Estes | Yearly Bids

imported_Turned

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone in the west heard why the bids are being delayed?
We always bid mid September for a October start, but we are not being told anything about why they are pushed back.
And before we get into it once again Estes West bids yearly on our linehaul runs. Actually we Bid in March or April when they changed stuff around and they said in the papers we received that we would bid like usual for an October start date.

I didn't know they were delayed. Up here in the NW we are supposed to be bidding in November like last year. I haven't seen anything official on that though.

I didn't know they were delayed. Up here in the NW we are supposed to be bidding in November like last year. I haven't seen anything official on that though.

Actually it is in Sept we bid for a first pay period in Oct start. If you look at your log books and chose a diff run it will show when we started our new bids. I actually went back the last two years and yup there it was.

Huh, I wonder if you guys bid before we did last year. Oh well. I guess when I see the bid sheets on the wall thats when they'll happen. I have been on the EB the whole time so I can't go the log book route.

Yep it's that time of the YEAR......Bid time,well I heard from a very reliable source that we will be bidding at the end of the month!:funky:

I think its funny Estes will not let us know why our bids are delayed. You figure at least they would say the SOS but not a memo nor answer to any questions.

estes owns the company you work for them they dont have to explain
nothing to the employee"s. i believe you guy"s were bought out by estes
so just cause the company u worked with before bid in september dont mean estes has to keep it that way. i thought in the east that the estes driver"s were on lifetime bids they bid on a run and stay on it till they were fired or retired........

estes owns the company you work for them they dont have to explain
nothing to the employee"s. i believe you guy"s were bought out by estes
so just cause the company u worked with before bid in september dont mean estes has to keep it that way. i thought in the east that the estes driver"s were on lifetime bids they bid on a run and stay on it till they were fired or retired........

I do not understand what your anger is for. I guess I should just shut up and color. Sorry I would like the company that I work for to let me know whats going on after all they say we are a family. In my family if we do something that involves a large portion of the family we do not keep it quiet especially when it directly affects members of our family. I guess we all come from different family backgrounds and I would assume yours was not a loving one mine was at least honest with one another.

Turned how long you been in the trucking business? Must not have been long cause you have not learned yet the company does what they want when they want and when they decide to tell you about it it has already been done. I was raised in a loving family just like you have explained but i dont consider my job part of my family.

10 speed I am guessing you really did not pay attention to my post the first time nor the second time. I have over 2 million miles easily so I am not new. I have worked for E a long enough time.
You are right companys do whatever they want. I am not going to appologize for trying to get them to stand behind there word and I will continue to do so.
As far as what I have learned is that people who do not even work for E post on here and it is actually amussing that people take valuable time to post in forums where they do not work and try and answer questions they have no idea about.
Here is part of my original post it might help you understand that I am trying to figure out what is going on and not have people answer that have no idea of EW:
And before we get into it once again Estes West bids yearly on our linehaul runs.
Oh and remember there is not a thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.
AND ONE MORE THING I CONSIDER EVERYONE I WORK WITH AN EXTENDED PART OF MY FAMILY EVEN THE UPPER MANAGEMENT

Hey know problem and i hope you find the
answer you are looking for i have a good
friend that is terminal mgr for estes in
norfolk,va would you like me to find an
answer to your question? Ans as far as
far as the family part i dont agree but
everyone has there own opion..........

Why don't ya'all keep the runs you are doing now? What's the reason for the bid'n? I never knew the company did bids.

Why don't ya'all keep the runs you are doing now? What's the reason for the bid'n? I never knew the company did bids.

Estes bought GI and decided to keep the bidding system intact. If they went to a lifetime bid they would have problems. So estes west bids every year. I have no idea what kind of position you have but I will give you an example.
Say you are a long time line driver and you are on a gravy run that is daylight hours and you only put in 5 to 7 hrs a day. Now you can make your bills on what you make so everything is good. Now something happens spouse is laid off or medical bills or divorce and so on. You need to make more and instead of going and getting a part time job you are going to be bidding in a couple of months. There is a nighttime run that makes 300 to 400 dollars more per week and so you do not have to get that part time job. The only people lifetime bids are good for are the lower seniority drivers.

hey i agree and think estes should all have bids. i love it. keeping a bid while a higher up driver gets cut and put to the extra board is not fair. i know alot of you feel ." not my problem" till your the guy that gets cut or like turned said just need the money. seniority should mean something to us

just wait beerboy till you are the one cut from your "gravy" run and you have to take a extra board run you are not that high and almighty to avoid it if i lived in kck and i wated your run i could kick you right now just because and what would you do??? and just for the record i have been in the need more money situation and i chose to provide for my family and i went extraboard for that reason