XPO | XPO's plan after aquiring Conway.

I watched one of XPO's infomercials, on you tube the other day, and the pitch guy said that they have some kind of IT that was called ' proprietary dispatch',or something similar to that . in other words they have a utility patent on their dispatch software that nobody else can use, ( unless licensed by XPO),to move freight cheaper and more efficiently than anybody else doing it the old school way. they designed a special route for a client that cut out many, many miles for them. Wow these guys are good at what they do. i only hope they bring that same level of expertise to us when they take us over.
There is still one way there, one way back, traffic, line at the dock, shipment isn't ready (redderick), Bill isn't ready, we are running the last bit of product. Only so many ways to do city dispatch. Customers control our schedule. You can make a red dot look good on a screen, but the big truck is still sitting still in line. Lol

i still believe we all have a surprise wed the 14 th they cant even tell us what to wear we cant wear our conway blues we dont even know how we are being paid weekly bi weekly it all sucks alot of questions and no answers thanks mr Jacobs

i still believe we all have a surprise wed the 14 th they cant even tell us what to wear we cant wear our conway blues we dont even know how we are being paid weekly bi weekly it all sucks alot of questions and no answers thanks mr Jacobs
The surprise will be that everything will be the same as the day before. Same uniform, same tractor, same route. Paid the same amount on the same day. Nothing will change at all to start.

The surprise will be that everything will be the same as the day before. Same uniform, same tractor, same route. Paid the same amount on the same day. Nothing will change at all to start.
Yeah, were getting the same msg in passing as we come in from Linehaul. I'm not worried about whether or not I will be working. The chiefs at the terminals and Fac's are the ones to worry. We all worked before we got here and will continue after. I agree, being treated like mushrooms sucks.(fed s#%! and kept in the dark) quoting a colleague.

say bye to truckload we are first on the chopping block the lies start now (no changes for a year) yea sure i heard that one with my own ears

say bye to truckload we are first on the chopping block the lies start now (no changes for a year) yea sure i heard that one with my own ears

Man. I am sorry. It does make sense to sell the truckload, in my opinion. I hope you guys find a way to work it out. Maybe get your own truck and stay on with XPO.

Have you been sold yet? NO. You should resist the the instinct to panic and take a deep breath. Nothing has happend, its all just talk.

Not him as in himself, him as in his outfit.

Right. Truckload is in the process of becoming part of XPO. And possibly then sold again.

I'm just saying. There ain't a thing to do about it. One mile at a time. But you generally want to know who's paying for that mile.

Right. Truckload is in the process of becoming part of XPO. And possibly then sold again.

I'm just saying. There ain't a thing to do about it. One mile at a time. But you generally want to know who's paying for that mile.
My point is that there has been offers to buy but no offer to sell. We are too quick to push the panic button. XPO has not sold Truckload therefore no need to panic.

at my barn one of our p&d guys came in saying that a regular customer gave him some extra freight routed by XPO. Nice !!! Furthermore, according to a wall street article on another thread , Mr. Jacobs wants to keep our premium priced service intact and add an economy priced service that more customers can afford. more business, apparently, will be heading our way.
Thats what I'M talking about!!!

I wouldn't panic yet. Maybe the truckload operation will be bought by someone that is actually a better company to work for? Who knows.
And second, since most companies have a driver shortage, maybe Conway will put you truckload guys into the seat over at Freight (XPO) with some kind of special incentives to switch over versus leaving altogether.
Once in a while, when a door gets slammed in your face, the door of opportunity opens up. Do some thinking about what to do if that door opens up.
Good luck though.
:1036316054:

Just wear in your gym shorts and T-shirt......

:biglaugh:

sorry northern but i helped conway freight at xdm for 3 months (hence the ccx trailer on a truckload truck) doing p&d there. im homeless without my sleeper (read divorce 5 years ago here) i had fun with all the freight guys and had a great boss there but the open road is addicting when the kids are grown i got restless so when that gig was up i was rolling no dedicated stuff as i like to go anywhere in us and canada 47 states and 4 provinces in the last couple years i'm still going to ride this out to the end but if swift or jb hunt buys us i'm gone along with a bunch of other guys i want to choose my own employer so im hanging on and running wfo to the end of the line