XPO | XPO's plan after aquiring Conway.

More of XPO freight. Do you think the other 3pl companies are going to send freight to the new XPO that they were sending to Conway? The echo, ch robinson, etc freight? Would kinda be like McDonald's sending someone to Burger King to eat.
If they can make money on it they will, but it won't be their first choice.

That's aUOTE="freightman68, post: 975294, member: 9327"]I just got hired 3 weeks ago. As far as I know everyone does get to do that at least at my location. They told me my schedules during my interview.[/QUOTE]
That might be how it is at your location. I know that MRT you get hired for linehaul , you go on sleeper and 6 day schedule before a day off. Not my cup of tea.

It does depend on your location... MRT is an exception, OD is the biggest employer in White Pine TN, everybody and their cat that drives a truck in that neck of the woods works for OD. Solo extra (what I run out of ATL) is a bid out of MRT.

3-3500 miles a week. Sixty-two+ a mile. And I can't recall a negative post on their forum.
That is the biggest kicker of all. Everything that the other trucking company employees says is a negative, O.D. Has convinced their employees they are positives and in the long run will benefit their long term employment and financial situation. When you have happy employeess you have a profitable company.

Last edited:
That is the biggest kicker of all. Everything that the other trucking company employees says is a negative, O.D. Has convinced their employees they are positives and in the long run will benefit their long term employment and financial situation. When you have happy employeess you have a profitable company.

The funny thing is they didn't have to do much convincing with me. I hated Con-way, OD offered me $.53/mile and home essentially whenever I wanted to be home. I run consistently over 3000/week, control my own schedule (except when freight is slow) pay $85/week for my entire family for all benefits, get a match on the 401 and get left alone by management. I can't see much downside to that.

Forgot to add in my last post that in the little over 2 years I've been here I'm now up to $.615 from the $.53 and still run 3000+ a week. ATL has lots of 600+/day schedules too so when I get the seniority for one the miles won't suffer and I'll be home every day.

Well I know UPS uses conway now. So I am sure it will not change... just like Menlo has or does use o.d.
took a ups load to downtown chicago a couple of years ago the address ended up about 6 blocks nw of navy pier (downtown) not a place for a long box and a sleeper got there (miday) to find there was no place to drop a trailer or even park had to block a lane while i called and told them that the ups yard there was now a 10 story apt building with no place for a truck (funny part is i know chi town and i told them before i took this load i dont think that is a place for big truck but i'm forced dispatch) my knowlege of chicago is what saved my ass that day ( sorry ups post triggered this hilarious memory of a almost spectacular screw up )

took a ups load to downtown chicago a couple of years ago the address ended up about 6 blocks nw of navy pier (downtown) not a place for a long box and a sleeper got there (miday) to find there was no place to drop a trailer or even park had to block a lane while i called and told them that the ups yard there was now a 10 story apt building with no place for a truck (funny part is i know chi town and i told them before i took this load i dont think that is a place for big truck but i'm forced dispatch) my knowlege of chicago is what saved my ass that day ( sorry ups post triggered this hilarious memory of a almost spectacular screw up )

And forced dispatch to a location you know and told them is wrong. The more you tell us about Truckload the more I wonder why any one drives for them.

Forgot to add in my last post that in the little over 2 years I've been here I'm now up to $.615 from the $.53 and still run 3000+ a week. ATL has lots of 600+/day schedules too so when I get the seniority for one the miles won't suffer and I'll be home every day.
Hey, it is great to hear positive information from an employee concerning his company and his job in general. Whether we like it or not,no- one made any of us take our jobs. We actually applied and worked hard to get them ( most of the time). We are as free to exit as we were to enter. We all knew basically what our pay, benefits, insurance etc. we're going to be. Yes, things have changed, however that is one of the constants in life, " change". If the changes are more than what we like, we can change companies or yes, even careers.

I was at Whirlpool yesterday and the dock supervisor's badge had the XPOLogistics logo on it. Apparently they own everything now.