Yea it's only a 3.6 liter 305HP with an 8 speed transmission but...

Mine gets 10 mpg. It is paid for and has a big block 454.

Guardrail

I have an antique, (mid seventies) 3/4 ton wood hauler with a 454. It also gets about 10MPG but I drive it less than a thousand miles a year. I can stack wood to the top of the cab & it doesn't even grunt. I can haul in one load what many others haul in two loads. "Ole Blue" has been here so long he is one of the family.

100 bags of mulch.

3 car shells

My normal load, 2 cars.

I drain the gas from the scrapped cars so I get really good mileage on that gas.

this makes me think more and more now about leasing vehicles rather than buying and owning for a long long time.

sure, "when it's paid for", it should last a long time, but then come the knuckle busting repairs that either we do, or pay someone else to do.

lease it for 2 to 3 years, turn it in, let someone else buy and bust up thier fingers, hands and backs...

stay clean, have the warranty, save your blood.

my truck and my wifes truck are a night and day difference.

i drive a 2004 chevy 2500hd, with the 6.0, nv4500 manual, 2wd, no options except ac and a radio. rubber floormats, manual locks and windows, i love it. simple to work on. i put a detroit locker in the 14 bolt, and it chews thru the snow as good as most 4wd trucks...