XPO | Xsw canceled christmas party

Since drivers,shop,CSR's are at the bottom of the food chain,why is it that they start with us.If they wanted to trim the fat,why not start at the top.They are the ones making the big $$.They still get their operating bonus,company cars etc. My paycheck will be greatly affected by all this. Why not get rid of our 60 min. man. What his job anyway? What a waste of $$$$$$$

The service center I work for, had their christmas party this past Sat night... It was one of the hardest things i have ever had to do.

To see everyone,one more time, to say goodbye. 17 yrs is a really long time. It was really hard to hear SCM talking about hope for the future etc, and know I am no longer a part of that. It always made me so proud the hear that at the party at the end of the year. To talk about our accomplishments, our goals for the future and so son.

Thats like sending jobs to China! LOL

Having England haul the freight is nothing remotely like sending jobs to china...England is purely a family owned business which means there is no foreign investments...England is more of an American company then conway is...

My point was why contract out work when your laying people off?

Having England haul the freight is nothing remotely like sending jobs to china...England is purely a family owned business which means there is no foreign investments...England is more of an American company then conway is...

Well then, why not just repaint all of the equipment in CR England colors? Surrender the flag boys, they win!!!!! Those of you who can't stand surrender, fall on your swords, by God they will never take me alive!!!!! England deserves to take all of the freight......Everyone, don't bother going into work tonight, CCxNobody has declared us all collectively to be, irrelevant......Oh, wait, maybe he is just pointing out that the company has already done that.....:hysterical:

Well then, why not just repaint all of the equipment in CR England colors? Surrender the flag boys, they win!!!!! Those of you who can't stand surrender, fall on your swords, by God they will never take me alive!!!!! England deserves to take all of the freight......Everyone, don't bother going into work tonight, CCxNobody has declared us all collectively to be, irrelevant......Oh, wait, maybe he is just pointing out that the company has already done that.....:hysterical:

You are an interesting character..you gathered all that out of my post...wow

When conway or any other company subcontracts their work, and then lays people off, they save money. They save money by not having to pay for any extra benefits for the people they lay off...if keeping a conway employee costs them say .25 cents a pound (i have no idea how much it costs or how they figure it) and they can get the same pound hauled for .15 cents a pound and take out the .25 conway emplyee, they saved .10 cents to keep the company surviving.

This isnt a small recession like recessions of past times...this is a serious condition in our country right now. Many companies are going to fold, and many more will be hurting to the brink of collapse...conway is going to do everything they can to keep the company alive through this...and if you are one of the ones who survive with it, then you should be happy about what they are doing. If you are one of the ones whom had to be cut, that is life. Sad but a simple fact of life. nearly 600,000 people lost their jobs in Nov alone. Something like 1.8 million year to date. That should tell you and everyone who is still whining about the layoffs you should be gratefull to even still have a job and not be the next 650,000 or so who will more then likely loose their jobs this month.

Wake up, then try and gather some sort of a clue as to what is happening in our country today, and this isnt meant as a slam of flame to you, simply a wake up notice that you seem to not have.

You are an interesting character..you gathered all that out of my post...wow

When conway or any other company subcontracts their work, and then lays people off, they save money. They save money by not having to pay for any extra benefits for the people they lay off...if keeping a conway employee costs them say .25 cents a pound (i have no idea how much it costs or how they figure it) and they can get the same pound hauled for .15 cents a pound and take out the .25 conway emplyee, they saved .10 cents to keep the company surviving.

This isnt a small recession like recessions of past times...this is a serious condition in our country right now. Many companies are going to fold, and many more will be hurting to the brink of collapse...conway is going to do everything they can to keep the company alive through this...and if you are one of the ones who survive with it, then you should be happy about what they are doing. If you are one of the ones whom had to be cut, that is life. Sad but a simple fact of life. nearly 600,000 people lost their jobs in Nov alone. Something like 1.8 million year to date. That should tell you and everyone who is still whining about the layoffs you should be gratefull to even still have a job and not be the next 650,000 or so who will more then likely loose their jobs this month.

Wake up, then try and gather some sort of a clue as to what is happening in our country today, and this isnt meant as a slam of flame to you, simply a wake up notice that you seem to not have.

I am fully awake, thank you........I have a tendency to deal with flustration by using humor (at least my attempts at such)......I am acutely aware of the current economic climate, it has seriously affected several in my immediate family, and, I am also VERY aware, that I may be next in line, as well may be you. Just so you don't waste too much time worrying about me however, I will say that I am debt free, including my home, live fairly modestly and, have several years worth of living expenses, in secured savings accounts, not even regarding my retirement savings.....

No....I was (and still am incidently) pretty "miffed" at some of the actions the corporation is taking, in the name of "economic conditions"............I don't agree that moving all linehaul ops to outside carriers, is a good long term strategy........I don't agree that shedding all company assets, in order to become a purely "logistical" company is a good move, either in the long term or the short. If they don't want to be in the trucking business anymore, fine......say so, sell the company to someone who does. Merge with another company that sees a future for our line of work.......something, anything that makes some sense.....But this piecemeal dismantling of the core structure of our company, and hiding behind "economic conditions", or "enhancement" programs, or whatever :cuss:
corporate nonsense they are pushing on this weeks propaganda video, is annoying.......and therefore, flustrating.......

:holysheep: