Estes | Xtra Board guys get ready!!

you hear alot about the company starving people to try to get them
to quit so they dont have to pay them unemployment for firing
them, well dont think that estes is the only one doing that it is
going on at a few of the other companies also. you guys that are
only working 1 or 2 days a week you need to go and file for partical
unemployment they will pay you for the time that you are missing..
That sounds like a good idea , starting to wonder how the benefits will be affected. Hope they dont just drop you for not having enough in a check to pay them.

It's starting to get depressing here. I'm trying to quit drinking but ya'all aint helping. We need to go to the capital and show them how 34 billion would be enough for us. I can show them on my reciepts how it will help the economy. At least we won't be flying up there in our private jets.

how many miles a week are the xtra board guys getting

Got 2500 last week but most of those were in the frozen tundra. Maybe the mileage will be a little better in the north. Heard a driver comment a couple weeks ago in HBG that he was as far north as he would go this time of year. Maybe thats good for us that don't mind the cold and snow.

Only got 1176 miles this past week. I heard that a couple of other drivers did very good but, I think they may get there pink slip this week. Could be as early as today.

I overheard a driver in 037 the other night state that "they got 6 in Greenville" I then confirmed it from others on here that it was 039 terminal. Its my educated opinion that they are starting the "force reductions" today but will take most of the week to get to all the terminals.

Hey guys. Ya'll are right it's everywhere. Same is happening @ WARD. I am an extra (#1 @ my terminal) and there have been weeks where I have only run 1 night a week!! Thinga are tough right now everywhere I guess. I'm just trying to hang in there right now. Company just underwent layoffs as well and, I really don't think we've seen the last of them either! Hang in there if you can!

:TR10driving03:Good evening brother Estes drivers. I drive out of Lexington, KY 030 and have been here 4 years 3 months. They terminated 3 Extra Board drivers at 030 TODAY for Reduction-In-Force. I enjoyed Estes Express Lines. Please be grateful for what you have. I have been looking for a new job today. Its not pretty. They don't have the nice holiday pay, etc. So here we start again. Merry Christmas to all. God Bless and remember, BE GRATEFUL! Don't be quick to gripe.:1036316054:

Thanks brother. I just really wished they took the other 4 drivers that have been here less than a year first. They took 2 that had less than 1 year (this is no rumor, I was there), the other 4 are still working:butt kiss:. Its like they skipped them and got me. :flame:

Further, this is NOT a lay-off. We were specifically told NO RECALL by the terminal manager. This is TERMINATION for Reduction-IN-Force. Benefits stopped today. We didn't get to take vacation as outlined on Rob's message at extension 3783.

Thanks brother. I just really wished they took the other 4 drivers that have been here less than a year first. They took 2 that had less than 1 year (this is no rumor, I was there), the other 4 are still working:butt kiss:. Its like they skipped them and got me. :flame:

Did they go by company senority within classification or how did they do it? Were some city and some linehaul? Why did you get laid off with over 4 yrs in and guys with less than a year are still there?

Sorry man.

That's the way they do it. They laid 10 drivers off at my term. All of them were road drivers. They have a local driver there with 6 months seniority. (still working) I know 1 of those drivers started out as a P&D driver and switched to a road driver..... He been with the company 4 years and they laid him off too.

That's the way they do it. They laid 10 drivers off at my term. All of them were road drivers. They have a local driver there with 6 months seniority. (still working) I know 1 of those drivers started out as a P&D driver and switched to a road driver..... He been with the company 4 years and they laid him off too.

Same at my barn, they laid within the catagory of road driver and then went by total Co. time within that group.