XPO | Yanked Union Poll???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Cause

TB Lurker
Credits
I placed a Thread/Poll on here yesterday 05/19/09 asking what the drivers felt about a Union at Conway and if they would or wouldn't vote one in if asked. Well I guess Conway didn't like it so someone on here pulled it off. Whatever happened to the right of free speech...? or in this case inquiry. Now I see how it works on here.:ranting2::Flame-On:::shit:::eck13:

I placed a Thread/Poll on here yesterday 05/19/09 asking what the drivers felt about a Union at Conway and if they would or wouldn't vote one in if asked. Well I guess Conway didn't like it so someone on here pulled it off. Whatever happened to the right of free speech...? or in this case inquiry. Now I see how it works on here.:ranting2::Flame-On:::shit:::eck13:

They moved you to the debate thread, where it should have been...

but the rule is no union talk on a nonunion forum,but i would wait to see what those sters do for yrc if its goes under...at risk of being punished the grass may not be so green at those barns...

I moved it to the teamster/non union debate forum ... it did not get yanked ... http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...ate-forum/60391-union-non-union-question.html Here it is ... Here are the rules you agreed to when you signed up. Truckingboards - Forum Rules

but the rule is no union talk on a nonunion forum,but i would wait to see what those sters do for yrc if its goes under...at risk of being punished the grass may not be so green at those barns...

Well, it's safe to say that there will be little, if anything, the "sters" can do should YRC belly up..They are a bargaining unit, and if there is nothing left to bargain for, well, you get the picture..even the members on this board that belong to that organization will agree with that statement...
no money = no jobs = no bargaining unit...

I think we are going to find out sooner than later, and in some respects, that's too bad...and in some respects, that will bode well for alot of others...there will be many affected families on all sides, and somehow, that just seems unfair..But our shrinking economy is dictating the future of American business, whether we like it or not...and whether small or large, the economy doesn't allow you to run a business at a loss..there ain't enough sugar daddies to go around..

you have been here since 2007, you know the rules of Truckingboards, this rule has been here since we started almost 10 years ago.

Union topics are not discussed in non union company forums, use the debate forums.

Only your government can provide you free speech, not Truckingboards.
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/misc.php?do=cfrules

1. As a privately-owned and operated site, we reserve the right to moderate our site in whatever manner we choose for the "greater good" of the site. That means that, even if you're not technically breaking any of the listed rules, you could still be subject to being banned, moderated, or removed from the site if we choose. Obviously, we try not to take any action not supported by an actual violation of our rules listed, but sometimes someone is disruptive to the other members of our site, and when that happens, we will take action. All we ask of our members is that they act like the mature individuals we hope they are, and use common sense.
2. Truckingboards is Not a launch pad for you to promote your website or product or agenda,you are not allowed to use our forum or private message system to advertise your website, product or service or solicit our members in any way, we have worked hard to get where we are by creating content and traffic on our own. A forum this size has costs associated with operating it, if you would like to advertise, contact the owner here. examples of spam are any competing website or any website that has advertising on it. You are welcome to add any link you want to our links page for absolutely no charge. We know the difference between spam and normal message board links, the members here will report your activity within minutes and you will be banned from Truckingboards.
3. Do not resort to childish name calling if someone has a view you do not agree with, attack the subject of a post, not the one who posted it.
4. No last names are to be posted on Truckingboards unless it is in a press release or to post the death of a person. No phone numbers or personal info.
5. One account per user, no exceptions, if you register mutiple accounts here all will be banned.
6. All pictures must not be vulgar, pictures of women in bikini's/thongs ok,No girl on girl pics, NO PUBIC HAIR, NO NIPPLES,No simulated sex or girl on girl kissing or simulated sex.We have women and possibly children sitting with Dad/Mom while they are on these boards.Posting of P*orno here will get you banned faster than anything for good, No second chances
7. No calling out my Moderators in a public forum, if you have a beef with a Mod, take it to pm, Truckingboards staff decisions are final, if you are not happy with a decision you can always find another website to post on.
8. NO posting Union discussion in Non-Union Company Forums and NO posting Anti-Union discussion in Union Company Forums
9. NO posting of any internal memos, no posting any trade secrets pertaining to any company and NO posting copyrighted material, copying and pasting complete articles from other websites is NOT allowed, post a paragraph and the link to the source
10.If you are trolling on another company forum, you could be banned from this forum.
11. Offensive avatars or signatures or text under avatars not permitted

Status
Not open for further replies.