bad!!

When I run I into drivers hunting, I like taking their freight and putting it outside my breaker. When they come to "help", when we get to the nose of the trailer, they say "my freight is all short". Then I "find" their freight on the dock!! I know, I know, I'm bad!!
I thought I was the only one who did that! I like loading the freight on the trl and not scanning it till we get finished they work hard then go to say it is all short it magically appears to be loaded and closed! The break gets finished that way and then they learn not to mess with me in the egg hunt loading!!!

Also fun to have a friend hold it for a while. Maybe the guy loading your lane. Then go get it from him when you are nearly done and put it back in the trailer so the egg hunter can take it from the trailer none the wiser.

You guys seriously play games like that with each other?

I understand trying to teach someone a lesson to not be so selfish, but if it isn't explained to them and you just f with each other, they'll never get it. That situation will continue to perpetuate itself and create a culture of constant back-stabbing. Sounds like it already has. Maybe the new guys will recognize the problem and do something to prevent the egg-hunting and the retaliatory egg-hiding. Imagine how much lost productivity results from all those games.

You immature, this is work not a game people work for their famlies to support them and you are wasting their time. Grow up move the freight like a professional and go home to your own family.

I understand trying to teach someone a lesson to not be so selfish, but if it isn't explained to them and you just f with each other, they'll never get it. That situation will continue to perpetuate itself and create a culture of constant back-stabbing. Sounds like it already has. Maybe the new guys will recognize the problem and do something to prevent the egg-hunting and the retaliatory egg-hiding. Imagine how much lost productivity results from all those games.
I only do this with one or two drivers who grab their own freight and run all night. They will take a piece out of my breaker and dock it outside the door to find their piece. I have explained and been nice about it to no avail. These guys don't do any breakers, just go from door to door messing others up every night. I have also mentioned it to the FOS. You can guess how that worked out. So anyway, it's not like this happens nightly, but I do it when needed to make my point, and no, they still don't seem to get it.

I only do this with one or two drivers who grab their own freight and run all night. They will take a piece out of my breaker and dock it outside the door to find their piece. I have explained and been nice about it to no avail. These guys don't do any breakers, just go from door to door messing others up every night. I have also mentioned it to the FOS. You can guess how that worked out. So anyway, it's not like this happens nightly, but I do it when needed to make my point, and no, they still don't seem to get it.
100% right on We refer to these people as pieces of s--t. freightman68 ,coondogg this has nothing to do with being immature or playing games.This is what happens when a spineless management lets the people under them have a free rein . Just who do you think breaks all the freight while these a-- holes are picking for their freight and bulls--ting all night. Management wants us DSR'S to get more involved, this is how we as DSR'S get everybody to do their fair share. Of course a much better way to do things would be to get real management to do their job and get rid of the dead weight!!!! XPO we will see?

Go back to breaking your own trailers when you get there, loading your dock frt and scrounging up the rest of your frt then you leave. It was motivational for most. If you're busting your azz all night and leave the same time as some slug, how long does it take most people to turn into another slug!

No, I am not management or koolaidaholic. I was referring to the fact that there were roughly 20 other XPO threads including one with the same title as this one that was on the bottom of the page when this was started. Also, icuicp posted a very nice introduction for new members explaining that they should look at what's already started and add to existing topics. We really don't need two pages worth of threads that are all about XPO and Con-Way. That's all I was getting at!
Why do you care. You just didnt want to miss an opportunity to be an *******?

Not to mention the lost and misplaced freight due to docking and not scanning freight properly and headaches to customers....you know when something is reported all short it sends an email to the customer....but then again it's just a customer.

Not to mention the lost and misplaced freight due to docking and not scanning freight properly and headaches to customers....you know when something is reported all short it sends an email to the customer....but then again it's just a customer.

I ain't never done anything to interrupt service. But I have made a lazy ass work more than he wanted to. I am not sorry for it.

I never worry about what the other guy does. But when he affects my job security, which is what people that don't do their jobs do.
I don't mind letting them know... There are some people that would rather hide than work. It affects us all with lost customers...

But I have made a lazy ass work more than he wanted to. I am not sorry for it.
Nobody can make me do more than I want to...except me wench. :ranting2: I've been screwed, blued and tattooed by managers and I'm not sorry for not doing more. I used to do more and it was never enough.

I have 16 years invested in CONWAY. I started at the bottom and have paid my dues. I have worked as a team member with those I didn't always agree with or get along with. But, we were a team!! We collected all the freight we could in a day's work. We utilized every inch of outbound trailers, as best we could. We had no idea what load would hit that outbound dock, on a daily basis. But, we, as a team, got the job done!!! We did it with 4 or 5 dock "drivers" with much less damage to freight than we have now. Now, we employ dock workers. I have seen a few that are of good heart and get the job done, with pride. But, I am a firm believer that it takes, at least, two dock workers to efficiently achieve the mission of one driver. And, since implication of this program, freight damage has soared!!!! And, on the inbound side, because of lack of practical experience, delivery expedience has been compromised. This program, coupled with the "intern dispatcher" program, IMHO, have seriously compromised the efficiency of our delivery capabilities. "Making our numbers", as I understand it, gives management their bonus. Moving freight and making money gives the driver his or her bonus. IMHO, management has found a way to move less freight, and yet, get their bonus. At the end of the day, they **** us of our bonus. Space is waste? A program that only increases management's bonus and decreases our's because the resulting damage that occurs from it comes off the bottom line. Hey drivers, our bonus is calculated from the bottom line!!! Stoltar and his boys milked this company, ran it into the ground, for their own benefit!!! Our local leaders, regional/terminal managers, gave him the foundation he needed, through their weak character/leadership, to drive this company into the ground. I am now an inbound dock worker. Previous, I worked the outbound dock for 12 years. We packed every trailer high and tight, 125%,with much less damage than we see now. Some of us see very big tonnage drops. But, if you see what I do, management doesn't care about tonnage drops, damage or inefficient dispatching. They only care about the numbers. And, damage comes off the bottom line. Our bonus is based on the bottom line. Lower freight flow is easier to manage, easier to make the numbers. Space is waste. But, if warranted, without regard to damage, management makes their numbers and their bonus. The resulting damage goes to the bottom line and decreases our bonus. I welcome XPO. I hope they are more compassionate to their drivers: the people that get the job done!!
this guy is all about the money if he can sell us down the road and make a profit he will next wed. will be here soon be prepared its all wishy washy to me