Yea it's only a 3.6 liter 305HP with an 8 speed transmission but...

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
I am getting atleast 24mpg on the highway and I am lovin it

And it's paid for :)

Jeff if your getting 24 on the hiway you are way ahead of the game. My Suburban 3/4 ton will get 20 on the hiway if i keep it at 61

8 speed Auto trans ? congrats to Dodge they have really stepped up to the plate with MPG !!

The trend in the automotive industry, small vehicles up to class 8 trucks is small displacement & more power/torque per cubic inch/liter. Usually this is done by improved turbocharging which includes aftercoolers/intercoolers. If the same power/torque can be squeezed out of a lighter engine it results in improved fuel efficiency.
While we are on the subject what do all of you think about Ford's aluminum pickup?

While we are on the subject what do all of you think about Ford's aluminum pickup?

might end up being the Edsel of the new generation.

but in all frankness, since so many people buy trucks and use them as a second car, they won't care the body metal, as long as they look pretty in the parking lot, with thier Harley's on a trailer too.....

The trend in the automotive industry, small vehicles up to class 8 trucks is small displacement & more power/torque per cubic inch/liter. Usually this is done by improved turbocharging which includes aftercoolers/intercoolers. If the same power/torque can be squeezed out of a lighter engine it results in improved fuel efficiency.

I think that if you live in an area that uses lots of road salt the body will still look pretty good when the frame rots out from under it.

mine has 400hp and gets 22mpg and is 4 wheel drive, and yes its paid off

mine get's around 34 mpg's, and i'm STILL paying on it.........

heavy_load.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

if its got the 6.2, iirc, its over 400 hp from the factory. the latest 6.2 is over 420 hp i thought. no band aid turbos or superchargers either, just a very efficient ohv v8.

good luck with this. my wife has a 2006 f150, and its the most impossible truck to work on ive ever seen...no room under the hood, and it will only get worse with these fancy turbo v6 engines. think spark plugs on a 5.4 suck? wait till you have to wade into one of these newer fords...

gee, i wonder if they still coat all their hard lines and hardware with that corrosion ENHANCING covering, as well? just had to replace the trans dipstick tube because it rotted out, what a ***** that was. glad i have an IR air hammer, i end up using that for everything on that crusty ford!!

good luck with this. my wife has a 2006 f150, and its the most impossible truck to work on ive ever seen...no room under the hood, and it will only get worse with these fancy turbo v6 engines. think spark plugs on a 5.4 suck? wait till you have to wade into one of these newer fords...

gee, i wonder if they still coat all their hard lines and hardware with that corrosion ENHANCING covering, as well? just had to replace the trans dipstick tube because it rotted out, what a ***** that was. glad i have an IR air hammer, i end up using that for everything on that crusty ford!!

this makes me think more and more now about leasing vehicles rather than buying and owning for a long long time.

sure, "when it's paid for", it should last a long time, but then come the knuckle busting repairs that either we do, or pay someone else to do.

lease it for 2 to 3 years, turn it in, let someone else buy and bust up thier fingers, hands and backs...

stay clean, have the warranty, save your blood.

It's not a truck. (Mine is a 2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins diesel) But this gets really ****ty gas mileage at over 400 HP and turns heads wherever I take her.
pic1_zpsffea91a4.jpg

pic18_zps39f42305.jpg

pic12_zpsfcb363aa.jpg