XPO | Xsw canceled christmas party

I'm sure we'll have something nice in the breakroom, and maybe will go have a cocktail afterwards. This economy has affected our company and our livies, and many dedicated people will lose there jobs. This makes celebrating hard. But we must continue to what we do best. Not worried about a party, 2009 maybe ! Brent's buying !!

I wonder if CR England is having a Christmas Party? They should, we are paying for it. God knows, they haul more of our freight than we do.......:holysheep:

Some believe it just isn't appropriate given what has taken place, and I think there is alot of merit in that thinking...at the same time, I think we need to celebrate the accomplishments of all employees and allow them that opportunity also...tough call, one each SCM has to make for themselves and their service centers...

That's a no-brainer!

Seems like a SCM would look at this as a golden opportunity to save money. After all, saving money considering this crisis we are in is a priority...right?

That's a no-brainer!

Seems like a SCM would look at this as a golden opportunity to save money. After all, saving money considering this crisis we are in is a priority...right?

Maybe only a few people rsvp'ed and had no choice but to cancel it ... I predict low turnouts this year at all the holiday parties

Call the cause speculation but the effect remains the same.

Yes it would seem a no brainer, but once you get locked into contracts with time constraints, and something like this happens right before, the thinking is to go ahead and have it for those still left, because you are paying for it anyway...I'm going to see how our team feels about it tomorrow..

Yes it would seem a no brainer, but once you get locked into contracts with time constraints, and something like this happens right before, the thinking is to go ahead and have it for those still left, because you are paying for it anyway...I'm going to see how our team feels about it tomorrow..

Ours was last night (saturday)......I didn't go.....just couldn't face the ones let go if they showed up, and, could not stand it, if they were told not to.......I had planned to go, but, just couldn't do it......

I have to go....no choice...but I did extend the invite to all those who were cut...they earned it just as much as anyone else...why not..?? I will celebrate them right along side the 25 year guy...

I have to go....no choice...but I did extend the invite to all those who were cut...they earned it just as much as anyone else...why not..?? I will celebrate them right along side the 25 year guy...

Sounds like you don't want to go.

Mixed feelings...we always have a good time, and they are well attended, about 85% each year....gonna be hard to keep that level of "good time" up to standard, and I don't want it ruined for those who really need to have a good time right about now..

Mixed feelings...we always have a good time, and they are well attended, about 85% each year....gonna be hard to keep that level of "good time" up to standard, and I don't want it ruined for those who really need to have a good time right about now..

Couldn't this have waited until after Jan. 1????? Did they have to do it RIGHT NOW? They could have postponed the bid, was the Holiday Pay for the 2100 that much of a burden? Really? Are we in that bad shape? I get the urgency, but, really......couldn't it have waited, just a couple of weeks....????.....

I think there are a great many people who share that sentiment, but I am certainly in no position to expound on it...that decision rested with others who felt this was the right thing to do...tomorrow, we move forward...

Had Christmas party last night. Terminated CSR came and I cried all over her. She's been at the terminal nearly as long as my husband. The SCM did get her a card for all to sign and a gift card to a very nice store. I just kept remembering when she first came, the very first SCM (now deceased) and the air of something big about to happen (new company taking off to become great). We had nearly 100% attendence.