XPO | XPO's plan after aquiring Conway.

Work your drivers 59 hours a week without paying overtime, pay a pittance for drop and hooks and breakdown, dont pay for layover and wait time. Thats how you get a OR like that
Amen, brother! The question is...how in the HELL do they get away with not paying OT at least after 40??

OD drivers 120k plus a year?
yah, that's probably cause they work 59 plus hours m-f and then take a line haul run on Saturday. I ran into an OD guy that used to work for us at a stop one day and he told me that they have opportunities to pick and choose week-end runs if they want it. that was a couple of years ago that I talked to him. but now they have gained significantly more market share since then which certainly has created even more opportunities to get extra work: maybe 7 days a week. would that add up to 120k plus a year though? if it does, they can have that blood money. i'll stick w/ 45-55 hours w/ ot after 8 thank you.

All that :shhit: pay and they still have drivers making 120k plus a year. And they don't **** and moan no where near as much as others. :shift:
Every city driver I ever crossed paths with from OD hated the place. Hate isn't even a strong enough word. Line drivers love the place though because they run. Everynight I see lots and lots of OD. Thats how we need to be. Haul our own freight.

What OD drivers don't tell you is that they are expected to run until they are out of hours. Your 34 hours off starts when you pull in the gate. When your time is up you go again. No such thing as a weekend.

If you add the two divisions of YRC together they are close to FedEx freight. But FedEx is out growing them. And many economists are calling for FedEx to " run away " with the category now that their primary competition has been eliminated. No Con-way, and XPO turning our focus to hauling more economy freight will be a huge boon to the FedEx army.
NOT NECESSARILY!!! Mr. Jacobs said in an article from joc entitled 'xpo to take a breather from acquisition race,' and I quote "XPO has every intention of growing in size and revenues in the long run". Furthermore, he adds this comment concerning the potential loss of customers when Conway ceases to exist in the near future, "there is concern in some industry sectors and locations that customers who over the years have been loyal to companies that xpo has purchased will be alienated if those brands lose their identity and are all placed under the xpo brand..." the article then goes on to conclude by saying..."Jacobs said that by acquiring companies w/ similar cultures, and by being sensitive to customer needs, he has been able to maintain the loyalty of their customers." Bottom line, maybe Fred smith and his monster purple machine will gain some LTL market share vacuum that will be created by the exit of cnw from the freight world, but i believe that Mr. Jacobs and his XPO machine will come roaring back after all the synergies and consolidations are squared away.

We shall see what comes out on the 14th. The lack of information is a bit annoying, but that's how they do. He definitely wants to rebrand quickly. Been told everything Con-Way is to be disposed of, not donated. We'll be filling up the dock dumpsters soon. Could care less about the name on the door. Just want my butt in a seat,pedals under my feet,and getting miles on the street. Only name I'm worried about is mine,spelled correctly on my check.

OD drivers 120k plus a year?

Maybe not 120 but 90-100 is well within reason... And I usually work Sunday-Thursday or Friday, depending on what I want to do. That's the whole thing, they let you run however much you want to run. Don't want to run that day? If there's other drivers on the extraboard, fine. Take the day off.

We shall see what comes out on the 14th. The lack of information is a bit annoying, but that's how they do. He definitely wants to rebrand quickly. Been told everything Con-Way is to be disposed of, not donated. We'll be filling up the dock dumpsters soon. Could care less about the name on the door. Just want my butt in a seat,pedals under my feet,and getting miles on the street. Only name I'm worried about is mine,spelled correctly on my check.

Now here's a man with some clear thinking and a level headed approach. There's nothing you can do other than come to work and do your job until they tell you not to come in anymore. Ride the wave and weather the storm. After all, it's just a job.

I like that article upnorth has in the sticky. Offering a less than container load over seas service as well as an economy service. I see the words " more freight " when I read stuff like that.

And more freight would make me happy.

I like that article upnorth has in the sticky. Offering a less than container load over seas service as well as an economy service. I see the words " more freight " when I read stuff like that.

And more freight would make me happy.
More of XPO freight. Do you think the other 3pl companies are going to send freight to the new XPO that they were sending to Conway? The echo, ch robinson, etc freight? Would kinda be like McDonald's sending someone to Burger King to eat.

More of XPO freight. Do you think the other 3pl companies are going to send freight to the new XPO that they were sending to Conway? The echo, ch robinson, etc freight? Would kinda be like McDonald's sending someone to Burger King to eat.

I think XPO might use its new fleet to move some of that freight more efficiently.