XPO | Xsx Toilet Bowl

caboose

TB Lurker
Credits
hello gentlemen,

This might not sound like a problem for all but i am sure it does apply to some on this list. I am a linhaul driver out of XWO. Our shortest run is to XSX which is Springfield, Ma. Last night i was the first man out of 3 working the day lane sector cause Springfield has hired 20 or more part time dockworkers to work the 16 vans that come in a day. At 0:30 my sector supervisor said to go down to sector 3 and that i had 2 loads ready along with the first guys out of XNH XEE XLL XPI. So i went down to get my trailers and found out that we had a van going back that was full as well. The junior man that was behind me was still in sector 1. So i went back to my terminal (not very happy at all) I called my junior guy and he said he was on his way to XAB on a via. So now i was really steaming. I just dont uderstand how they can kick out guys that only have an 1 hour run. I mean i got back at 02:00 and the first city guys dont get there till 5am. On top of that this happend the night before as well the senior guy got his trailers and 15 min later the junior guy went to XNH. Now i dont now about all of u but i don't just want to work 6.75 a night. But there is a fom at XSX that has beat it iinto the brains of the sector supervisors that u get 2 load and u go no matter what time it is. I love the fact that the managers at this company get a salary and we have to work for our living. So i guess what I am getting at is is this isolated or does this happen at other facs that have terminals with very short runs. I know company policy is u get 2 and u go but I think they are taking it to the extreme. Sorry it its so long but this subject is really burning me up inside.

so whats the problem, thats what they are working to do ... not all the time just when it works out that way, to their advantage..... you still make 85% of what you made last year and thay gave a bunch of part timmmmmeers some work at alot less than they had to pay you.............

hello gentlemen,

This might not sound like a problem for all but i am sure it does apply to some on this list. I am a linhaul driver out of XWO. Our shortest run is to XSX which is Springfield, Ma. Last night i was the first man out of 3 working the day lane sector cause Springfield has hired 20 or more part time dockworkers to work the 16 vans that come in a day. At 0:30 my sector supervisor said to go down to sector 3 and that i had 2 loads ready along with the first guys out of XNH XEE XLL XPI. So i went down to get my trailers and found out that we had a van going back that was full as well. The junior man that was behind me was still in sector 1. So i went back to my terminal (not very happy at all) I called my junior guy and he said he was on his way to XAB on a via. So now i was really steaming. I just dont uderstand how they can kick out guys that only have an 1 hour run. I mean i got back at 02:00 and the first city guys dont get there till 5am. On top of that this happend the night before as well the senior guy got his trailers and 15 min later the junior guy went to XNH. Now i dont now about all of u but i don't just want to work 6.75 a night. But there is a fom at XSX that has beat it iinto the brains of the sector supervisors that u get 2 load and u go no matter what time it is. I love the fact that the managers at this company get a salary and we have to work for our living. So i guess what I am getting at is is this isolated or does this happen at other facs that have terminals with very short runs. I know company policy is u get 2 and u go but I think they are taking it to the extreme. Sorry it its so long but this subject is really burning me up inside.
ask for dock time,maybe they will keep you for a few more hours.

hello gentlemen,

Sorry, but I just don't understand your thinking on this. You have your loads and the FAC has the manpower to work what's there, yet you should be able to stay in order to get your hours?? I would hate to think where this company would be if they worried about how many hours can we get for so-and-so in order to keep him happy. Understand the operation; first in, first out regardless of seniority.......when you have two to the house you take them unless the FAC is short of manpower due to dropped loads or heavy volume and needs you to stay in order to keep the transit times current.

grimace,
Do you work city or linehaul? Do you get 40 hours or more a week? How would you like to work less than 40 and watch a driver who was hired a month ago work 60 hours and get twice your miles because you are being sent home early every night?

Understand the operation; first in, first out regardless of seniority........

I thought they changed this policy last year, it is first guy dispatched is the first guy out as long as he makes his arrival time, even if he has to go on a via. We have been practicing this at my barn & all the facilities we go to have been doing it this way also.

We brought up the issue of first in/first out with our SCM. He called XGO to get a clarification. It has not changed. The first one in is the first one to leave no matter who dispatched first. Unless, the first one goes on a via, then he leaves first.