XPO | XPO's plan after aquiring Conway.

Its just there opinion. I think that they think that Fred Ex will gain market share from customers that we lose because of our merger. I think that we are going to see a massive increase in freight volume from customers that XPO has and it won't make any difference. We can't really compete with Fred Ex anyway. They are almost as big us, OD, and YRC put together. They are a giant purple monster.

FedEx frt is not even close to being as big às con-way of and yrc put together.

FedEx frt is not even close to being as big às con-way of and yrc put together.

YRC has lost a lot of ground the last few years. And Con-way hasn't grown much at all. Over that time FedEx has been continuing to do their thing. I got accounts they send four different guys to. Package car. Straight truck. Tractor and a pup. Tractor and a long box. I asked the guy waiting for a door one day and he said they all go back to different hubs as well.

Thats what I'M talking about!!!
more positive news for our future as far as what exactly Mr. Jacobs has planned for us, sorry ,rather for 'XPO Logistics". check out this piece from JOC.com joc.com/international-logistics-providers/xpos-Jacobs-maps-new-route-con-way-20151009.html

more positive news for our future as far as what exactly Mr. Jacobs has planned for us, sorry ,rather for 'XPO Logistics". check out this piece from JOC.com joc.com/international-logistics-providers/xpos-Jacobs-maps-new-route-con-way-20151009.html

There you go Bender. Selling truckload not on the " to do " list.

A lot of guys have been saying he will close some terminals. Adjust the system. Work things differently where he has multiple locations.

Yes it is. FedEx Freight is the largest LTL carrier by far. Google it.

FedEx is huge, but most of it is Express and Ground. When you look at their published numbers, they include Freight, Express, Ground, Custom Critical expedited, possibly the FedEx Office stores? It's just like the CNW numbers including all of our components. If you look at the Transport Topics top 100 Carriers list, UPS and FedEx are WAY out front, but it's because of their parcel business. If you single out Freight, yes they are bigger, but not by as much as you are thinking.
http://www.joc.com/sites/default/files/u48801/44-specTop25Truck_bwcb copy_0.jpg

FedEx is huge, but most of it is Express and Ground. When you look at their published numbers, they include Freight, Express, Ground, Custom Critical expedited, possibly the FedEx Office stores? It's just like the CNW numbers including all of our components. If you look at the Transport Topics top 100 Carriers list, UPS and FedEx are WAY out front, but it's because of their parcel business. If you single out Freight, yes they are bigger, but not by as much as you are thinking.

If you add the two divisions of YRC together they are close to FedEx freight. But FedEx is out growing them. And many economists are calling for FedEx to " run away " with the category now that their primary competition has been eliminated. No Con-way, and XPO turning our focus to hauling more economy freight will be a huge boon to the FedEx army.

They Are the largest but no where near con-way , od ,and yrc together.they are not as big as just yrc and con-way together Google that
There revenue last year was 5.1 billion for just the freight side. Con-way and YRC together totaled 6.6 billion. Scratch OD out though, you are right about not adding them into the equation.

If you single out Freight, yes they are bigger, but not by as much as you are thinking.

That chart is good for comparison's sake, but I wish there was another column that showed profit. Revenue alone doesn't tell the whole story. If a company hauls a lot of freight, but has a high operating ratio due to loads of debt and other problems (like YRC, for instance), it doesn't matter how "big" they are. Revenue alone only tells part of the story. If they included profit, it might better illustrate the health of all these companies.

The most important number on that chart is the percentage of growth in revenue from one year to the next. O.D. is KILLING it.

That chart is good for comparison's sake, but I wish there was another column that showed profit. Revenue alone doesn't tell the whole story. If a company hauls a lot of freight, but has a high operating ratio due to loads of debt and other problems (like YRC, for instance), it doesn't matter how "big" they are. Revenue alone only tells part of the story. If they included profit, it might better illustrate the health of all these companies.

The most important number on that chart is the percentage of growth in revenue from one year to the next. O.D. is KILLING it.
And their OR is something like an 85?

They are growing slow and controlled. Pick the freight just right. Hire guys that have been there and done that. Don't over value college degrees. Never worked there. But the sound like they have a lot of good ideas.

They are growing slow and controlled. Pick the freight just right. Hire guys that have been there and done that. Don't over value college degrees. Never worked there. But the sound like they have a lot of good ideas.
Good ideas like not paying their city drivers OT. OD takes advantage but of course the drivers choose to work there. I don't like that model for growth.

I just can't help to wonder if we will really be one company this time? When Con-way merged the three they still had three companies under one name example northern drivers and southern drivers, overtime after 8 hours versus overtime after 50 hour Different pay rates etc... just wonder if now been a totally different company if we will all be the same now?