TForce | Yay yet another endorsement we need....

Gideon129

TB Lurker
Credits
Hrs city drivers have a meeting yesterday morning, because of how the feds changed what they define a tanker we need our tanker to endorsement before July 15th 2015.
The new rule is any container or combination of containers totaling more then 1000 pounds requires a tanker endorsement.
So it could be 2 totes or 5 or 6 drums still need that endorsement.
O
Also it seems that the tapatalk new thread button is broke, try to start it on there and it says to select a prefix to continue
But there is nothing to select anywhere.

I had it long ago, and dropped it when I came here to save the 20 extra dollars a on renewal fee.
If I remember it was only like 12 questions, it shouldn't be to big a deal

Hrs city drivers have a meeting yesterday morning, because of how the feds changed what they define a tanker we need our tanker to endorsement before July 15th 2015.
The new rule is any container or combination of containers totaling more then 1000 pounds requires a tanker endorsement.
So it could be 2 totes or 5 or 6 drums still need that endorsement.
O
Also it seems that the tapatalk new thread button is broke, try to start it on there and it says to select a prefix to continue
But there is nothing to select anywhere.

This has becoming for a while, it was delayed a few times. Most LTL co have required it for some time. Its a 1000 gals or more in bulk Containers, such as totes. It does not include non bulk like drums or pails. Its just another government rule.

According to the printout we got from the compliance guy drums are considered bulk like totes.
He said it could be totes, drums even a combination of the two, like a half full tote with enough drums to put you over 1000 lbs of any liquid.

Just a note an empty tote that has not been purged is still classified as bulk doesn't matter if it has 1000 gallons in it at the time or not. Drums are not bulk packaging. The compliance man is ill informed just like most of our dispatchers. As far as the endorsement costing you more money I never saw that in the financial breakdown on a pa cdl renewal it only mentioned hazmat and motorcycle maybe I missed it. Company has to pay for it under the contract and it is an extremely easy test all common sense questions passed it 9 yrs ago without even reading that section of the book

Here at fxf we are 'required' to have the tanker endorsement by Jan 15 I think... Cost me $22 . And half a day... grrrrrr

Ya just another thing to get more money, like our finger printing at your lic renewal. I hate to so but your finger prints don't change...

Tanker endorsement is not that hard. 20 question. Study before you go in and you will be fine. It cost me 5.00 for endorsement and 18.00 for the new licence. 23.00 total. I past it in about 10 min. Good luck drivers.

Tanker endorsement is not that hard. 20 question. Study before you go in and you will be fine. It cost me 5.00 for endorsement and 18.00 for the new licence. 23.00 total. I past it in about 10 min. Good luck drivers.

Nothing on it at our terminal as of yet...

Well I agree that it is unnecessary to haul totes especially if you have been driving for any length of time but the test for it is really simple. I was able to pass it when I took my permit test without even studying for it. If you pass hazmat then you will have no problem with the tanker endorsement. Also company is responsible for the testing and re licensing fees so keep your receipts

It has been posted at HRS for all most a full month now

We had to get ours updated last year. I thought it was due by January of 2014??? Maybe it was extended. And to try and clarify from a few posts on bulk packaging. It refers to the capacity of a single unit. Tote bins are bulk, over 119 gallons. 55 gallon drums are not. My own personel opinion, even a trailer with 12 totes weighing 3000 lbs. each is not a tanker, but who am I to argue with some DOT, or political person who has never driven a truck??????