Central Transport | Ya'll can do better than that!

boomerang

TB Lurker
Credits
I mean really. I do not want any of you to hold back info about Vitran and how you operate. How many stops (deliveries) do Vitran dispatchers put on the p&d guys? What is the average total miles a driver runs a day in the city? What kind of reaction do you get when you tell dispatch your trlr. has a flat before you leave out on your route in the am? Surely dispatch would'nt force you to hit the streets knowing that the equipment provided could not pass a roadside inspection! Right?? When you write up faulty equipment, does mgmt. earnestly attempt to have it corrected? Do any of you know what Vitrans current D.O.T. safety rating is? Look, I- like many, many other good hardworking drivers find ourselves being absorbed into a much larger company. We would really appreciate an inlux of postings (honest ones-not just opinions) describing what life will be like as a Vitran driver. As you can see, we have many questions yet to be answered.

??

"Surely dispatch would'nt force you to hit the streets knowing that the equipment provided could not pass a roadside inspection! Right??""

You are funny HELL YES thay would

I mean really. I do not want any of you to hold back info about Vitran and how you operate. How many stops (deliveries) do Vitran dispatchers put on the p&d guys? What is the average total miles a driver runs a day in the city? What kind of reaction do you get when you tell dispatch your trlr. has a flat before you leave out on your route in the am? Surely dispatch would'nt force you to hit the streets knowing that the equipment provided could not pass a roadside inspection! Right?? When you write up faulty equipment, does mgmt. earnestly attempt to have it corrected? Do any of you know what Vitrans current D.O.T. safety rating is? Look, I- like many, many other good hardworking drivers find ourselves being absorbed into a much larger company. We would really appreciate an inlux of postings (honest ones-not just opinions) describing what life will be like as a Vitran driver. As you can see, we have many questions yet to be answered.

really this depends on where you work. i mean some city drivers put 120 miles on my truck during the day and others 300 . im assuming if your milan down there is anything like the milan up here then things cant be much worse for you guys. most the people that post are so negative dont expect any positive responses ... i promise you wont get any here. i cant answer p@d questions so i wont try

really this depends on where you work. i mean some city drivers put 120 miles on my truck during the day and others 300 . im assuming if your milan down there is anything like the milan up here then things cant be much worse for you guys. most the people that post are so negative dont expect any positive responses ... i promise you wont get any here. i cant answer p@d questions so i wont try

one positive,we now have direct deposit.