XPO | Yard Safety

I don't like the bright orange lights that face out from the buildings and blind me when I"m trying to bump the dock. They seem to make as much glare as they do light. The newer terminals like XCW and XLA seem to be a couple of the worst when it comes to blinding lights. It's obvious to me that the person who decided where lights will be placed never tried to bump a dock in the dark. Oh well, it's better than being out of work.

beerfed, you have 24 hours to retract this statement, other wise you will put on the soon to be yankee list. come on man think of your kids !!!! what if they heard you talking that way !!!?? 24 hours....tic tic tic

tic,tic,tic.........hope you like clam chowder.

congrats !!!!!!

Yup. He can now be an honorary Yankee...or even a damn Yankee if he wants.

hey ya'll play this for him when he shows up. it has a calming effect ohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz9jL3YNX-0n him and helps him sleep.

I don't like the bright orange lights that face out from the buildings and blind me when I"m trying to bump the dock. They seem to make as much glare as they do light. The newer terminals like XCW and XLA seem to be a couple of the worst when it comes to blinding lights. It's obvious to me that the person who decided where lights will be placed never tried to bump a dock in the dark. Oh well, it's better than being out of work.

:hide: I will have to agree with you. I have not been on L/H for quite a while now, but I do remember that most, if not all of the terminals I used to run to had those bright lights on the building, glaring into your mirrors and basically blinding you.
My terminal has the same problem.
I think it boils down to the fact that whoever sets up the lighting, specs the tractors, etc. has never set foot inside our enviroment.
Those big bright lights will surely help our drivers see the dock bumpers ( never mind that they are shining directly into our eyes ). :smilie_132:

remember when we wore brown i was hostling night raining the driver was wearing all brown didn't see him till he was 5 feet from the front of the hostler man he was pissed off at me i never saw him now we have to were the vest what about every body thats walks in the yard why cant we get reflective stripes on our jackets so we can been seen better

remember when we wore brown i was hostling night raining the driver was wearing all brown didn't see him till he was 5 feet from the front of the hostler man he was pissed off at me i never saw him now we have to were the vest what about every body thats walks in the yard why cant we get reflective stripes on our jackets so we can been seen better

I have often thought, that the most dangerous aspect of my job, is getting from my power unit, across the yard, to the dock at the FAC on any given night.......and back again, especially at "crunch" time...........most especially, in inclement weather.........talk about "pucker power"..................