FedEx Freight | Yall miss National Driver Appreciation week?

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
The silence on this board has been deafening! WTF?:confused:

They actually celebrated it this year at my barn...:cool:

We had biscuits Tue, Cookout Thurs evening, more biscuits Fri. Road drivers had Subway or something similar instead of biscuits. NOT too bad! Center Manager actually cooked every burger and every hot dog himself at the cook out.

Kind of unusual, but i'll take it :kicking:

We win everything at my Terminal and get so many cookouts it's hard for me to keep up with what they are for.

Doughnuts every morning and veggie/fruit trays that sat out all day. Lots of diet Pepsi. That was my appreciation week. Our BBQ grills were never dusted off.

We were the lucky host of Denny's NECKCAR Toyota, they had barbeque from 11:00-15;00 real nice of them to feed bunch of strangers.. only a handful of A.M dock and a few drivers who came back for a second route got any food!

Not as much as a dried up pretzel here.

That is a shame... In the past they did not celebrate the same week as national truck driver appreciation week, instead having their own employee appreciation week.... Seems more center managers participated when it was employee rather than driver.

There really is no excuse as there was money budgeted for this... No purple promise or extra mile awards for these second rate managers :17113: :6792:

We had breakfast catered in the morning and roast beef, mashed potatoes, etc catered in the afternoon/evening. It was a pretty nice spread.