XPO | Yearly tractor swaps

All BS as far as our barn is concerned. '15 tractors that run probably 800 miles/day going away. Will get new '16s, no one knows when. I have a nice 2010, have had a lot of stuff fixed on it, going away. Gets 400 miles daily at least. None of this makes sense as they explained what they are trying to do, other than **** DRIVERS OFF

Come on driver, I am not defending XPO here but in such a large organization I doubt their intent is to intentionally sit around and **** drivers off..There is so much that they have to manage on a daily basis. And I say this as a former driver turned academic. So I can see it from both sides of the coin..The answer is never always that simple. just saying!

All BS as far as our barn is concerned. '15 tractors that run probably 800 miles/day going away. Will get new '16s, no one knows when. I have a nice 2010, have had a lot of stuff fixed on it, going away. Gets 400 miles daily at least. None of this makes sense as they explained what they are trying to do, other than **** DRIVERS OFF

I had a nice 2010 that has had lots of stuff replaced an is finally running strong an had 570,000 miles on it an now I'm going to a :shit:ty sterling an just about all of them have issues at our barn guess i will be sitting on side of road a lot this year

Didn't say it was new it's just wrong how they justify it an **** off all the drivers with some of the crap tractors u receive after losing ur better trucks

A couple years ago Ohio passed stricter emissions regulations and ALL of our old tractors went to the Carolinas and their Freightliners came to us. You should have heard the cussing.

We have 2 trucks with a million miles in them an they aren't selling them there still gonna be ran this year.. We will have those along with 1 other freightliner so 3 2010 freightliner is all we have with 2 of them with a million miles.. Taking our 15's an 12's
So how long are your runs?

We have 3-4 guys doing 530 a night an other 2-3 doing 400 a night an the others go to a nearby fac an than run vias which ends up being about 400 a night than out city operation half of the city guys are putting 300 easily a day people are pissed off an cuz we are a small terminal we get ::shit:: on

What's a 'hill'. I am a flatlander......

Flat lander myself. Here in Cowtown any noticeable change in elevation is a hill. If you are on any 270 overpass and look in towards the city. You can see clear across to the other side. Many of our mountains. Mt. Victory. Mt. Vernon. Mt. Air and so on, there is no mountain or even a hill anywhere nearby.

We commonly refer to coming out of the Dayton valley, after having passed 75 on 70 in either direction as coming up Dayton mountain.

Still don't want to be in some cab over without a turbo or cruise control. I am spoiled and I know it.

I used to peddle freight in a '94 twin axel Ford Aeromax.......I loved that truck, had a 10 speed, big CAT 3406, had low miles on it too back in '09 was only at 500K. I think it was truck 624-4039.
I see your picture has changed from a Sterling to a Freightliner , I think.... I wonder what the oldest tractor and hat we have in service is? Or , the most miles?

My oldie but goodie was 478-7204 , I had older tractors but always went through the most crap with this truck.

pseeuri.jpg

I see your picture has changed from a Sterling to a Freightliner , I think.... I wonder what the oldest tractor and hat we have in service is? Or , the most miles?

My oldie but goodie was 478-7204 , I had older tractors but always went through the most crap with this truck.

Yea, ive had a freightliner since I went to nighttime linehaul in 2013. Thought it'd be cool to update the picture as similar as the last one of the Sterling......anyhow.....the highest mileage ive seen yet was on a 2003 Sterling......was a 432 unit. 1,333,814 miles Was your oldie but goodie a 1997 unit?

pseeuri.jpg

Yea, ive had a freightliner since I went to nighttime linehaul in 2013. Thought it'd be cool to update the picture as similar as the last one of the Sterling......anyhow.....the highest mileage ive seen yet was on a 2003 Sterling......was a 432 unit. 1,333,814 miles Was your oldie but goodie a 1997 unit?
I guess. You can tell the age of Con-way ( XPO ) equipment by the number. I never bothered to learn how that works.

I believe that initially they lease the tractors. Then at the end of the lease there is an option to buy. If it has been a lemon they can get rid of it.
I never thought of that question. Look at the insurance card. It will tell you who owns the truck.